Underwater Photo of the Year - beautiful

Reader

Reaction score
Haunting Image of Sea Animal Is Deemed Underwater Photograph of the Year by Judges Celebrating the Aquatic World's Wonderful Beauty

http://www.capitalbay.com/photos/34...ing-the-aquatic-world-s-wonderful-beauty.html

No other info given about the judges or contest, and I don't even know what animal it is but it made my day with its beauty. It will be on my signature tomorrow. I'll try to find out more about it.

picture.php

It looks like a sea lion to me, but my sight isn't the greatest. MOO

Sea lion is what I thought too.

Stunning picture. Thank you Reader!

Well, every search I did came back to the DM but it answers the questions:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...iding-shrimps-brightly-coloured-molluscs.html

A British photographer's stunning shot of a lionfish swimming by the wreck of merchant navy ship in Egypt, and the haunting image of a harbor seal floating in a kelp forest of San Diego, are among the winning entries of an underwater photography competition.

More than 650 underwater images were submitted - from 23 countries including the UK and Italy - for the 2013 Annual Underwater Photography Contest by the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science (RSMAS).

The winners were chosen by a panel of experts including underwater photographer Nicole Wang, photographer and University of Miami lecturer Myron Wang and Rosenstiel School Marine Biology and Fisheries scientist Dr. Jiangang Luo.

This image of a harbor seal was taken in a kelp forest at Cortes bank near San Diego in California by Kyle McBurnie. It was the overall winning image submitted to the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science's (RSMAS) underwater photography competition in Miami

More at link with great pics....

I thought it was a seal - sea lions have ears, and I couldn't see any on this shot. It's a great photo...seals are so interesting.

Best-
Herding Cats

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member