GUILTY ME - Adam Keene for child endangerment, Hallowell, 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-maine_man_charged_after_son_takes_gun_to-ap

HALLOWELL, Maine (AP) — The father of a 4-year-old who brought his dad's loaded handgun to a Maine day care center has been charged with reckless conduct.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that 31-year-old Adam Keene of Madison will be summoned to court to face the misdemeanor charge.

District Attorney Maeghan Maloney says Keene acted in a manner that could have ended in tragedy, but because she thinks his acts were unintentional, he won't face a felony charge.........more.......

Maybe if these parents were charged with felonies and reported for negligence they would start paying attention to where the heck their guns are! I am sooooo tired of reading these types of stories. There is NO excuse for this IMO. The gun was obviously not locked up.

I'm glad some parent is finally being charged for letting a child get their gun(s) even if the claim is that the backpack was supposed to serve only from the car to the house and he, oops, just FORGOT about the gun - give me a break.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-maine_man_charged_after_son_takes_gun_to-ap

HALLOWELL, Maine (AP) — The father of a 4-year-old who brought his dad's loaded handgun to a Maine day care center has been charged with reckless conduct.

Prosecutors said Wednesday that 31-year-old Adam Keene of Madison will be summoned to court to face the misdemeanor charge.

District Attorney Maeghan Maloney says Keene acted in a manner that could have ended in tragedy, but because she thinks his acts were unintentional, he won't face a felony charge.........more.......

Maybe if these parents were charged with felonies and reported for negligence they would start paying attention to where the heck their guns are! I am sooooo tired of reading these types of stories. There is NO excuse for this IMO. The gun was obviously not locked up.

Me too! As you can tell. He should be charged with a felony! I don't care if it's intentional or not either. If it's your gun, you have a responsibility to keep it locked. That gun even had a bullet in it.

On April 23, a worker at Rollins Family Child Care Center in Hallowell found a loaded .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun in the boy's backpack.

"All weapons are toys to children, so parents have to take care of them," Maloney said. "By failing to keep control of his weapon, Mr. Keene acted in a reckless manner that could have ended in tragedy, not only for his family, but for an entire daycare. That's why I decided to bring the charge."

The father sounds like a piece of work, he kept a loaded gun in the house and points it at the family dog.....

I'm glad some parent is finally being charged for letting a child get their gun(s) even if the claim is that the backpack was supposed to serve only from the car to the house and he, oops, just FORGOT about the gun - give me a break.

and then....oops...reported it stolen!

The father sounds like a piece of work, he kept a loaded gun in the house and points it at the family dog.....

That should count as child abuse if the kid is around... it's sick.

You know what's sad is that he will get a slap on the hand and we will probably hear some bad news concerning this guy in the not too distant future.

That should count as child abuse if the kid is around... it's sick.

You know what's sad is that he will get a slap on the hand and we will probably hear some bad news concerning this guy in the not too distant future.

And how many times have we heard this
Johnson got a temporary protection order, but two weeks later successfully requested the court dismiss both her complaint and the temporary order.

geez

I am so over morons. Seriously. If you want to exercise your right to own a gun that is peachy but if your kid has access to your gun or you fail to secure it properly you bet your bippy you ought to be charged.

Sheesh.

I am sick unto death of this same story over and friggin over.

December 2013:

The father of a 4-year-old boy who brought a loaded gun to a Hallowell day care center in April pleaded guilty Tuesday to a charge of reckless conduct in connection with that incident and later apologized to everyone affected.

Adam J. Keene, 31, of Madison, received a deferred disposition. If he complies with the terms, in 10 months he can withdraw his plea and the charge will be dismissed...

Keene will surrender his concealed weapons permit but will be eligible to reapply for it after the deferred disposition period ends.

If he fails to comply with the terms of the deferral, he could be sentenced to up to 364 days in jail, the maximum penalty on the misdemeanor charge.

Maloney told the judge that while Keene says he doesn’t know how the gun got in his son’s bag, the state believes otherwise.

If the case went to trial, she said, a witness would testify that Keene told her “he threw the gun into the day care bag when carrying other bags into the house” and meant to remove it and put it into a locked safe.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2013/12...ght_gun_to_hallowell_day_care_pleads_guilty_/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back