NC - Boy, 11, dead, mom critical, found in same hotel room where couple died in April

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Boy, 11, found dead and mother critical in same hotel room two people died in April from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning . (Daily Mail)
A boy, 11, is dead and his mother in a critical condition after a suspected carbon monoxide leak in their North Carolina hotel room yesterday afternoon.

Jeffrey Lee Williams and mother Jeannie Williams, on vacation from Rock Hill, were found in a room on the second floor of the Best Western on King St, Boone, about 12.30pm.
---
Boone Police Department Sergeant Shane Robbins confirmed that Jefferey and his mom were staying in the same room where an elderly couple were found dead less than two months ago.

'It was actually the same room,' he told WCNC.com.
more at the links
---
"But other than that, at this time, we don't have any more links or correlation," Sgt. Robbins said.

That case is still under investigation, Robbins said. Investigators are still awaiting results of toxicology tests, and can't speculate about whether the two cases are connected.

Robbins said there did not appear to be any violence involved in the young boy's death or the mother's illness.
---
11 year old found dead in Boone hotel identified . (wcnc.com)

THIS is beyond strange and coincidental!

It sounds like there is a carbon monoxide leak in the building and that the hotel did not check and repair the problem after the deaths two months ago. They should be sued for what happened to all of the victims. Clearly they don't care about the well being of their customers.

Yes, due diligence did not evidently get done between April and June.

There is no toxicology screen needed to determine carbon dioxide poisoning. A simple blood draw will show it. In addition, the medical examiner can often determine it just by looking at the patient. The skin is usually reddened.

THIS is beyond strange and coincidental!

Doesn't sound like a coincidence at all. There probably is something that is leaking carbon monoxide in that room. From what I read, the cause of elderly couple's death was not determined, so the issue was probably never repaired.

Doesn't sound like a coincidence at all. There probably is something that is leaking carbon monoxide in that room. From what I read, the cause of elderly couple's death was not determined, so the issue was probably never repaired.

From my understanding in a lot of cities/towns etc if a person is over age 40ish it is not always routine for an autopsy so more than likely these older folks death was not investigated properly and hence the problem not fixed, if indeed it was carbon monoxide leak.
There was a similar story overseas a few yrs ago of a hotel room Maybe in China I'm not sure but someone had died in it and then others got sick. A foul odor and then like a choking thing, the boyfriend had left the room and the girl was deathly ill and choking, like her breathing was clogging up. Dont recall the outcome but believe it was due to some chemical in the building itself.

Sorry, I meant this is beyond strange and beyond coincidental.

Elderly couple died, but cause of death was not determined. So I presume no repairs were done to fix whatever it is was releasing carbon monoxide-since the cause of death of the elderly couple was presumed natural. And now the child is dead too.

"Officials say they discovered carbon monoxide in a North Carolina hotel room where an 11-year-old boy died Saturday, nearly two months after an elderly couple was found dead in the same room, CBS affiliate WBTV reports."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...oom-where-3-died-over-2-months-officials-say/

I'm a motel manager. One person dying in a room is bad enough but can happen. But to have a couple, of any age, die together and not persue until a cause of death is determined is unimaginable to me.
WagaraTapaTalk

I'm fuming right now.

This hotel chain is going to suffer for this, as they should.

Does anyone know if it's corporate-run or a franchise?

ummm, just discovered through reading some reviews that at least some of the rooms have fireplaces and in one review the customer complained about their fireplace not working ... could this have been a gas leak related to a faulty fireplace?

reviews here:

http://bestwestern.tripadvisor.com/...US_Blue_Ridge_Plaza-Boone_North_Carolina.html

This hotel had an equipment room underneath the room where three people died. With natural gas heater for indoor pool. They were ordered to fix ventilation. So I guess this natural gas heater is the culprit.

I read about this yesterday (not the part where the hotel had been ordered to fix ventilation). So sad and even more so because those deaths were totally preventable.

I'm fuming right now.

This hotel chain is going to suffer for this, as they should.

Does anyone know if it's corporate-run or a franchise?

I believe so, it was a Best Western

I'm a motel manager. One person dying in a room is bad enough but can happen. But to have a couple, of any age, die together and not persue until a cause of death is determined is unimaginable to me.
WagaraTapaTalk

Seems to me like a massive fail on many levels. Law enforcement; coroner; some kind of oversight organization for hotels; hotel chain management; local hotel management... And the family of the deceased - I would have definitely pushed for answers. How on earth can they say two people died of natural causes at the same time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back