GUILTY UT - Charles 'Ricky' Jennings charged w/ attempted murder, Ogden, 16 June 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://centurylink.net/news/read/ca...p-gunman_shoots_man_during_catholic_mass_i-ap

OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Police have arrested a man accused of walking into a Catholic church and shooting a man in the back of the head during Mass on Sunday in Ogden. [victim survived so far] ..........

While police haven't disclosed the relationship between the two, parishioners say the victim was the gunman's father-in-law and there had been problems between the suspect and his wife.

Its pretty sad when a person isn't even safe in church! Near where we live, last week a man held the door for a lady at a church and she went through and he stole her purse and ran. That's sickening!

Utah man shot in church upgraded to fair condition

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ap-chaos_as_gunfire_erupts_at_utah_fathers-ap

OGDEN, Utah (AP) — A Utah man shot in the head during a Father's Day Mass was upgraded to fair condition Tuesday — just a few hours after his son-in-law was charged with attempted homicide in the shooting.

On his 66th birthday, James Evans was moved out of the intensive care unit at McDay-Dee Hospital in Ogden, another step in what doctors expect to be a full recovery. The bullet police say was fired at point-blank range by his son-in-law, Charles "Ricky" Jennings Jr., remarkably missed his brain, entering near his ear and exiting out his cheek.

Evans' wife, Tara, who was standing beside him, said if her husband hadn't turned his head when he did, he would have been killed........

Jennings, 35, is in jail on $105,000 cash-only bail. He made a brief court Tuesday appearance by video. He was charged Tuesday in Weber County with attempted murder, two counts each of aggravated burglary and aggravated robbery, and possession of a firearm by a restricted person........

"I'm OK, I'm OK," Evans kept saying, as blood spilled from his mouth.

Meanwhile, Jennings stole a truck from a nearby neighbor at gunpoint and led police on a highway chase, police said. He was caught hours later on foot after the truck ran out of gas.

Police are still trying to determine why Jennings shot his father-in-law, said Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle on Tuesday. They think he may have been drinking or on drugs, and detectives know the couple had a history of domestic disputes that may have triggered Sunday's shooting, she said. But, she said Jennings has not revealed a motive.........

More in 3p. article...

April 2017:

http://www.standard.net/Courts/2017...olic-parish-methamphetamine-domestic-violence

Charles Richard Jennings Jr., who shot his father-in-law at St. James the Just Catholic Church on June 16, 2013, recently begged parole commissioners to release him from the Utah State Prison in Draper, where he’s serving a sentence of up to life for attempted murder.

But the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole decided Monday, March 27, that Jennings, 39, will spend at least 21 more years behind bars before he receives another parole hearing...

“I’ll be 90 then,” Evans said, ”so I probably won’t be at that parole hearing.”

Evans, 69, is especially happy for Tara.

“She’s been dancing around the house for most of the rest of the day when we found out, knowing we wouldn’t have to worry about him getting out for a long time,” he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back