WA WA - Hildegard Hendrickson, 79, Chelan Co, 8 Jun 2013

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Seattle mushroom hunter missing in Chelan County

130612_hildegard_hendrickson_vertical.jpg

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Seattle-mushroom-hunter-missing-in-Chelan-County-211187971.html

http://mobile.seattletimes.com/story/today/2021171536/track-.-.-

"Hendrickson's car, with her purse and ID inside, had apparently been at the trailhead since Saturday."

"We did worry about her, because with her husband passed away, she does a lot of hikes alone," Maxwell said. "A lot of people asked her not to do that."

"She's a very strong person," Maxwell said. "If there's a chance of anyone being alive up there, after four days, it's her," Maxwell said. "She's tough as nails. "

I happen to live in Chelan County. It's not the largest county in the state of Washington, but it is bigger than many of them and definitely has its share of wilderness areas. I wonder where the tracks and imprints that appeared to be made by a cane or walking stick left off.

The missing lady sounds like a very interesting person and I'm glad she's described as tough as nails. I truly hope she has found a way to survive and will be located very soon.

I happen to live in Chelan County. It's not the largest county in the state of Washington, but it is bigger than many of them and definitely has its share of wilderness areas. I wonder where the tracks and imprints that appeared to be made by a cane or walking stick left off.

The missing lady sounds like a very interesting person and I'm glad she's described as tough as nails. I truly hope she has found a way to survive and will be located very soon.

I agree, she sounds very interesting and she definitely has a love of plants/vegetables and nature. I read another article about her growing kiwis!
I would think that if she had a medical issue, or fell, that she would have been found by now, but since she is used to hiking she might be quite a distance away from her car. The article mentioned it got down to 39 degrees at night. I wonder what she wore. Was she warm enough? I hope she is safe.

I agree, she sounds very interesting and she definitely has a love of plants/vegetables and nature. I read another article about her growing kiwis!
I would think that if she had a medical issue, or fell, that she would have been found by now, but since she is used to hiking she might be quite a distance away from her car. The article mentioned it got down to 39 degrees at night. I wonder what she wore. Was she warm enough? I hope she is safe.

That is my big concern...how was she dressed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

This lady vanished off the face of the earth in the county where I live. Before long it will be a month. I continue to think of her.

I continue to think about her, too. It's been too long that she has been missing.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021400385_hikermassxml.html?syndication=rss

"A Mass for missing mushroom expert Hildegard Hendrickson, 79, will be held next week at Seattle University as family, friends and former colleagues struggle with the lack of information about what happened to the popular former educator.

“It’s a delicate situation. This is not a funeral,” said the Rev. Peter Ely, SU’s vice president for mission and ministry. “It’s a way for us to come together and pray for her ... a way for us to support the family in prayer.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back