1332 users online (275 members and 1057 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

SC - Two Arrested After Children Test Positive For Meth

http://www.wspa.com/story/22563702/t...itive-for-meth

LAURENS COUNTY, S.C. -
    Deputies arrested Mary and David Arringtron of Gray Court after they, and four children, tested positive for Methamphetmine.

Very little else in article; all 4 children are with social services, and parents? have bond hearing soon.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

The little foster girl I take care of tested positive for meth in her hair from exposure from the mother's use. Hopefully, these children didn't have it in their system. Prayers for all four children

That's terrible. Why in the world do people get into that stuff and destroy not only their own lives but their children's lives as well? Can't they see from the examples of others that drugs aren't good for them and won't do anything but ruin their lives and get them in trouble with the law.

What prompts LE to test kids for drugs?
    “Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” -- Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEmory View Post
    What prompts LE to test kids for drugs?
    Good question. I've looked for more information but that is the only article I've seen so far. Very curious also about how LE got involved. Did someone report the parents; were the children sick from the drugs and taken to the hospital and tested there?

I'm glad they are out of the situation now at least. This could have been fatal for all 4 children.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    That's terrible. Why in the world do people get into that stuff and destroy not only their own lives but their children's lives as well? Can't they see from the examples of others that drugs aren't good for them and won't do anything but ruin their lives and get them in trouble with the law.
    It is not an intellectual problem. It is an emotional/psychological problem. If knowledge stopped alcoholism and drug abuse, no smart, intelligent people would be alcoholics or addicts. And we know that is not the case.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Good question. I've looked for more information but that is the only article I've seen so far. Very curious also about how LE got involved. Did someone report the parents; were the children sick from the drugs and taken to the hospital and tested there?

I'm glad they are out of the situation now at least. This could have been fatal for all 4 children.
    A pediatrician could have screened a urine sample during a visit, prompted by some subtle signs the pediatrician noticed on a physical exam. MD's are required reporters of abuse and neglect.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.