1189 users online (263 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

IL - Austin Hudson-Lapore, 20, Chicago, 12 June 2013

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...-of-c-student/
    Police have issued an alert for a missing 20-year-old University of Chicago student, last seen near the school’s Hyde Park campus on Wednesday afternoon.

Austin Hudson-Lapore is a 5-foot-7, 110-pound white male, with blue eyes and blonde hair, police said.

He attends the University of Chicago and was last seen around the 5300 block of South Kimbark about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
    The blog the family has set up to coordinate the search and spread information: http://findaustinhudson.tumblr.com/

The University of Chicago is located in Hyde Park, a neighborhood in the south side of Chicago that is surrounded by high-crime areas but which is, in itself, largely a safe (and beautiful) area. Most of the violent crime in the area is confined to gang-related activities and doesn't touch the university community.

There is some conflict about when he was last seen -- on the blog, his roommate says he left the apartment at 8PM. The news article says he was last seen during the middle of the day. (Certainly, in the middle of the day, most people would not feel unsafe at all around there. But classes are done for the year, and so the campus probably feels a lot more deserted...)

Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...0,822299.story

Police said Hudson-Lapore might frequent the lakefront area.
    This article says a female student went missing earlier in the week. Not sure if there's a thread for her yet?
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

From the blog:

"He left his apt, his roommate says, around 8pm on Wednesday, June 12th…without his wallet or smartphone, but had his apt keys. It was right after that major Derecho storm blew through Chicago…bringing with it tremendous lightening and straight-line winds."

Hope he's okay. Sounds like he wasn't planning on staying out long.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    Police said Hudson-Lapore might frequent the lakefront area.
    There are a couple of lakefront recreation areas right there -- at 51st street and also at 55th street (Promontory Point). Both offer great views of the skyline and are quite popular with students for barbeques, picnics, etc. Promontory Point is somewhat isolated from the roads -- to reach it, you have to walk through a tunnel/underpass (which I wouldn't feel safe doing on my own after dark, but in a group, would probably seem fine) and then trek across a wooded field. The 51st Street area is accessible via a footbridge over Lakeshore Drive, and the area is open and visible from that road.

From the blog:
    "Being a former Nat’l Science Bowl contender and serious fan of unusual weather/meteorology - we are theorizing he might have stepped outdoors to see the aftermath of the storm (as it headed east) - and something happened to him when he did."

I would think that he would have at least taken his phone or something to take photos of any weather-related damage or continued cloud formations, lightening bolts, etc.? Hope that makes sense. I wonder if he told the roommate where he was going?

No cell phone is always a concern since it's good for tracking. I hope they are doing the usual checks on that and on his computer. I guess I'm so used to telling somebody where I'm headed, I never get this thing of just leaving. But I guess young roomies don't care where you're going or don't think to be nosy!

he looks so young! I hope he's found soon and safe!
    “You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

When they keep mentioning his going to a "nearby lake," are they talking about Lake Michigan?! Not exactly anyone's mental picture of a lake -- being that it's about the size of the state of West Virginia. It behaves more like an ocean during a storm than a lake.

I'm afraid if he went to the lake and was walking along the shore he was knocked into the lake by a wind gust and/or waves.

Praying he is found so his family and friends have answers.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Oh my... He seems like such a wonderful, outdoorsy, smart young man!

I so hope he is found soon!

:

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    I don't know if I'm being negative or realistic but I'm already sensing an unhappy ending here, some sort of unfortunate accident perhaps.

I hope he's found soon.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    When they keep mentioning his going to a "nearby lake," are they talking about Lake Michigan?! Not exactly anyone's mental picture of a lake -- being that it's about the size of the state of West Virginia. It behaves more like an ocean during a storm than a lake.
    DM writer possibly picturing Lake Michigan as resembling one of the smaller "beauty spot" lakes in England's Lake District.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast