1112 users online (244 members and 868 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CT - Eric Langlois, 33, New Milford, 11 June 2013

Connecticut wedding industry unites in search for missing photographer

On Monday, 33-year-old Eric Langlois fell off his mountain bike at Lovers Leap State Park in New Milford. The next day, Langlois’ wife dropped him off at the park to search for his lost bike. He never came home.
    On Tuesday, authorities received a call alerting them to a man crying for help in the waters of Lake Lillinonah, the Hartford Courant reports. Several local agencies, including the state’s police dive team, joined forces to search the lake and the surrounding river banks.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1373655

Help find FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/EricLanglois/

His wedding website: http://rawphotodesign.com/

Doesn't sound hopeful. Per fb dogs have alerted and they are looking for divers. Two children and his wife is pregnant.

Yeah, this is relatively local to me. We have had insane rain since Tuesday. Between the head injury on Monday and the spotting of someone in distress in the lake on Tuesday, there's not a lot of hope. I know that the family/friends are less than pleased with the official search, but because of the weather, it has been less than full force. I know a photography group has been out searching for him.

I'll try to find some links in a bit.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

How very sad. Why did his wife just drop him off alone to search for his bike and not wait for him or search with him? Did he know where the bike was? How did he get home the previous day when he was injured without his bike? I hope he will be found alive but it doesn't look good for him. I feel really bad for his pregnant wife and his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    How very sad. Why did his wife just drop him off alone to search for his bike and not wait for him or search with him? Did he know where the bike was? How did he get home the previous day when he was injured without his bike? I hope he will be found alive but it doesn't look good for him. I feel really bad for his pregnant wife and his children.
    I'd assume if he's a mountain biker then he's fairly fit and/or feels comfy in the area. Could be the kinda guy who goes out on his own often to ride. His wife is pregnant and has 2 small children so they probably felt it was for the best she stay home. I feel for her, she must have some guilt right now MOO

This really doesn't sounds good but I'm praying for a miracle. I'd be so lost and damaged without my husband.

Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    Yeah, this is relatively local to me. We have had insane rain since Tuesday. Between the head injury on Monday and the spotting of someone in distress in the lake on Tuesday, there's not a lot of hope. I know that the family/friends are less than pleased with the official search, but because of the weather, it has been less than full force. I know a photography group has been out searching for him.

I'll try to find some links in a bit.
    Someone spotted him "in distress" and didn't call 911? Why??

I wonder why he was in distress. He seems young, healthy, fit ...

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    Someone spotted him "in distress" and didn't call 911? Why??

I wonder why he was in distress. He seems young, healthy, fit ...
    They did call for help. And he was probably in distress because he had a head injury the day before in a bike accident. He had gone back to the park to retrieve his bike from where he fell. Let me dig up some really local links for you guys.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

"Authorities say Eric fell from Lovers Leap on Monday, and came back here on Tuesday to get his bike.

A witness called 911 when they saw him struggling in the water."

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connect...g#.Ub0uLhbhAy4

------

AHA! I hadn't seen this part before, I didn't realize the bike was in the water:

"Langlois was reported missing by his wife on Tuesday. She reported he had fallen off his mountain bike Monday and the bike was in the water."

http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/...es-4602949.php

------

"Lake Lillinonah is a manmade, expanded section of the Housatonic River that is part of a hydroelectric generation operation. It begins at the Lovers Leap gorge in New Milford and continues south to the Southbury/Newtown area, where there is a dam."

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...ewmode=default

--------
    And about the head injury:
    "Eric Langlois, 33, had been riding his bike in the state park Monday when he had an accident and "hit his head pretty hard," said his uncle, Peter Poulin."

http://www.newstimes.com/policerepor...oo-4601056.php
    Last edited by necco; 06-15-2013 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Adding a link

Thank you necco, for clarifying! This makes much more sense.

Doesn't look good after 4 days ...

This news site has a video at the scene and comments by his wife. It looks very rocky at the water's edge and almost impossible to retrieve anything.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/211712711.html

Just a little local perspective, it has rained here for like 2 weeks straight, ending Thursday. And not just a little bit of rain. The kind of rain that makes you start pairing up animals in your yard and googling for how long a cubit is. I've been in showers that had less water pressure than the rain has these past two weeks. That's what worries me most, he may have thought "Oh, I've been in that lake (which is really part of the Housatonic River but is behind a dam) a million times. I got this." But we've had flood warnings and watches on and off for weeks.

necco, does this lake have a current, because it is connected to the river? How large is the lake?

Also, in one article it said that they released some of the water to lower the water level in the lake, could this have sucked him out of the lake into the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    necco, does this lake have a current, because it is connected to the river? How large is the lake?

Also, in one article it said that they released some of the water to lower the water level in the lake, could this have sucked him out of the lake into the river?
    It's the 2nd largest lake in CT. It has 45 miles of coastline. It is 1547 acres. I hope you can visualize how big that is because I'm lousy with acres.

Yes, it has a current. I'm unfamiliar with that particular hydroelectric dam, but usually in CT, a body would get caught in the dam.

"However, officials said due to dangerous current and flood conditions, boat searches can't be safely conducted until water levels decrease."

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/litchfi...h#.Ub0_KRbhAy4

Thank you necco. I'm also lousy with visualizing acres but 45 miles of coastline does sound huge to me!

I wonder if he got caught in a current ...

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    This news site has a video at the scene and comments by his wife. It looks very rocky at the water's edge and almost impossible to retrieve anything.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/211712711.html
    If you watch this video that Lucky posted, there is a shot of the "lake" near where he was last seen. I put lake in quotes because it is clearly flowing pretty quickly and churning quite a bit. A good swimmer can deal with just current, but if you seen how the water is churning, THAT is where you can get into trouble.

Thanks necco! Yes it does look dangerous I wouldn't dare to get in there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast