Runner's pain is no pulled muscle; it's a baby

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ap-runners_pain_is_no_pulled_muscle_rather-ap

DULUTH, Minn. (AP) — An aspiring half-marathon runner in Minnesota attributed her unbearable back pain to a two-hour training session. A day later, she was cradling a newborn.

Trish Staine, 33, says she had no idea she was pregnant before Monday's surprise birth. The Duluth mother of three said she hadn't gained any weight or felt fetal movement in the months before. And besides, her husband had a vasectomy.........

[Oops!....can this happen?]

Staine said her husband has a good sense of humor.

"He's still in shock. Everybody is teasing him," she said.........more......

It's hard to imagine not knowing. I realized after my daughter was born that many coworkers had no idea I was pregnant. I'm tall and carried it well. Of course, I work in scrubs so that hid it as well. The thing that gets me is how in the work do they not notice those alien like belly movements?

Well, that's bizarre.

I will say I know a woman who didn't know she was pregnant until she delivered in the ER...and she'd had two kids before. Her husband is a good friend of my brother, and when my brother called to tell me, all I could think of was "she wasn't pregnant last week at dinner!" LOL.

Best-
Herding Cats

I know of someone that happened to. She didn't know she was pregnant till she ended up in the ER with pain. But she was extremely overweight. All her kids were grown, my age. This child was the age of my oldest kids.

I also had a co worker with grown kids who was raising grandkids. Her husband had had a vasectomy, she'd had a tubal she was in her third trimester when she found out.....

One of my aunts gained 2.5 pounds during her first pregnancy and 5 with her second. She knew she was pregnant, but when she went to the hospital to deliver the first one, the nurse asked her if she was pregnant. She told her it would be pretty hard to be in labor if she wasn't. The baby was over 6 pounds, but she had lost enough weight in other places to keep her overall weight from changing much. She also never needed maternity clothes during either pregnancy - while I needed them at about 3 months with both of mine!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back