VA VA - Waverly 'Wade' Sharpe, 32, Goochland County, Aug 1997

zapped

Reaction score
Posting what information I have in the hopes someone here can help.

The following is from an article about Wade on Porchlight International.

For Connie Taylor, the loss of Sharpe, her step-brother, is punctuated by the words not knowing.

“We don’t know a thing about what happened to him,” she said. “The police tell us they won’t be able to tell us anything or do anything until they have a body or some remains.”

Sharpe had been at a social event with some coworkers. One had picked him up and then brought him home. The last time he was seen he was walking towards his trailer.

“A friend called my mother [Sharpe’s step-mother] when he couldn’t reach Waverly and asked if she knew where he was and did she think they ought to call authorities,” Taylor explained. “She said he might have taken off so give him a few days. When we did call the authorities and they went to check on him, they found his cigarettes and wallet on the steps of his trailer. Everything inside seemed to be in its place.

“There were ground searches all around the area, but there were never any signs of him found,” she said. “I asked the police to check a well on the property because a new one had been dug, and they said they had and didn’t find anything.”

Wade went missing August 1997 and so far there have been no new leads on his case. The Goochland County Va Sheriffs Department allowed friends and neighbors to help in the search around his house, obliterating the crime scene and possibly destroying key evidence in the process.

I know this case is extremely old but if anyone thinks they can help it would be much appreciated.

Hi, zapped. And welcome to Websleuths.

If you are still able to edit your post, you might change the title to include the year and the town/state of his disappearance -- that way, you may attract the attention of WSers from that area or especially interested in cases from that area. (I think, if you're still able to edit --there's a time limit -- you need to choose "Edit" and then "Go Advanced" to edit the title.)

If it's any help, Waverly (Wade) Sharpe's case is mentioned in another thread on WS. Here's the link to the post that mentions his disappearance:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - Robert Lee Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

Don't worry -- there are many cases in this forum that date back well before 1997.

I hope some answers can be found about this young man's disappearance.

Here's an MSM article from this past March that mentions Wade:

Three Goochland women brought together by unsolved cases

GOOCHLAND, VA (WWBT) -
Three Goochland women were brought together by a vigil held at the County Courthouse Thursday night. The vigil was held for their loved ones who had either disappeared or been killed. ...

...Waldrop met friend Connie Taylor through her tragedy. Taylor's brother, Wade Sharpe, has been missing for fifteen years. Taylor's mother still has faith but Connie fears the worst.

more at: http://www.nbc12.com/story/21647617/three-women-brought-together-by-missing-killed-loved-ones

Posting what information I have in the hopes someone here can help.

The following is from an article about Wade on Porchlight International.

For Connie Taylor, the loss of Sharpe, her step-brother, is punctuated by the words not knowing.

“We don’t know a thing about what happened to him,” she said. “The police tell us they won’t be able to tell us anything or do anything until they have a body or some remains.”

Sharpe had been at a social event with some coworkers. One had picked him up and then brought him home. The last time he was seen he was walking towards his trailer.

“A friend called my mother [Sharpe’s step-mother] when he couldn’t reach Waverly and asked if she knew where he was and did she think they ought to call authorities,” Taylor explained. “She said he might have taken off so give him a few days. When we did call the authorities and they went to check on him, they found his cigarettes and wallet on the steps of his trailer. Everything inside seemed to be in its place.

“There were ground searches all around the area, but there were never any signs of him found,” she said. “I asked the police to check a well on the property because a new one had been dug, and they said they had and didn’t find anything.”

Wade went missing August 1997 and so far there have been no new leads on his case. The Goochland County Va Sheriffs Department allowed friends and neighbors to help in the search around his house, obliterating the crime scene and possibly destroying key evidence in the process.

I know this case is extremely old but if anyone thinks they can help it would be much appreciated.

I'm going to bring over the tidbits of info I had posted in your earlier thread, just in case they should be of help:

(1) If it's any help, Waverly (Wade) Sharpe's case is mentioned in another thread on WS. Here's the link to the post that mentions his disappearance:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - VA VA - Robert Lee Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

zapped, I apologize for not realizing before when I linked that post that it was one you yourself had made! I noticed, this time.

(2) Here's an MSM article from this past March that mentions Wade:

Three Goochland women brought together by unsolved cases

GOOCHLAND, VA (WWBT) -
Three Goochland women were brought together by a vigil held at the County Courthouse Thursday night. The vigil was held for their loved ones who had either disappeared or been killed. ...

...Waldrop met friend Connie Taylor through her tragedy. Taylor's brother, Wade Sharpe, has been missing for fifteen years. Taylor's mother still has faith but Connie fears the worst. ...
more at: http://www.nbc12.com/story/21647617/three-women-brought-together-by-missing-killed-loved-ones

2013:

Wade Sharp disappeared almost 15 years ago from his home on Route 250, leaving his wallet and cigarettes on the steps of his trailer home, said his step-sister Connie Taylor

“The family took off for a week, looking for him and putting up signs. Sharp, who was 32-years old at the time of his disappearance, worked construction always kept in touch with his family.

“Not a day went by that he didn’t call his mother,” said Taylor, who wonders why no progress has ever been made in resolving the case.

“As small as the county is I’m surprised no one knew anything about it,” she said. Now she yearns for a resolution of the mystery.

“It’s hard – you still think about it. We’re hoping that someone will come forward,” she said.

http://m.richmond.com/news/local/ce...47e-9194-11e2-863b-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

Waverly Grayson Sharpe

M6Ck7o7wVi23P5rF8CfHwWNr_KJi5L6LOxhwfIMnxcxBay4PJREmi7wFhhUuxjMAGcaCDVL1WGNsRR-NXFr7Vtd6SBA-BAMj-E4ujg4HDNdaqLq2W72LnCNg5fodb6N8Tg

Age at time of disappearance: 31

Sex: Male

Race: White

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 170 lbs

Missing From: Goochland, Virginia

Missing Since: August 19, 1997

Details: Waverly was last seen wearing a white tee shirt, blue shorts, green hat, and tennis shoes.

He was dropped off at his house by a friend after leaving a party and hasn't been seen since. Both his cigarettes and wallet were found on a table by his front door and no signs of foul play were found in his residence. August 1997

Waverly Grayson Sharpe Jr. – The Charley Project

Last updated July 29, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Sharpe attended a social event with coworkers on August 19, 1997. Afterwards, one of them dropped him off at his trailer in Goochland, Virginia, and was last seen walking towards it. He has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, everything seemed to be in place at the trailer, and his wallet and cigarettes were found sitting on the steps. Few details are available in his case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back