Would you pay for a naked picture of Bea Arthur?

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Warning: Nudity shown at link! :puke:

http://gawker.com/would-you-pay-2-million-for-this-painting-of-naked-bea-506571160

Would You Pay $2 Million for This Painting of Naked Bea Arthur? [NSFW]

Artist John Currin painted this portrait (which Bea didn't model for) of the late, great Golden Girl in 1991. The New Yorker referred to it as part of a series by Currin that featured "acrid fantasy portraits of menopausal women." I think it's quite beautiful.

The painting is up for auction today and is expected to go for between $1.8-2.5 million..

:scared:

I looked at it and... :sick: ... they'd have to pay me $2 million to take it. :scared:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-bea-arthur-painting-20130524,0,2200055.story

Jimmy Kimmel denies he bought Bea Arthur painting [Updated]

By David Ng
May 24, 2013, 4:59 p.m.

[Updated] Jimmy Kimmel took to Twitter late Friday to deny that he was the buyer of John Currin's nude Bea Arthur painting, contradicting an earlier tweet confirming that he was. He also denied that he had given the painting to fellow comedian Jeffrey Ross.

Kimmel wrote on his official Twitter account: "Contrary to 'news' reports, I didn't buy the Bea Arthur painting - not even for @realjeffreyross - but I did buy the Mona Lisa Lampanelli."

Earlier on Friday, the comedian confirmed on Twitter that he was the person who spent $1.9 million on a 1991 nude portrait of Arthur by artist John Currin, and that he has given the painting to fellow comedian Jeff Ross...

Considering the way she dressed on tv, I can only assume she would look better nekkid, but I'll leave that test to those with the mega bucks.

Right on, Bea, your still making tongues wag!

I never liked her. That aside, the painting looks like it was done by an amateur. She didn't sit for it. I think the frame would be worth more.

NO NO NO! :notgood: it would be like seeing your nan naked, you just don't need to see that :hills:
Good for her if she's got the guts to pose nude but I don't want to see that.

NO NO NO! :notgood: it would be like seeing your nan naked, you just don't need to see that :hills:
Good for her if she's got the guts to pose nude but I don't want to see that.

She never posed for it.

Wouldn't have known it was Bea Arthur.

When I watched Maude many moons ago it was , Adrienne Barbeau that played her daughter that turned heads.

If it was done in '91 then Bea must have known about it. I wonder what she thought? I like/ liked her. A very classy elegant actress. The painting looks as good as some of the younger half dressed fake boob and lips pretending to be television nowadays.

Is this a trick question? Hell to the yes I would.

What else am I going to hang next to my Rue McClanahan nude?

Not in a MILLION years.I've always found her to be extremely manly.

"Manly"? Look out, gender police are all up in this thread! :rolleyes:

When my sister was little, she accidentally walked in on my grandma while she was changing clothes. She's still traumatized by it.

I took that as a warning, and I'm using it in this instance.

:scared:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood