1162 users online (228 members and 934 guests)  

Websleuths News

Today is National Doughnut Day! Free Doughnuts!

Get a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme, Dunkin' Donuts and many others.

Oh, and if you’re wondering why we celebrate National Donut Day to begin with, you can thank the Salvation Army. They’re the ones who came up with Donut Day back in 1938 to raise funds and celebrate "donut lassies" - the female Salvation Army volunteers who provided home cooked meals, supplies and - what else - donuts to soldiers fighting on the front lines. http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/06/07/...y-2/?hpt=hp_c4

Dunkin' Donuts: One free doughnut with the purchase of any beverage. [Official Site]

· Krispy Kreme: Free doughnut at participating U.S. and Canada locations (CT not included, sorry). [Official Site]

· Tim Horton's: Free doughnut with purchase when you show the coupon. [Facebook via ABC News]

· Shipley's Do-Nuts: Free glazed doughnut at participating locations from 5 a.m. to noon. [Official Site]

· Tastykake: First 5,000 people to like their Facebook page get a coupon for free doughnuts. [Facebook via Time]

· LaMar's Donuts: Free doughnuts at participating locations. [Facebook]

http://eater.com/archives/2013/06/07...ghnut-feed.php
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

TIME.com ‏@TIME 33m
    Happy National Donut Day! To honor this happy day, we look back at great donut innovations since 1958 | http://ti.me/13h9GWK
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

Mental Floss ‏@mental_floss 4h
    Happy National Donut Day! This originally honored Salvation Army volunteers who served donuts to soldiers in WWI. pic.twitter.com/MELHd6Ltlg

Well.....?

I wanna know if anybody got free donuts...I didn't go anywhere to get them so will have to get some for Sunday....that's our donut day....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Mental Floss ‏@mental_floss 4h
    Happy National Donut Day! This originally honored Salvation Army volunteers who served donuts to soldiers in WWI. pic.twitter.com/MELHd6Ltlg
    And they probably tasted better then. For me, it's Binder's bakery in New Orleans. Their glazed doughnuts were awesome...in the 60s

I celebrate donuts everyday. That's just being a good American.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion but not to his own facts. --Daniel Patrick Moynihan