VA - Spanner, Death's Head Moth, Exemplar, others fighting crime in the Seven Cities

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
‘Superheroes’ fight crime, help the needy in Hampton Roads (wtkr.com)
---
By day he’s Jason Reibold.
---
By night, he goes by Ira O’Reilly. And Ira travels with a group. Exemplar, the Death’s Head Moth, Spanner, and Valcura are the others. Together they are the Virginia Initiative, fighting crime and patrolling the streets of the Seven Cities.

The Virginia team is just one of eight Initiative Collective volunteer branches of the organization across the country.

“You don’t have to have a utility belt and spandex,” Reibold says. “Anybody can do it.”

Despite the superhero-like names, Reibold says the five members try to steer clear of being called vigilantes or superheroes. They prefer to be called a group of activists.
---
more, with a video, at the link

I love these guys!

A spanner can be a wrench or a pocket tool, Valcura seems to derive from World of Warcraft games, an exemplar is a role model, something worthy of imitation, a death's head moth is a type of moth with skull-like markings, and Ira O'Reilly may refer to Joe O'Reilly, aide-de-camp for the IRA leader Michael Collins.

LOL, I live in Hampton Roads and this is the first of heard of these guys. I follow the news but not usually Channel 3 so maybe that's why.

I have to go back and watch the video (see if there's anyone I recognize).

After watching the video I'm concerned that someone is going to get hurt. They don't carry weapons and never mention being trained in any sort of way to deal with crime.

BTW, why did they show the guy in shadow after they had already given his name, showed his face, and let him state that he has a two year old child????

After watching the video I'm concerned that someone is going to get hurt. They don't carry weapons and never mention being trained in any sort of way to deal with crime.
snip

I agree. Has all the markings of a thing that won't end well.

LOL, I live in Hampton Roads and this is the first of heard of these guys. I follow the news but not usually Channel 3 so maybe that's why.

I have to go back and watch the video (see if there's anyone I recognize).

Check out the movie 'Mystery Men'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back