1103 users online (232 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Cathy Nameth, 43, Loon Lake, 12 Oct 2002

I really hope I am posting this in the right place and that this is not posted all ready and I have missed it.

This case sticks out to me. Gave me the chills because it's like from a movie or something. Just wondering what others think about this.

Cathy Nameth, 43, was at her parents cabin on Loon Lake. When she had reached out for help on her fire department radio saying "there's a man with a raincoat and he's scruffy looking and.." then the radio cut out.
    From what I have read she was then chased around the property and put up a fight. She died of multiple stab wounds.
    She was found alive by her husband and son, her husband had asked her who attacked her and he reportedly said she didn't know.

One idea is that she may have been murdered because she was due to give details in an embezzlement case.

Quote Originally Posted by giagreen View Post
    I really hope I am posting this in the right place and that this is not posted all ready and I have missed it.

This case sticks out to me. Gave me the chills because it's like from a movie or something. Just wondering what others think about this.

Cathy Nameth, 43, was at her parents cabin on Loon Lake. When she had reached out for help on her fire department radio saying "there's a man with a raincoat and he's scruffy looking and.." then the radio cut out.
    From what I have read she was then chased around the property and put up a fight. She died of multiple stab wounds.
    She was found alive by her husband and son, her husband had asked her who attacked her and he reportedly said she didn't know.

One idea is that she may have been murdered because she was due to give details in an embezzlement case.
    I can see why you're intrigued, gia. Creepy, but so sad, too, for her husband and son. Do you have MSM links?

Btw, you did pick the correct forum.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

This is an intriguing case! Here are a few links that popped up on Google.

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/C...132659818.html

http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/103964929.html

Here is another link I found.

http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/gro...i/message/9965

I think I agree with her friedn Barbara that a stranger wouldn't just pick a cabin like that at random.

"I don't think a stranger would pick that house at that time of night
    in the rain to be there", says friend, Barbara Borchardt.

Yeah hard to believe this isn't somehow related to the embezzlement case. And the fact she was supposed to meet with an investigator about it? Not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by jaleach123 View Post
    Yeah hard to believe this isn't somehow related to the embezzlement case. And the fact she was supposed to meet with an investigator about it? Not a coincidence.
    I agree. It's just crazy. They got DNA but have not been able to link it to anyone.