1439 users online (269 members and 1170 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool A simple vinegar test can diagnose cervical cancer.

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/18429...r-deaths-study

Vinegar test lowers cervical cancer deaths: Study
    Monday, Jun 3, 2013, 10:30 IST | Place: Washington, DC | Agency: ANI

The study results were reported at a cancer conference in Chicago on Sunday.

A simple vinegar test slashed cervical cancer death rates by 31% in a remarkable study of 150,000 women in the slums of India, where the disease is the leading cancer killer of women....

That is very cool!

So, do the doctors do it?

I don't know how I feel about putting vinegar up there, it does not sound pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaliLucia View Post

I don't know how I feel about putting vinegar up there, it does not sound pleasant.
    No, here doctors do pap tests.
    Just my opinion

Yes, it's cheaper than a pap smear. So it's great for low income women. The study was done in India.

I'm a dude and can't say whether it is pleasant. But I have heard that vinegar is a better and healthier douche than more expensive products.

ETA the link below suggests a mixture of vinegar and water. Other sites say soap and water are enough and most question whether douching is necessary at all when the vagina is healthy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-cho...#didyouknowout

(I think I now know more about douching than any other gay man in the country!)
    Last edited by Nova; 06-11-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    http://www.dnaindia.com/health/18429...r-deaths-study

Vinegar test lowers cervical cancer deaths: Study
    Monday, Jun 3, 2013, 10:30 IST | Place: Washington, DC | Agency: ANI

The study results were reported at a cancer conference in Chicago on Sunday.

A simple vinegar test slashed cervical cancer death rates by 31% in a remarkable study of 150,000 women in the slums of India, where the disease is the leading cancer killer of women....

That is very cool!
    Vinegar is the same thing as acetic acid. it is used at this time as a standard in the United States to visualize where to do biopsies for a colposcopy as it turns to suspicious areas white. but of course your gynecologist will never tell you it's just vinegar.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I'm a dude and can't say whether it is pleasant. But I have heard that vinegar is a better and healthier douche than more expensive products.

ETA the link below suggests a mixture of vinegar and water. Other sites say soap and water are enough and most question whether douching is necessary at all when the vagina is healthy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-cho...#didyouknowout

(I think I now know more about douching than any other gay man in the country!)

Yeah, women don't need to douche, the vagina cleans itself. That's why there's discharge. Anyways, sorry for getting gross.

Lol NO SOAP in douches....umm the va ja ja won't react kindly!

They can't afford pap smears but can get treatment if the vinegar reacts? I'm asking that like women here with no health insurance could easily actually get any prompt treatment either.

Yeah, women don't need to douche, the vagina cleans itself. That's why there's discharge. Anyways, sorry for getting gross.
    Not at all. We're all grown-ups here.

Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    Lol NO SOAP in douches....umm the va ja ja won't react kindly!
    I'm guessing, but none of the mucus membranes take kindly to bar soap.

They probably meant something like Johnson's baby shampoo. I had to snort it (mixed with water and baking soda) for a sinus infection. Aside from the tenderness of my sinuses at the time, it was painless.

Michael Douglas uses vinegar and oil.

Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    Vinegar is the same thing as acetic acid. it is used at this time as a standard in the United States to visualize where to do biopsies for a colposcopy as it turns to suspicious areas white. but of course your gynecologist will never tell you it's just vinegar.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    Just coming to post this. After 7 years of biopsies every 6 months (every 3 for the first year), I can tell you the vinegar reaction works, and doesn't burn. Here we are... 2.5 years of not hearing "White epithelial cells at six o'clock".

Swabbing my cervix with vinegar, using a light to look up my va jay, and sticking a torture device up there to retrieve those white epithelials is more expensive than sticking a pipe cleaner like thing up there to retrieve a general sample...

Anyway, cancer free since November 2004 and uterus free since November 2010! Thankfully, I had a wonderful doctor that was willing to preserve my fertility so I could have my sons! Love my boys!
    “The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment.” ~Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpRising View Post
    Just coming to post this. After 7 years of biopsies every 6 months (every 3 for the first year), I can tell you the vinegar reaction works, and doesn't burn. Here we are... 2.5 years of not hearing "White epithelial cells at six o'clock".

Swabbing my cervix with vinegar, using a light to look up my va jay, and sticking a torture device up there to retrieve those white epithelials is more expensive than sticking a pipe cleaner like thing up there to retrieve a general sample...

Anyway, cancer free since November 2004 and uterus free since November 2010! Thankfully, I had a wonderful doctor that was willing to preserve my fertility so I could have my sons! Love my boys!

BBM

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpRising View Post

Wait, you had cervical cancer so they took out your uterus, but not your cervix? That's interesting..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast