Canada - Rajpinder Sehmbi, 29, murdered, Edmonton, 10 July 2010 *Insanity*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Ex-Mountie who killed wife still believes ‘invisible man’ was inside home. (Edmonton Journal)
EDMONTON - Nearly three years after killing his wife while delusional and convinced she was having an affair, a former RCMP officer still believes he was right, court heard Thursday.

Tirth Singh Sehmbi repeatedly shot his 29-year-old wife Rajpinder in the early morning of July 10, 2010, in the family room of their southeast Edmonton home. Sehmbi, 38, was a member of the Stony Plain RCMP’s canine unit when he killed his wife. He was an officer for eight years, but is no longer with the RCMP.

For months leading up to the killing, Sehmbi was consumed by the delusion that his wife cheated on him. He placed surveillance inside their family home, hid an autistic neighbour inside a closet to spy on his wife and hired a private investigator to watch the house. When nothing proved his suspicions, Sehmbi became convinced the mystery man lived in the family home in a secret compartment he couldn’t find.

Though the man obviously never existed, testified forensic psychologist Robert Faltin, Sehmbi still hasn’t realized that fact.

“He still thinks he’s right, that this invisible man was there,” Faltin said. “I don’t think Mr. Sehmbi is coming back from this. We’ll see in time. It must have been hell for his wife.”
---
much more at the link

That is a strange case and I have never heard of something like this..."hid an autistic neighbor inside a closet to spy on his wife."

That is a strange case and I have never heard of something like this..."hid an autistic neighbor inside a closet to spy on his wife."
Not often a story has two "wait; what?" details.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back