Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
22481101_BG7.jpg

22481101_BG3.jpg

http://www.kltv.com/story/22481101/child-missing-in-east-toledo
Sunday afternoon, her dad Terry came to the home of his estranged wife Angela in East Toledo to pick up Elaina for a routine visit.
He says the couple is now in the middle of a bitter divorce battle and Angela wants custody of the girl.
"Her mother refused to give her to me. She went in the house. Was in there 15-20 minutes, came out saying that the baby was missing," said Mr. Steinfurth.
Angela Steinfurth told Toledo News Now she believes Elaina was kidnapped.
"Her boyfriend disappeared out the back door during this time. I don't know if he took her or where she's at right now," said Mr. Steinfurth.
The boyfriend refused to talk to Toledo News Now.

Elaina's NCMEC listing
http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

NCMC1217120c1.jpg

Thread #1

Media and Map Links

You can link to Facebook as long as it has to do with Elaina missing. You can not discuss what is posted on any facebook page, it is all considered rumor here and not allowed.

We are allowing some speculation on the mother and boyfriend. No one has been named a suspect or person of interest so until this happens we will not be sleuthing the mom, dad, or boyfriend here. You may discuss what is known through main stream media, law enforcement and our verified insider. Bashing, name calling, or name variations are not allowed, this includes the Mom.

Social Networks
Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)
Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Toledo Police are currently searching 660 FEDERAL in Toledo, Ohio. Someone with ties to the family used to own it <Mod Snip>It is currently an abandoned residence.

Nancy just showed several clips of Angela, including the "anything to keep me comfortable" bit and the "in one piece" bit, then made them stop the clip and analyzed whether she's wearing makeup and earrings and stuff and said when her fiance was murdered she didn't wear makeup for like a year and a half and wondered why this mother doesn't seem more upset. Then asked a guest what he thought and he said "well she's not exactly a Kardashian", then they went to commercial.

Narrator recounting "baby girl reportedly last seen by mom around noon when she put her down for a nap"... "friends and family have handed out over 1000 flyers".... "police and the FBI are on the case tonight".... "Anything to keep me comfortable and from losing my mind" (clip again)...

Nancy "story surrounding Elaina doens't make sense to me"... asks Fred to tell her how it went down one more time... he's recounting again...
Now asking Terry Sr questions again... he says "the mother was in the house when I first got there, after we got her to come out she argued with me, said she didn't want to let me have the baby, said she was sleeping," said he convinced her to go in and get the baby, she went in, was inside 20 minutes, came back out and said baby is gone.
Nancy wants to know about custody "both girls were living with him (TJ) and she had them while he was working third shift" she told me "somebody came in the house and took her baby" this happened in what time of the day, asks Nancy? Just shortly before 3:30 he says...

now going to viewer calls. caller wants to know was the used diaper ripped and laying there or was it rolled up like somebody changed the baby (good question)!
"I can tell you the diaper was found along the riverbank but the condition and how it was found, that's part of the investigation so I can't tell you that" - Captain Weiss

He says they picked out some ideal locations of the maumee river durinig their investigations and one area seemed to pop out so they brought the divers, etc but didn't find anything.

Says "we're having a third dog come out tomorrow to do the same search" but missed what the "same search" was becauses there was commotion in the house here with me.

Nancy has said a few times now that she's tried and tried and tried to get Angela to come on the show but nobody will return her calls. Now she's asking about polys. Chief says "ONE person has taken a polygraph but I can't say what the results are. I can say BOTH parents are being cooperative, they come in any time we ask them to."

Nancy is asking if mom took a poly, Chief says he can't answer. Nancy is asking guest whether she recalls reading that mom and BF both took one, guest says yup he read that too, and Nancy says "someone isn't tellign the truth and I doubt it's the Toledo police captain."

She's asking Randy Kessler what he makes of it and he says "Strange parents do Strange things" and says he hates to accuse the mom but it's starting to "smell bad"...

Micky Sherman, guest, says everyone will assume mom is the bad guy because she was the last one to see the baby, and everything adds up in his mind not to a murder but to a custodial interference case ... Nancy is giving the tipline number and says there's a $10K reward.

*phew* hope nobody minds me trying to recap the show, I realize there is a live streaming link at the end of the last thread but I also know some people won't be able to watch, and this way the information will be here for future reference.

Toledo Police are currently searching 660 FEDERAL in Toledo, Ohio. Someone with ties to the family used to own it (DORIS AGTHORPE). It is currently an abandoned residence.

Hey thanks for that, and :welcome: !

If anyone can man the scanner thread downstairs while I man this one with the NG recap, that'd be awesome. Sounds like now is a good time for it.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community :)

Hmm, the Kardashian comment seems pretty tacky to me. I realize the mother is a suspect and that people are still very angry about Casey Anthony, but why randomly insult her based on her looks? (I don't watch NG, don't know if that's typical.)

That gave me chills one of Elaina's younger baby picture's reminded me of Lisa Irwin.

Lisa Irwin is the reason I joined WS. I live not too far from where she disappeared, all though I think something happened in her house that night.

Micky Sherman, guest, says everyone will assume mom is the bad guy because she was the last one to see the baby, and everything adds up in his mind not to a murder but to a custodial interference case ... Nancy is giving the tipline number and says there's a $10K reward.

*phew* hope nobody minds me trying to recap the show, I realize there is a live streaming link at the end of the last thread but I also know some people won't be able to watch, and this way the information will be here for future reference.

GGE you are awesome!! Thank you for typing that all out. :rockon:

Narrator "how can a one year old girl just vanish?" - showing little clips ...
"who would want to harm a one year old girl?" - more clips..

back to NG.. asking how can she go missing in the middle of the day with people in the same home... asking a guest why would someone hide the baby instead of hand it over for visitation. Guest is a clinical psychologist... says it's an ego thing, parents go crazy and don't want to share the child, she hopes the mother took the child away simply so the dad cannot have her, and says it's madness and it's ego.

Now taking a caller.

The last person who lived at 660 FEDERAL was Steven King's grandfather.

Welcome, TOLEDO - do you have a link for this information?

ps GGE you are indeed awesome!

NG always says she will stay with a case, and often doesn't. Will have to wait and see.

NG says she feels like she's missing something, is saying sheh doesn't understand what Angela is saying, asks what is Angela now saying is happening? Guest says the last thing the mom said "was mostly "I" statements and "me" statements" and he says he found the "comfortable" statement "pretty disturbing".

(ME TOO!)

Now NG is saying baby was put down at 12:30 for nap and when dad came around 2, baby mysteriously went missing, is asking Clark Goldband to recap, another guest, he's recapping one more time and now back to the phonelines...

guest says "there is one person in this home we may be forgetting about - what does the 4 year old big sister know? she may hold the missing clue in this." nancy says she doesn't know that the child has not been interviewed and is asking Captain Weiss. He says "all the children in the house was interviewed by trained forensic investigators."

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=909096#.UbkWgMPD-Cg
Cadaver dog sent to neighborhood where missing toddler was last seen
The Geauga County Sheriff's Office tells WNWO that they have sent a cadaver dog to Toledo to help police with an active investigation.
An emergency dispatcher says the dog was dispatched just before 5 pm.
According to the Toledo Blade, police and FBI were seen searching an abandoned home on Federal Street Wednesday night.

Nancy wants to know if mom has in fact denied involvement and Clark Goldband says yes, she sure has in some local reports, and says Angela says that when she gets her daughter back she will be keeping her on a short leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee