A simple vinegar test can diagnose cervical cancer.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.dnaindia.com/health/1842977/report-vinegar-test-lowers-cervical-cancer-deaths-study

Vinegar test lowers cervical cancer deaths: Study
Monday, Jun 3, 2013, 10:30 IST | Place: Washington, DC | Agency: ANI

The study results were reported at a cancer conference in Chicago on Sunday.

A simple vinegar test slashed cervical cancer death rates by 31% in a remarkable study of 150,000 women in the slums of India, where the disease is the leading cancer killer of women....

That is very cool! :thumb:

So, do the doctors do it?

I don't know how I feel about putting vinegar up there, it does not sound pleasant.

I don't know how I feel about putting vinegar up there, it does not sound pleasant.

Yes, it's cheaper than a pap smear. So it's great for low income women. The study was done in India.

I'm a dude and can't say whether it is pleasant. But I have heard that vinegar is a better and healthier douche than more expensive products.

ETA the link below suggests a mixture of vinegar and water. Other sites say soap and water are enough and most question whether douching is necessary at all when the vagina is healthy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-choose-the-best-douche-kit.htm#didyouknowout

(I think I now know more about douching than any other gay man in the country!)

http://www.dnaindia.com/health/1842977/report-vinegar-test-lowers-cervical-cancer-deaths-study

Vinegar test lowers cervical cancer deaths: Study
Monday, Jun 3, 2013, 10:30 IST | Place: Washington, DC | Agency: ANI

The study results were reported at a cancer conference in Chicago on Sunday.

A simple vinegar test slashed cervical cancer death rates by 31% in a remarkable study of 150,000 women in the slums of India, where the disease is the leading cancer killer of women....

That is very cool! :thumb:

Vinegar is the same thing as acetic acid. it is used at this time as a standard in the United States to visualize where to do biopsies for a colposcopy as it turns to suspicious areas white. but of course your gynecologist will never tell you it's just vinegar. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm a dude and can't say whether it is pleasant. But I have heard that vinegar is a better and healthier douche than more expensive products.

ETA the link below suggests a mixture of vinegar and water. Other sites say soap and water are enough and most question whether douching is necessary at all when the vagina is healthy.

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-i-choose-the-best-douche-kit.htm#didyouknowout

(I think I now know more about douching than any other gay man in the country!)

Yeah, women don't need to douche, the vagina cleans itself. That's why there's discharge. Anyways, sorry for getting gross.

Lol NO SOAP in douches....umm the va ja ja won't react kindly! :)

They can't afford pap smears but can get treatment if the vinegar reacts? I'm asking that like women here with no health insurance could easily actually get any prompt treatment either.

Yeah, women don't need to douche, the vagina cleans itself. That's why there's discharge. Anyways, sorry for getting gross.

Not at all. We're all grown-ups here.

Lol NO SOAP in douches....umm the va ja ja won't react kindly! :)

I'm guessing, but none of the mucus membranes take kindly to bar soap.

They probably meant something like Johnson's baby shampoo. I had to snort it (mixed with water and baking soda) for a sinus infection. Aside from the tenderness of my sinuses at the time, it was painless.

Vinegar is the same thing as acetic acid. it is used at this time as a standard in the United States to visualize where to do biopsies for a colposcopy as it turns to suspicious areas white. but of course your gynecologist will never tell you it's just vinegar. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Just coming to post this. After 7 years of biopsies every 6 months (every 3 for the first year), I can tell you the vinegar reaction works, and doesn't burn. Here we are... 2.5 years of not hearing "White epithelial cells at six o'clock".

Swabbing my cervix with vinegar, using a light to look up my va jay, and sticking a torture device up there to retrieve those white epithelials is more expensive than sticking a pipe cleaner like thing up there to retrieve a general sample...

Anyway, cancer free since November 2004 and uterus free since November 2010! Thankfully, I had a wonderful doctor that was willing to preserve my fertility so I could have my sons! Love my boys!

Just coming to post this. After 7 years of biopsies every 6 months (every 3 for the first year), I can tell you the vinegar reaction works, and doesn't burn. Here we are... 2.5 years of not hearing "White epithelial cells at six o'clock".

Swabbing my cervix with vinegar, using a light to look up my va jay, and sticking a torture device up there to retrieve those white epithelials is more expensive than sticking a pipe cleaner like thing up there to retrieve a general sample...

Anyway, cancer free since November 2004 and uterus free since November 2010! Thankfully, I had a wonderful doctor that was willing to preserve my fertility so I could have my sons! Love my boys!

BBM

:giggle:

Wait, you had cervical cancer so they took out your uterus, but not your cervix? That's interesting..

Congratulations, Scorp! And thanks for sharing an uplifting, true-to-life story!

A few drops baby shampoo in the sinus neti pot solution ( never use tap water due to possible germs) really does help, supposedly removing biofilms.

Wait, you had cervical cancer so they took out your uterus, but not your cervix? That's interesting..

The cervix is actually part of the uterus, the neck. So... I have neither. Oh, happy day, to be uterus free at 32! I def. didn't want to be uterus free at 25... Unfortunately, some people don't get to make that choice.

The cervix is actually part of the uterus, the neck. So... I have neither. Oh, happy day, to be uterus free at 32! I def. didn't want to be uterus free at 25... Unfortunately, some people don't get to make that choice.

Oh, that makes sense.

congrats on beating cancer!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998