LA - Bizarre Kidnapping of a 7 year-old Girl, New Orleans, 05 June 2013

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Suspect still at-large in 'bizarre' kidnapping of 7-year-old girl
wwltv.com
Posted on June 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Updated today at 10:11 PM

JEFFERSON, La – In a quiet Metairie neighborhood, detectives searched for clues after a 7-year-old girl was kidnapped from the courtyard of her Fat City apartment complex just before five Wednesday night.

“Bizarre is the word here,” said Boyd. “I talked to one of our detectives, he's been on the force for 17 years and has never worked a stranger abduction case.”

The suspected kidnapper is described as a white male with spiked dark hair and a short beard and mustache.
He was wearing a black shirt and khaki pants and appears to be between the age of 30 and 40.
If you have any information, call the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office at (504) 364-5300 or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.
He kidnapped the little girl from an apartment complex courtyard. Thankfully, about an hour later, she was found in a nearby neighborhood. At this time, authorities think she somehow was able to escape.
suspectinmetairiekidnap.jpg

The girl's grandfather says he's angry that the suspect was able to get into the gated apartment complex to begin with, explaining, "It's supposed to be locked at all times. There's one gate that doesn't lock. If the guests come in, they put a rock in the gate to keep people from going in and out. That's going to have to change for sure. Very easily, they could not be going to a hospital, I could be going to a funeral for my granddaughter and that's scary."

http://www.fox8live.com/story/22516223/kidnapping-victims-family-says-theyre-happy-shes-alive

Metairie, La. - Jefferson Parish deputies search for a man who they say kidnapped a 7-year-old girl as she played near her Fat City home. The girl somehow managed to escaped a short time later.
It happened just before 5:00 Wednesday evening at an apartment complex in the 3400 block of Edenborn Avenue.

JPSO spokesman Glen Boyd says, "The suspect went into the Yorkshire apartments a few times on foot, came back in and out, I guess to scope out the place. And the last time that he went in there, he saw a little girl, 7 years old, she was real small, and just picked her up from the back and brought her to his car and he left."

If you have any information about this crime, call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.
http://www.fox8live.com/story/22516223/kidnapping-victims-family-says-theyre-happy-shes-alive

ETA: Just to be clear, it's been stated that the man has no connection to the little girl.

She is one very lucky little girl and I hope they get the creep who abducted her. I dont give much for her chances if she hadn't escaped

That's scary. The man looks very normal, isn't someone you would look at and think "oh-oh" ... just average Joe.

So glad this ended well.

Thank Goodness.

I wonder how she got away? If he just let her go i will be surprised. I will be thankful though, seeing as so many of these monsters are killing their victims. This little sweetheart is back with her family and they must be so relieved. God Bless Her.

Investigators went to the Iowa Street address hoping to find Carter, but when they got there, they learned from a family member that Carter was no longer living there, and was now staying at 1125 North Tonti St. in New Orleans.

Investigators raced to the 1100 block of North Tonti Street and found the gold-colored vehicle...
The article goes on to say he was arrested shortly afterward.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/metairie_kidnap_suspect_arrest.html

Thank goodness he's been caught, and the little girl escaped with her life. Still, the injury done to her is unforgiveable. Now the question is whether there have been other little victims who didn't get away!

Am I correct that we have a white suspect and a black victim?
How common is that? (I can't think of one right now...)
I'm just wondering when looking into other possible victims...
Should we be looking at all races or did he have a "type?"

The address where he was arrested is Odyssey House, an addiction rehab facility.

"Odyssey House Louisiana (OHL) is a nonprofit behavioral healthcare facility with an emphasis on addiction treatment."

http://www.ohlinc.org/

Of the states I've checked so far, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Florida, his name doesn't come up in the sex offender registries.

Am I correct that we have a white suspect and a black victim?
How common is that? (I can't think of one right now...)
I'm just wondering when looking into other possible victims...
Should we be looking at all races or did he have a "type?"
There's no way to be sure with only one known victim. Besides race, I'm wondering about age range.

ETA: FWIW, this guy lives in a very nice neighborhood in Kenner.

There's no way to be sure with only one known victim. Besides race, I'm wondering about age range.

ETA: FWIW, this guy lives in a very nice neighborhood in Kenner.

Can you think of another case of a stranger child abduction that crossed race lines?
I don't pay much attention to who the perp is, so I likely missed some.
Then of course there are the unsolved ones, I can think of several of those.
Of the solved ones I can think of, I cannot come up with one that was a different race from the victim. :waitasec:

so sad she was raped but unlike so many she did get home to her loving parents. I wonder if she escaped or he just tossed her out of the car when done with her. What a creep

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back