Robotic cat -Search and Rescue

Paintr

Reaction score
I wonder if you can have one in a "no pets" allowed apartment?

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2013/0617/Robotic-cat-could-be-future-of-search-and-rescue-missions-video

Researchers have invented a fast, cat-like robot that could be a prototype for fleet-footed search-and-rescue robots.

The new robot is not only fast – it’s also light and stable, and researchers hope that later versions will go on to be used in exploration and search-and-rescue missions.

more at link, including video

Awesome!

"...exploration and search-and-rescue missions..." when and if the cat-like robots decide to in their own good time, of course.

Wish they had given it a head tho. :(

No offense, but if I'm covered in rubble from a recent building collapse. The last thing I want to see is some sort of fake cathead looking at me. :scared:

[Nods at Steely]

With those big, glowing, scary eyes! Those are hard enough to take when you're sitting on the potty, minding your own business, and the kitty critter has eased the door open unbeknownst to you. You glance over and, "Oh. My. Gawd!!!! What the....!!!"

that freaks me out a little

[Nods at Steely]

With those big, glowing, scary eyes! Those are hard enough to take when you're sitting on the potty, minding your own business, and the kitty critter has eased the door open unbeknownst to you. You glance over and, "Oh. My. Gawd!!!! What the....!!!"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You and SD have me in stiches. I guess I never thought of it from that point of view.

BUT Would you want a mechanical HEADLESS cat bounding towards you? Fifty shades of Ichabod Crane.:scared:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

You and SD have me in stiches. I guess I never thought of it from that point of view.

BUT Would you want a mechanical HEADLESS cat bounding towards you? Fifty shades of Ichabod Crane.:scared:

Yes, as long as the mechanics aren't covered to look like a real cat and there isn't a bloody stump where the head should be, but that's just me. :dunno:

Yes, as long as the mechanics aren't covered to look like a real cat and there isn't a bloody stump where the head should be, but that's just me. :dunno:

Don't you mean an 'oily' stump? :)

Wish they had given it a head tho. :(

Definately needs a head. Like the Headless Horseman. I guess you could always stick your own on it , like a Barbie head, Mister Potato head, squirrel or chipmunk head if you have a spare one, etc.

Definately needs a head. Like the Headless Horseman. I guess you could always stick your own on it , like a Barbie head, Mister Potato head, squirrel or chipmunk head if you have a spare one, etc.

LOL at spare Barbie head.

[[SIZE="-5"]Tiptoes off saying, "Don't even wanna know!"[/SIZE]]

Actually if they covered the mechanics to make it look like a cat, and gave it a cat's head, and programed it to purr, it would be very re assuring for a trapped child.

Don't want much, do I. :blushing: But after all they have figured out already, a fake fur coat and a purr should be a piece of cake. Oh, and a head! Must not lose our head. :floorlaugh:

Just make sure he's neutered!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Remember Blade Runner? Maybe there is a future in mechanical pets...no messy litter boxes, no spooning stinky cat food from cans, no pet sitter needed,no alergies, no cat hair on clothes, and no unexpected litters. Sanitized Pets R Us! :(

Remember Blade Runner? Maybe there is a future in mechanical pets...no messy litter boxes, no spooning stinky cat food from cans, no pet sitter needed,no alergies, no cat hair on clothes, and no unexpected litters. Sanitized Pets R Us! :(

I for one welcome our future Robotic Cat Overlords.

No scratched-up furniture or legs or hands and arms. No mistaking feet moving underneath covers for an enemy to be annihilated. No posts that look like this:

And furthermore, I think.k3;lk23n4;k323ikuadsp7f-9d879;kj;kjjejiuiji

And no more 2:00 a.m. calls to friends and family who call right back and complain that "YOU" called them and would only "breathe funny" into the phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back