747 users online (114 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man hunting for pythons finds mysterious jewelry

MIAMI (AP) — Like most people who signed up for Florida's official Burmese python hunt last winter, Mark Rubinstein slogged a couple times through the Everglades without ever seeing one of the elusive snakes.

Something else caught his eye, though..............

A beautiful pendant...pic and story at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Seeing the picture, first, I instantly thought "celtic." Once I read on, I found out I was right. I saw that they think its either 18k or 22k gold... speaking from experience, the finer hand-made jewelry that I own from Ireland is 18k... it is quite a pretty gold and holds up very, very well. Given the rich Irish heritage in New York, maybe it came from someone on the '72 New York flight.