Sunday, 6/9/2013 Radio Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylansMom34

Former Member
Reaction score
Mark will be on Tricia's show again tonight. I am hoping we will learn more about mediation, upcoming searches, and maybe additional questions that may have come out of last week's interview.

Mark will be on Tricia's show again tonight. I am hoping we will learn more about mediation, upcoming searches, and maybe additional questions that may have come out of last week's interview.

thanks for the heads up !!

On a positive note Mark said to the effect he was going to start over from scratch. I think that is a positive idea. I will have to listen again, but it sounds as if LE may have asked for a 2nd poly. I had some house distractions, could someone clarify?

I think Tricia hit the nail right on the head again, anyone that listened to tonight's blogtalkradio probably did not get knocked off the fence. At least I know I didn't. But if MR is going to come back to the show again, and perhaps even be willing to continue to visit the show, I feel like it would be a good idea to use those conversations to fill in some of the holes in the information. Because I know that I see holes, so I figure others might as well.

Would it make sense to put together a thread of just questions for Tricia, that she could explore during the next broadcast?

For instance, I would like to know the actual words exchanged with Dylan Monday morning. I know he's said a couple of things here but I don't feel I actually know what Dylan thought the plan was. It is something I would like Tricia to explore with MR.

Also, I think it would be great if MR would open up and provide his text history, with ER, CR and definitely Dylan, so we can see what was said in full context instead of just getting one side or the other.

Just some suggestions.

I made a note from near the beginning that Mark felt Dylan was more distant than normal. I felt bad for him. I remember Elaine saying in an interview somewhere paraphrasing that she feels Mark still sees him as a child, that he hasn't kept up with Dylan's progression so to speak as a teen & therefore he didn't know him very well. I believe the was from MB's interview perhaps. I can understand her thinking that tonight when Mark was describing where Dylan went in Walmart & one of the places was the toy section. Also something later on in the interview made me picture Mark seeing him as an 8 maybe 10 year old. Just an observation.

Once again Tricia did an awesome job!

Questions/thoughts about the radio show:
1) Was MR describing the plot of Adventureland or the other movie that is listed on the search warrant?
2) Cars and little army men? That does not sound like Dylan at 13. Sounds much younger.
3) Things that LE should be able to verify as true or false statements: Stopped by friends house once, not home, stopped again and friend home. DR had gone fishing with same friend last 3 times he visited. ER's divorce attorney contacted MR's attorney night DR disappeared. MR talks to LE frequently when they are in the area, contacts them once a week as well.
4.) MR mentioned that ER set up private meeting with Judge and DR. Also that DR had not spoken to him since. It makes me wonder if this was the issue. If MR wanted DR to tell what he said to the judge.
5.) I agree that WS members and others listening may not have been swayed from their established positions. I also think MR still avoided the same questions.

Target time for leaving was 6:30, did subtle things to wake Dylan for 35-45 min. to an hour. His whole thing on leaving was to get back to fulfill Dylan's needs. Very strange, definitely, need to go over the wording here IMO!

Really admired Tricia's interview. She is very talented. I liked the questions about the Nerf football, as I've gotten the feeling from prior interviews Mark is talking about a Dylan from long ago. Not a 13 year old.

Really admired Tricia's interview. She is very talented. I liked the questions about the Nerf football, as I've gotten the feeling from prior interviews Mark is talking about a Dylan from long ago. Not a 13 year old.

I don't know how long Tricia has been doing interviews. Not sure if I feel admiration or just plain awe. She asks tough questions but doesn't badger or push the interviewee. Seems to know just where the line is drawn between discomfort and defensiveness. But tonight I was equally in awe of her being able to handle the chat room and talk at the same time. Unruly bunch that. :)

Trying to figure out this "after errand" timeline. (this is from my recollection of the comments on tonight's show so not verbatim)

Mark got back to the house, saw the TV on, cereal bowl on the counter, etc., but wasn't concerned that Dylan wasn't there because the fishing pole was gone. So Mark took a nap (this time he says the nap was 30-40 minutes. (which if he got home at 11:30 and say he didn't lay down for awhile would mean the nap ended sometime early in the afternoon... maybe 1:00/1:30/etc.

He then starts looking for Dylan. He goes to T's house but there is no answer. He drives around the Lake and then to Bayfield. Talks to Dylan's friends and after that goes to the Marshal's office (he says around 4:30/5:00).

So he drove around the lake and Bayfield for 3-4 hours?

I could have sworn that in an earlier interview (I think the one with Melissa Blasius/9news) he says he napped for 2-3 hours.

Trying to figure out this "after errand" timeline. (this is from my recollection of the comments on tonight's show so not verbatim)

Mark got back to the house, saw the TV on, cereal bowl on the counter, etc., but wasn't concerned that Dylan wasn't there because the fishing pole was gone. So Mark took a nap (this time he says the nap was 30-40 minutes. (which if he got home at 11:30 and say he didn't lay down for awhile would mean the nap ended sometime early in the afternoon... maybe 1:00/1:30/etc.

He then starts looking for Dylan. He goes to T's house but there is no answer. He drives around the Lake and then to Bayfield. Talks to Dylan's friends and after that goes to the Marshal's office (he says around 4:30/5:00).

So he drove around the lake and Bayfield for 3-4 hours?

I could have sworn that in an earlier interview (I think the one with Melissa Blasius/9news) he says he napped for 2-3 hours.

Yes, we will have to dig the info. up. There are at least one or two times for this that IIRC regarding his nap & when he left to go look that could be put together for a timeline, change the timeline or add to the timeline. :facepalm:

IMO, MOO....MR is still obfuscating and dancing around almost every question, except that he wants to pat himself on the back, but he is very open. He doesn't think it's necessary to have two of everything out there, but he supports a different website and different efforts...HUH?

Kudos to Tricia for hanging tough particularly in the instance of getting MR to admit he won't take a another lie detector test, and that ER was right about Mark saying that he thought where he had been assigned search was "not a good idea."

I really would like to know why Dylan wanted to talk with the judge privately in August/September.

MR seems quite intent on NOT accepting Tricia's offer of help. AND, he really wants to let us know that HE is the one looking for Dylan, unlike ????

Tricia asks, "Do you put out posters?" Mark's response: "Welllll...you know, I am in a geographical oddity...away from mainstream...very little information....that addresses that"...ME: WHAT???? Mark: "I would be the first in line to put up posters, but someone else is putting them out...BUT I would really want to do that...I'm "getting" flyers printed up"...

I can't wait for the next installment...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm not concerned about the nap. My husband and i are consultants who travel constantly. We also grab naps when we can. I think this is true for most roadwarriors.

When your child is not home and is SUPPOSED TO BE HOME WAITING FOR YOU?

I just don't understand that. Dylan did not live there. He was very rarely there. He had only been there one night and they HAD MADE PLANS. If my kid makes a plan for me to pick them up at a certain time, and they are not there, and leave no message, no note, then I am not taking a nap until i find out where they are. Especially a 12 yr old. That is still a child. JMO

IMO, MOO....MR is still obfuscating and dancing around almost every question, except that he wants to pat himself on the back, but he is very open. He doesn't think it's necessary to have two of everything out there, but he supports a different website and different efforts...HUH?

Kudos to Tricia for hanging tough particularly in the instance of getting MR to admit he won't take a another lie detector test, and that ER was right about Mark saying that he thought where he had been assigned search was "not a good idea."

I really would like to know why Dylan wanted to talk with the judge privately in August/September.

MR seems quite intent on NOT accepting Tricia's offer of help. AND, he really wants to let us know that HE is the one looking for Dylan, unlike ????

Tricia asks, "Do you put out posters?" Mark's response: "Welllll...you know, I am in a geographical oddity...away from mainstream...very little information....that addresses that"...ME: WHAT???? Mark: "I would be the first in line to put up posters, but someone else is putting them out...BUT I would really want to do that...I'm "getting" flyers printed up"...

I can't wait for the next installment...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

THANK YOU. Well Said. He is so transparent. I had an uncle very much like him. Similar sounding smooth, mellow voice, very soothing tone, and he lulls you into believing he is actually saying something. But really it is disjointed phrases and ' having said that' and 'YA KNOW, to be honest,' and " this ,that or the other, " and similar mini sentences surrounding vaguely shaped 'answers'.

I wish Elaine had called in and clarified the lawyer comment. " Who the heck calls their divorce lawyer when their son is missing?" Just guessing here and admitting up front that I could be 100% off base. If Elaine thought that Mark was up to his old games of hiding Dylan, her lawyer would be number two on her list after the police IMO. Her divorce lawyer probably called MR's lawyer to say they were going to take action if Dylan was not returned immediately. Custodial interference. Sure would like to know if MR's divorce lawyer called him and set up that Monday a.m. meeting. That would make so much sense, IMO.

I wish Elaine had called in and clarified the lawyer comment. " Who the heck calls their divorce lawyer when their son is missing?" Just guessing here and admitting up front that I could be 100% off base. If Elaine thought that Mark was up to his old games of hiding Dylan, her lawyer would be number two on her list after the police IMO. Her divorce lawyer probably called MR's lawyer to say they were going to take action if Dylan was not returned immediately. Custodial interference. Sure would like to know if MR's divorce lawyer called him and set up that Monday a.m. meeting. That would make so much sense, IMO.

She did call LE & her lawyer about custodial interference as she has been down this road before. She obviously was very alarmed & enough to not just call police, but jump in a vehicle & make the 5-6 hr. trip. If you ck MB's interview with MR he mentions the meeting on Monday had to do with the divorce IIRC. In Tricia's last interview, didn't he say something he was in the kitchen mailing something to ER?

In the general 'pattern' of the way Mark speaks, imo, he has two consistent themes. One, he tends to say something, and then instantly deny that he said it. He will bash LE or ER, and in the very next paragraph say " I am not one to criticize Law Enforcement..." or " I have no intent to bash anyone's Mother..." BUT YOU JUST DID THAT 2 SECONDS AGO...

The other thing he tends to do, imo, is BRAG about being the first one to do something, or the first in line, or the only one to do something for the right reasons...He was the first in line at the big search, he was the only one to commemorate the 6 month anniversary, he was the first to talk to Dr Phil's people, First one to contact Wendy and her dog team, although then he says, 'not that it matters, 'but I just happened to reach out to her first...
OH, AND he was there first, Wendy was late, he had to throw that dig in, as usual....

BBM - Dylan wasn't thought of as missing yet when MR went to his lawyer's on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth