1359 users online (257 members and 1102 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Bizarre ...scary and very worrisome

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
    Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 9m
    One of the dogs searching in a Skamania County forest for missing woman who went on a spiritual quest. pic.twitter.com/rbeGyrAYl0

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 1h
    Volunteer searcher says Maureen Kelly crossed this creek and made it up to a road. Her track stops at the pavement. pic.twitter.com/IfZiHWLbHk

Laura Rillos ‏@LauraRillos 1h
    This is the campsite in Skamania County that a 19 year woman left to go on a spiritual quest. pic.twitter.com/XR3Vffa5K2
    BBM. this scares me. where does that road lead to and from??
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style."
    ~ Maya Angelou

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...yndication=rss

Kaupu said her missing half-sister, Maureen Kelly, phoned her shortly before heading into the national forest.

“She called me before she left to go camping with friends and asked if she could borrow some camping gear,” Kaupu said. ”She was excited about going … she told me she loved me. That’s normal for her. She’s an affectionate person.”

Kaupu said Kelly made no mention of plans to go alone on a hike without clothes, in what acquaintances described to authorities as a “spiritual quest.”

Thank you Cheese for all you do

I have seen you on many many missing people threads

You are an angel

I do believe the dogs lost her scent at the road

she got in a car-I hate to say that,but we need to look at that angle

Anyone could have pick her up

What a scary thought

I have done nothing but think of her!!!

I really hope she is found safe,,,,

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Searc...211140491.html

Skamania County Sheriff Dave Brown said Tuesday evening that two days of searching have failed to find 19-year-old Maureen Kelly. He says the search is being suspended until the end of the week.
    WHAT?!
    “I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them.” -George H.W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHands View Post
    I wonder who reported her missing? Was she with a group of people? How long was she supposed to have been gone?
    It's weird, articles say acquaintances not friends. I wonder if her family doesn't know any of these people.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localne...dhikerxml.html

Clark County court records indicate Kelly was in district court last Friday after failing a drug test required as part of pleading guilty last year to being a minor in possession of alcohol.

At the hearing, a judge reordered Kelly to comply with all conditions, which included a fine of more than $500, according to court records.

Two days later, Kelly apparently went on her “quest.”

What are the chances she actually never made it all the way into the woods? What if someone planned her kidnapping? I feel terrible for Maureen and her family. Imo

Edited to correct stupid auto spell.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    BBM. this scares me. where does that road lead to and from??
    The road is NF-54, it's paved but doesn't look like a major road within the forest. I can't find any marked trails near that campground, but there could be an unmarked trail. NF-54 doesn't look very far from the campground but it's very steep which would take time to climb it, especially without any clothes or shoes. She could have got to the top and found it was even more difficult to go down the canyon. Maybe started walking the road and then it got dark. But the dogs lost her scent at the road and in one report they thought she might have just crossed the road to the other side and continued hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    What are the chances she actually never made it all the way into the woods? What if someone planned her kidnapping? I feel terrible for Maureen and her family. Imo.
    You mean someone at the campgrounds?

Until I have more concrete info about who saw her walk naked into the woods, I'm not convinced she walked naked into the woods. Too crafty a cover story for if she's found deceased and naked in the woods, imo.

In trying to think of things that could have happened to MK, certainly one of them is that she didn't actually go off by herself naked. It just sounds so odd. To be hiking barefoot would be insane. But rescue did find a bare foot print in the mud and did track her up to the road. So at least they do know that she did leave camp.

The difficult part is they found her scent up to the road but couldn't find where she re-entered the woods on the other side. The part I am not understanding is did they not find any scent at all on the road? I would think they could have tracked her walking along the road. If not then it would be a clear possibility that she got into a vehicle (willingly or unwillingly).

Also I would think that if she had no shoes on then once she got to the road she would have wanted to walk the road since it would be easier on her feet. Maybe she had a wound and flagged down a motorist? I can't imagine that there is all that many cars on that road, but there certainly could have been some.

Did they check hospitals for her?

Otherwise if she is still in the woods then I would think hypothermia would have taken over by now...no clothes, no supplies...I can't imagine her surviving the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeSommers View Post
    Until I have more concrete info about who saw her walk naked into the woods, I'm not convinced she walked naked into the woods. Too crafty a cover story for if she's found deceased and naked in the woods, imo.
    Agreed, deceased, naked with a stab wound?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

If the scent trail is correct, she either got into a car or was put into one, making it less likely she will be found murdered in the woods, IMO, at least in that area.
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-susp...4#.Ubi3S3bn-M8

"We are continuing to look for her, but as far as an organized search, we have suspended that," Cox told ABCNews.com today.

"We will take a look this weekend and see where we're at and see if she has come back from her spiritual quest," he said.

Cox said authorities do not suspect foul play in Kelly's disappearance.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast