1486 users online (270 members and 1216 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Assaulted, priest denies knowledge of beer, condoms, lube jelly in motel room

A mystery of ol' San Antone. Apparently.

Priest recovering after apparent, unexplained, Southtown motel assault .(San Antonio Express-News)
    A Bastrop priest who was found by police last week standing in the doorway of his Southtown motel wearing only his underwear, the victim of an apparent assault, left authorities with several unanswered questions about why he was there.

Father Rafael Padilla, 42, was unable to tell police who may have caused the swelling, cuts and bruises on his face and arms.

Padilla also couldn't explain to police why there was a cold, unopened beer, condoms and lubricating jelly inside the motel room or who the items could belong to, according to the police report.

He checked into the Relax Inn in the 500 block of Roosevelt Avenue about 11:30 a.m. on May 29 and hotel staff told police that 30 minutes later Padilla called them asking for an ambulance.

An ambulance took Padilla, who was complaining of head pain, to San Antonio Military Medical Center for treatment, according to the police report, but when questioned about how he was injured he said “he thought he was dreaming and didn't know what was going on.”
    ---
    the rest at the link above

reminds me of the priest in handcuffs story that was local to me.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Many times in my youth, at a motel I thought I "was dreaming and didn't know what was going on."

And I was desk clerk.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    reminds me of the priest in handcuffs story that was local to me.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...iest+handcuffs

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Many times in my youth, at a motel I thought I "was dreaming and didn't know what was going on."

And I was desk clerk.

Back in my earky 20s, I was once high as a kite with my now-husband, and in the middle of the night we checked into a motel after an evening of partying (didn't want to drive).

Woke up the next morning, there were champagne bottles, overflowing ashtrays, that we didn't remember drinking/using.

No unexplained box of condoms or lube, but we did notice suddenly that the bed was heart shaped, and the hot tub had mirrors on the ceiling over it.

Never noticed those room features the night before. Definitely felt like I was dreaming, except the hangover was a clue I wasn't. Didn't call the police tho, just checked out quietly...

Father Rafael definitely should have just checked out quietly, hahahaha.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

That desk clerk job was a trip. I was 19. On weekends, I and my cohorts of similar age could "rent" ourselves rooms (without payment) and so on. Lord, the trouble we barely avoided getting into, as all Responsible Adult Employees were elsewhere.

Is t it amazing people get through some of the stuff we pull in out teens and early 20s?

Of course, Father Rafe is 42... Which of course isn't old, and needs of the flesh and all, I guess... but you'd think by this age he'd have learned to be a bit more discreet than calling the cops after a motel romp goes badly.

Wonder if his date will ever come forward lol...
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Ok, so WHY was he at the motel? Was it sanctioned business or what?? This would be a vital detail.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Is t it amazing people get through some of the stuff we pull in out teens and early 20s?

Of course, Father Rafe is 42... Which of course isn't old, and needs of the flesh and all, I guess... but you'd think by this age he'd have learned to be a bit more discreet than calling the cops after a motel romp goes badly.

Wonder if his date will ever come forward lol...
    I think he might not have called the cops as such. He told the hotel staff that he wanted an ambulance because of his injury. It could be that the hotel people asked for the police as well or 911 decided that the police should investigate an apparent assault.

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    Ok, so WHY was he at the motel? Was it sanctioned business or what?? This would be a vital detail.
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
    I definitely think he was there looking for a duck. [damn autocorrect...]
    Just my opinion...

Wink

I need to go dig up the thread about the priest in my old church in Colorado that got jogging in "the all together." He's not a priest anymore, to the knowledge...I will see if I can find the link. I think it was posted in the "unusual" forum...
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Smile

Here is a link to the thread.

That was the same week my youngest BIL drowned. I think that thread was therapy for me! LOL

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...erick+Colorado
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums.

Not much different, but a bit more info.

the responding officer noted that Padilla-Valdes was standing in his room with the door open, wearing only underwear, with what appeared to be swelling and abrasions to his face and arms. The officer also noted in the report that he saw condoms and beer in the room and that Padilla-Valdes appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
    http://www.statesman.com/news/news/l...antonio/nYDsk/
    Every murderer is someone's old friend ... Agatha Christie

Oh dear. I'm sure I'm already on the fast track to hell, so I'll just go ahead anyway and admit that I'm way disappointed by his photo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast