AZ AZ - Tim Waugaman, 26, Sedona wilderness, 28 May 2013

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hunt for Maryland man in Sedona wilderness

Relatives and local volunteers are searching the wilderness near Sedona for a Maryland man who disappeared after he apparently drove cross-country on a spiritual quest.

Family members believe Tim Waugaman, 26, of Germantown, Maryland, went into the wilderness to meditate but was not prepared with enough food, water or other survival supplies. They have hired a private search-and-rescue team and were joined by about 40 volunteers who came up from the Phoenix-metropolitan area Saturday.

More: http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130609arizona-sedona-missing-maryland-man.html

L169_CIFReaa8356ade9b0e2c2c0ca6e226404805.jpg

*Thank you to WS member The Count for bringing this case to our attention.

Surely would be cooler in the thick woods but in town of Sedona it has been about 10-15 degrees above averages the last week. Highs in the 90's and lows in the mid 60s. Avg temps in Sedona this time of year is 85/51.

Map for the Church address, street level gives you a good indication of the area: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sedo...F-8&ei=Jha1Ub-9KeeQigLfwoCYBA&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

Beautiful area of the country but very thick wilderness.

According to the article, he is 6'7" tall. i am thinking that if anyone has seen him or sees him, they may remember him just for being tall rather than remembering his face. I hope his family finds him, he sounds like such a good guy!

Surely would be cooler in the thick woods but in town of Sedona it has been about 10-15 degrees above averages the last week. Highs in the 90's and lows in the mid 60s. Avg temps in Sedona this time of year is 85/51.

Map for the Church address, street level gives you a good indication of the area: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sedo...F-8&ei=Jha1Ub-9KeeQigLfwoCYBA&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

Beautiful area of the country but very thick wilderness.

News reports say he left his car in the Parking lot of the Methodist Church:

The Sedona Police Department found Waugaman’s car in the parking lot of the Sedona United Methodist Church on June 1, where church officials said it had been parked for about a week.

He had left these supplies in the car:
Relatives grew more concerned after seeing he had left behind several needed supplies, included his sleeping bag, and when his pay-as-you-go cellphone ran out of minutes.

Timeline:
... Left for trip sometime over Memorial Day weekend from Germantown, Maryland to Sedonna
... Missing Persons report filed by family May 28th
... His Car found in the parking lot of the Sedona United Methodist Church on June 1, where church officials said it had been parked for about a week.

His foot prints would be easier to recognize than most:
He wears a size 15 shoe.

The church parking lot where his car was found is located inside what’s called a “vortex,” a triangle created by three spiritual locations – in this case, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock and Chapel of the Holy Cross.

“To be able to meditate in that environment would be very attractive to him,” Sullivnan-Rakoff said

Attachments

• view from chapel to bells rock.jpg
    view from chapel to bells rock.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 12
Article has been updated with video of Tim's mother and stepfather in Sedona. It provides some more insight into the case. Also mentioned the need for more volunteers familiar with the area and the terrain, if anyone local to the area can help..... The video also mentions a Facebook page set up for Tim:

https://www.facebook.com/findtiminsedona?fref=ts
http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130609arizona-sedona-missing-maryland-man.html

Its good to know they have dogs on the search as well.

Lovely, caring, helpful people in Sedona - I hope they find Tim very soon.

So they verified it was actually him taking the money out of the ATM?

So they verified it was actually him taking the money out of the ATM?

From the article in AZCentral...

Detectives believe Tim Waugaman, 26, tapped into his bank account in California on Friday, said Chief Raymond Cota of the Sedona Police Department. Police acquired a photo of Waugaman using an ATM on that day.

Definitely unexpected twist. Glad he is alive! How did he get to Santa Monica when his car was found in Sedona. Who did he meet up with? Why would he not call his parents?

AZCentral
Detectives believe Tim Waugaman, 26, tapped into his bank account in California on Friday, said Chief Raymond Cota of the Sedona Police Department. He was seen on the ATM's camera, officials said.

Waugaman's whereabouts are still unknown.

But he still hasn't contacted his parents...
I hope everything is OK with Tim.
Wonder if they will release the ATM photo.
Was his car working when they found it - maybe he left it there because it had broken down?

The Count said:
Definitely unexpected twist.
Agreed.

Not one MSM story about Tim's disappearance since the information about him being seen on ATM video in Santa Monica surfaced. Nothing in Santa Monica local news alerting the residents about Tim possibly being in the area....The guy is 6'7, surely there is a good chance just getting his picture out there, that someone would recognize him in the Santa Monica area. Strange that a deeply religious guy wouldn't tell his folks he was okay.

I havent been able to find any further updates on the whereabouts of Tim.

I hope that he is OK, and not in any danger.

Does anyone know if Tim Waugaman was finally tracked down after being seen in California (after the bank transaction footage) and found to be safe?

https://www.facebook.com/findtiminsedona

From this website where his mom posts, she was told he is now in India on his spiritual quest and is well but has not heard from him as of 6/25/13.

Thankyou for the page link.
I hope Tim finds what he is looking for in India - and I hope someone sends the family a recent picture of Tim in India, just to make sure he is OK.
I hope he can contact his family soon.

Thanks again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak