Susan Stine the makeup artist

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In PMPT, Schiller wrote about the British documentary, by Mills and Tracey. We know all about that one; that is not what caught my eye in the book. Schiller informs about the fact that the Rs agreed to no restrictions during the interview, yet the attorneys come back with restrictions. Alas, the Ramseys prevail, saying that "they would be open to all questions and that their friend, Susan Stine, would do their makeup." Why in the heck is that statement even in there...about SS doing the makeup? I find that totally odd...totally off the wall in the grand scheme of things. It's almost like Schiller is subtly giving some kind of clue to something. He said himself that he had to leave out a good portion of what he knew about the case.

Nehemiah said:
In PMPT, Schiller wrote about the British documentary, by Mills and Tracey. We know all about that one; that is not what caught my eye in the book. Schiller informs about the fact that the Rs agreed to no restrictions during the interview, yet the attorneys come back with restrictions. Alas, the Ramseys prevail, saying that "they would be open to all questions and that their friend, Susan Stine, would do their makeup." Why in the heck is that statement even in there...about SS doing the makeup? I find that totally odd...totally off the wall in the grand scheme of things. It's almost like Schiller is subtly giving some kind of clue to something. He said himself that he had to leave out a good portion of what he knew about the case.

Webster's New Collegiate Dictonary:

make up: INVENT. IMPROVISE (make up a story)

Nehemiah said:
From memory they wanted to be chaperoned, no strangers required to witness the pleasantries and banter between Patsy and John, or even present unsolicited questions.

The interesting question is why a Stine, why were they so trusted, is this a hint of a commonality, a sharing of a liberal ethos?

UKGuy said:
The interesting question is why a Stine, why were they so trusted, is this a hint of a commonality, a sharing of a liberal ethos?

IMO, when the final chapter of this case is written, the Stines will be at the heart of it.

BlueCrab said:
IMO, when the final chapter of this case is written, the Stines will be at the heart of it.
BlueCrab:
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I reckon you may be right here.

Also I wonder if Susan Stine has any links to pageant culture or had done any makeup for JonBenet prior to her death?

UKGuy said:
BlueCrab:
Thanks for your reply,

Yes I reckon you may be right here.

Also I wonder if Susan Stine has any links to pageant culture or had done any makeup for JonBenet prior to her death?

UKGuy,

I doubt if Susan Stine had much or anything to do with the pageants, but she was solidly in charge of the public relations war that flared up between the Ramseys and the Boulder police following the murder. While the Ramseys and the Paughs were under seige for 5 months in the Stine's house it was Susan who directed the battle for the Ramseys. That's how she became known by the cops and the media as "Patsy's pit bull" and "The Gatekeeper". Nobody got by her.

Read more about Susan Stine and her lovely involvement in this case.

was susan stine ever investigated? i have been looking her up, and i have come across a few clues that seem to make her a decent suspect. granted, it's mostly based on internet speculation, but the facts haven't gotten us very far in 8+years, so i'm gonna give it a go...

1-the above link...extreme involvement in a crime, but not really with compassion. many profilers will tell you that criminals like to "involve" themselves in the investigation somehow.

2-she was the last place the ramseys went that fateful night before going home. did things really unfold as the ramseys described? perhaps, she came over? perhaps, there was an argument. patsy wouldn't come inside because JBR was sleeping in the car. maybe susan stine was jealous.

3-is she gay? i've read these rumors online, and she does look quite manly, for lack of a better description. not to stereotype, but i'm mentioning it, because john douglas speculated that it may be a female lesbian perp. i'm not sure why, but i put a lot of stock into john douglas' work, even if he was hired by the ramseys.

4-she was the treasurer for the ramsey foundation. someone here suggested that whoever filed the taxes for the ramsey foundation had similar handwriting to the ransom note. might the treasurer fill out the tax paperwork?

5-she was close enough to know JBR and her way around the house.

any takers?

Interesting, VofR...SS's letter of apology to Chief Beckner as a "sophomoric prank" is interesting terminology. Wonder if that "sophomore" who pulled the "prank" is her son Doug. He could have easily opened a hotmail account from the family home using the same server under Mom's name.

Faking the chief's e-mail was a pretty stupid thing to do. Sounds like the work of a kid...rather than the work of a reponsible former director of research at CU.

IMO

Miss Daisey said:
Interesting, VofR...SS's letter of apology to Chief Beckner as a "sophomoric prank" is interesting terminology. Wonder if that "sophomore" who pulled the "prank" is her son Doug. He could have easily opened a hotmail account from the family home using the same server under Mom's name.

Faking the chief's e-mail was a pretty stupid thing to do. Sounds like the work of a kid...rather than the work of a reponsible former director of research at CU.

IMO

Miss Daisey,

Good thinking. Susan Stine is a prankster, but this Beckner thing was serious. It could have been Doug who posed as the police chief and sent the e-mails, and his mom is taking the rap for it.

define makeup

for once I agree with BC - makeup also means composition, and is likely what is intended in this quote from PMPT.

Second thing - if you do an Internet search of 'director of research Colorado University' you will pull up a lot of sites. What they all have in common is that their directors are Doctors as in MD or Doctors as in PHD. Now, what does this mean? I don't know for sure, but there is a high probability that if Susan Stine was indeed a director at this institution, she would have to be a Doctor. Either MD or PHD. Anybody know?

Next google 'Susan Stine' and you will get a lot of MD's. I can't figure if they are the same MD, but their areas of expertise are 'drug addiction' and 'autism.' And I think, and have always thought that 'autism' is the link between the Ramseys and the Stines.

By the way, Colorado U has a large medical center researching 'cancer.' Could this be how the 2 women met. What research was Stine involved in? Maybe the kids were not the connection, but rather just a coincidence.

twilight said:
Next google 'Susan Stine' and you will get a lot of MD's. I can't figure if they are the same MD, but their areas of expertise are 'drug addiction' and 'autism.' And I think, and have always thought that 'autism' is the link between the Ramseys and the Stines.

By the way, Colorado U has a large medical center researching 'cancer.' Could this be how the 2 women met. What research was Stine involved in? Maybe the kids were not the connection, but rather just a coincidence.

Twilight,

"Director of Research" is misleading; Susan Stine's title at CU was Director of Planning. She specialized in the information technology field. Glen Stine held a PhD from Harvard, but I don't know if Susan was a PhD. She likely held at least a master's degree or she wouldn't be employed at the University. Glen was Vice President for Budget and Finance.

Do you know what she was planning? I do...

Susan Stine

Now isn't that something. She was in the same business as the Ramseys. Well, well, well...

BlueCrab said:
Twilight,

"Director of Research" is misleading; Susan Stine's title at CU was Director of Planning. She specialized in the information technology field. Glen Stine held a PhD from Harvard, but I don't know if Susan was a PhD. She likely held at least a master's degree or she wouldn't be employed at the University. Glen was Vice President for Budget and Finance.

hmmmmm...you seem to know a lot about the administration of Universities...how come? I know how I know and how I found out...

twilight said:
hmmmmm...you seem to know a lot about the administration of Universities...how come? I know how I know and how I found out...

twilight,

I have just general knowledge of universities; no more than most people. I graduated from one and later occasionally lectured at some. But other than that, I have gained most of my knowledge from Googling on the internet; it's like having a library in your home.

For instance:

I use a search engine (Google) to get a menu of items on a specific JonBenet topic to select from;

I use ZabaSearch to find people (zaba means free in Greek):

I use ACandyRose for historic items and events on the JonBenet Ramsey case; and in addition to the internet --

I use published books and articles on JonBenet, and infrequent tid bits of information from friends.

I'm sure you google with the best of them. However, some of your info cannot be found by googling. What'd ya lecture on? If you don't mind sharing - just curious.

twilight said:
What'd ya lecture on? If you don't mind sharing - just curious.

twilight,

Economics (creation of goods, services, and jobs); Industrial pollution controls; Management practices.

In case you don't see this, which I know you'll not want to miss, In the new thread about the Patricia Letters, Sissi gives a link and it's been so long since I read them I just clicked on one, the first one that had the word forum or forums, and lo and behold, in the 2nd paragraph, the writer mentions signing a page, maybe a petition, "...Hence, I think it did not work properly." Farther down, the writer says depressed, and "feable" efforts.
http://jbr_subculture.tripod.com/04-24-1999-18-03-10-/fruebdti/cgeest/firynsO?c,txt

About Stine doing makeup for TV, sne's of those can-do people, and/or when you have such big trouble/depression, it would possibly make you feel a little better to impress someone that you're being cared-for. Counting your blessings. I guess.

Nehemiah said:

Hi Nehemiah,

Could you give me a page number for this statement? I have the hardback copy, :) I indeed find this strange...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back