CA CA - Sherry Carey, Long Beach, 20 Oct 1992

I wonder if any of her "antique and collectible furniture" happened to go missing right after this happened? Just thinking maybe robbery was part of the motive? This seems too violent for only that though...

Just odd to me, I guess, that there's hardly any info out there on such a horrific crime. Based on the user comments on the other website, I wonder if FBI has known whodunit all along but lacks evidence to make an arrest. She had a flyer for years (may still be) on the FBI "seeking info" page.

I find the comment by Gail Hewitt on the link Kimster provided interesting. However, I doubt that a 'hitman' would use multiple methods. This sounds like the work of someone who has not killed before, as the methods are varied on the same person. Sounds to me like the murderer attempted to strangle Sherry, she fought back, the murderer struck her with either their fists or a blunt object, and then stabbed her to make sure she was dead. It is also possible that the murderer slammed her head into a wall/object before stabbing her.

I find the comment by Gail Hewitt on the link Kimster provided interesting. However, I doubt that a 'hitman' would use multiple methods. This sounds like the work of someone who has not killed before, as the methods are varied on the same person. Sounds to me like the murderer attempted to strangle Sherry, she fought back, the murderer struck her with either their fists or a blunt object, and then stabbed her to make sure she was dead. It is also possible that the murderer slammed her head into a wall/object before stabbing her.

The following is just speculation... what if it was someone hired to kill her, but not what most people think of when they see the word 'hitman'. So, a person willing to commit murder for money, but who did not have that much expertise (though he might have convinced the person who hired him that he was a pro hitter). IDK if I subscribe to this theory, but just a thing to think about. Ssuch a person might make mistakes and wind up using more than one method trying to complete the job. Such a person might also be surprised (due to inexperience) at how hard she fought back. (spec and moo)

Hello, my name is Harry and Sherry was my aunt.
I know this is a long shot and much time has passed.
However I am interested in any information about her or this case.
And willing to help anyone else find who did this.
Thank you.

Hello, my name is Harry and Sherry was my aunt.
I know this is a long shot and much time has passed.
However I am interested in any information about her or this case.
And willing to help anyone else find who did this.
Thank you.

Hi Harry,
Thanks for joining and so sorry about your aunt. This was one of the very first cases that attracted me to true crime and to eventually Websleuths. Do you have any info to share other than what little we know?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back