GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #2

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue the discussion here ..........

:seeya:

Brett Seacat on trial for murdering his wife Vashti thread #1
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210079&page=32

Defense rests in Brett Seacat case; closing arguments set for Monday

KINGMAN — Attorneys for Brett Seacat rested their case Friday afternoon after nearly a full day of testimony by the former law enforcement officer who is accused of killing his wife and torching their Kingman home.

In a quick-paced and pointed cross-examination, Assistant Kansas Attorney General Amy Hanley picked apart Seacat’s testimony, focusing extensively on his actions on April 29, 2011, the day before Vashti Seacat’s death and the fire.

Brett Seacat, a former Sedgwick County sheriff’s deputy and police instructor, rarely faltered on the stand.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/06/07/2836500/brett-seacat-continues-testimony.html#storylink=cpy

If BS picked up his wife while she was so bloody, with the cell phone in his hand, he would have blood on him. The boys would have blood on them. Nada.

He destroyed hard drives, cell phones, wrote fake notes, etc...

One thing on it's own would be considered suspect, but the totality of all the evidence, his actions, his words, won't get lost on the jury. The prosecutor hit him with all she could. It's not like he was going to come out and tell the truth. She has enough evidence from the entire case to get her guilty verdict and put this monster sway. I hope she has a fantastic closing.

Thanks Fran!

This case has drawn more interest than I thought it would. Also that article is very interesting.

I believe it would have drawn more interest had it not been for the Arias trial at the same time and then the media coverage was very poor, or, hardly any I should say.

I do have to admit I was very disappointed the other day that the pros didn't have more emotion. I guess I'm just spoiled by Juan Martinez in the Arias trial. You could literally feel the fire in his words when he cross examined. But, I did attend a trial, the Runnion case here in California and was struck by how calm the attorneys were during their time in front of the jury. But they get their point across just the same. (the Runnion verdict was guilty with DP). Course there's always the crime scene photos that speak for themselves!
...................... or the FACTS! JUST the facts!

IMHO, circumstantial evidence is POWERFUL when it's overwhelming, which in this case, I feel it is!

JMHO
fran

I believe it would have drawn more interest had it not been for the Arias trial at the same time and then the media coverage was very poor, or, hardly any I should say.

I do have to admit I was very disappointed the other day that the pros didn't have more emotion. I guess I'm just spoiled by Juan Martinez in the Arias trial. You could literally feel the fire in his words when he cross examined. But, I did attend a trial, the Runnion case here in California and was struck by how calm the attorneys were during their time in front of the jury. But they get their point across just the same. (the Runnion verdict was guilty with DP). Course there's always the crime scene photos that speak for themselves!
...................... or the FACTS! JUST the facts!

IMHO, circumstantial evidence is POWERFUL when it's overwhelming, which in this case, I feel it is!

JMHO
fran

I watched, by accident, the Nancy Grace Mysteries show Friday night and she covered this case. The show ended without and ending so to speak and I couldn't understand why there was no verdict rendered before it went off. So I began googling and saw that it is a current trial, which really interested me. I sat down last night and read all of the pages on the thread here on WS to get myself up to date. I think the prosecutor's strategy of not keeping him on the stand for a thorough cross was iffy--he hung himself by testifying and getting caught up in his own lies--but I wish she had grilled him for several hours on all of those lying points to making a bang of those lies for the jury. I hope to watch closing arguments today, if not, then I'll be on here trying to follow along. He's guilty.

how long til they start? i haven't stopped all day so not had time to check in

50 minutes till jury instructions (11:00 a.m. CDT).

I've been watching it on Wild About Trial but the live stream box isn't on the page now, just the two tweet columns. Hope they restore the lvie feed before the judge begins proceedings.

In Twitter someone said judge is telling jury they will get case around 5:00.... and the live stream page for the local news station says:

"If you see color bars or black - court is either in recess or the judge has asked us to turn off recording for whatever reason."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back