Hosts of Radio Show ‘Pursuit of Happiness’ Apparent Suicides

my_tee_mouse

Done. Put a Fork in Me.
Reaction score
That is so sad....from the article:

But Dr. Peter Kanaris, a clinical psychologist and the coordinator of public education for the New York State Psychological Association, said “no particular group of people is immune to suicide, including mental health professionals.”

Noting that suicide rates among the middle-aged are rising, Kanaris said, “what’s always been a problem is becoming more of a problem and a case like this brings it to public attention.”

I didn't realize the BBM was happening now....

I knew a girl in college who was ALWAYS talking about the pursuit of happiness and fulfillment. She was known for going on and on about what she planned in her life so she could pursue a positive fulfillment attain her objectives and goals and she ended up hanging herself a few years later. My friend, who was her roommate. said she thought her friend had too high of expectations concerning 'happiness and fulfillment.' She met a guy and fell in love, but later felt it was not all fireworks and butterflies in her stomach anymore. My friend was saying to her ' that is the honeymoon phase'---it is not going to stay that way after the initial phase wears off, but she took it as a big let down. The same thing with her new job. She got 'bored' with her 'dream job' and was very disappointed that she was disappointed. It was sad, imo, that she had such huge expectations about 'life.'

I wonder if her weight gains were related to medications for her disorder. I have a friend, she's not bipolar but has another psychiatric disorder, and has complained that some of the side effects of her medications were large weight gains and then she goes off the meds and then does seem to lose the weight fairly quickly. Of course it doesn't help her illness but neither did the 50 pound weight gain.

Suicide?
Really?
Even with suicide notes, I hope this is investigated thoroughly, so there is no doubt.

I wonder if her weight gains were related to medications for her disorder. I have a friend, she's not bipolar but has another psychiatric disorder, and has complained that some of the side effects of her medications were large weight gains and then she goes off the meds and then does seem to lose the weight fairly quickly. Of course it doesn't help her illness but neither did the 50 pound weight gain.

That's definitely one of the side effects of medication; people with depression, bipolar disorder, etc. already feel bad about themselves on so many levels; their self-esteem has already taken a beating. Couple that with a huge weight gain, and wham! What the medication helps improve, the face in the mirror drives back down. Then the person attempts to control one of the few controllable aspects of their condition; unfortunately, the most controllable is the medication, and they stop taking it. Then the vicious cycle begins again.

I knew a girl in college who was ALWAYS talking about the pursuit of happiness and fulfillment. She was known for going on and on about what she planned in her life so she could pursue a positive fulfillment attain her objectives and goals and she ended up hanging herself a few years later. My friend, who was her roommate. said she thought her friend had too high of expectations concerning 'happiness and fulfillment.' She met a guy and fell in love, but later felt it was not all fireworks and butterflies in her stomach anymore. My friend was saying to her ' that is the honeymoon phase'---it is not going to stay that way after the initial phase wears off, but she took it as a big let down. The same thing with her new job. She got 'bored' with her 'dream job' and was very disappointed that she was disappointed. It was sad, imo, that she had such huge expectations about 'life.'

I also think that people that talk a lot about optimism, happiness, etc., and how to achieve it tend to be struggling with depression. I struggle with it and also suffer from anxiety- but I am constantly reading and researching the topic of happiness. I guess you can say I am trying to "cure" myself. Because I spend a lot of time on that topic, I talk a lot about it to other people.
So most people probably say to themselves, "That deca, she is always talking about being positive and trying to maintain optimism. She must be so happy!" when in reality that is just not the case.

Source:International Business Times

Littig and Rosen were found sitting together on a couch, holding hands, CNN reports. A helium canister with an open valve sat nearby.

Boztepe also discovered a pair of suicide notes, apparently written by Littig and Rosen, CNN reports. According to the manager, Littig’s note stated: “I can’t take it anymore, my wife is in too much pain.”

I was wondering what 'pain' Lynne Rosen was in. Was she ill?

:ufo:I'm sorry....but is this just not the strangest story ever????

I wonder if this is one of those situations in which one would not have done it without the other.

Very sad...condolences to those they left behind.

RIP to both of them

~jmo~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie