651 users online (54 members and 597 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Ciriyah West, 3, beaten to death, Memphis, 29 May 2013

in custody after he told LE "he spanked her good"

I've looked for an update (this was posted 5/30/13) but didn't find one

The child was unresponsive when McKinney placed her in his Ford Mustang and drove her to the mother.

From there, McKinney The child was unresponsive when McKinney placed her in his Ford Mustang and drove her to the mother.

From there, McKinney dropped off the mother and daughter at Delta Medical Center.

The child was quickly transferred to Le Bonheur with a subdural hematoma, liver laceration, kidney laceration, a bladder rupture, and her brain had shifted 8 millimeters.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22461212/...ld-unconscious

Unfortunately, it has been reported she died.
    http://www.blackbluedog.com/2013/06/...boyfriend-dies

RIP poor baby.

No words except bad ones....

I hope someone can find an update to see if this poor child survived.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Oh no....Rest in peace, Ciriyah....

“No child should ever experience what my baby experienced,” said Ciriyah’s mother, Cassie West, who lost her job because of time she’d taken from work to spend with her child at the hospital.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22605361/...toddlers-death

In the article you linked (thank you) Mom says she got fired from her job for taking off to be with her baby in the hospital! I don't know who she worked for, but they should be ashamed of themselves

Link above, an interview w/mom & grandma along with pictures of sweet Ciriyah

Mom needs to be charged too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Mom needs to be charged too.
    I haven't seen anything in the links that leads me to believe mom did anything wrong? Am I missing something?

Rip litle angel.

I didn't see anything about mom knowing anything about abuse beforehand, and I'm usually one to jump all over a birth vessel staying with someone knowing they abuse their child, so I'm holding off of that for now.
    In the link above, she says that they had been together for 2 yrs, and when I went looking for any criminal history he had, all I could find was his arrest for beating this sweet child, but I could've missed something too

And she is carrying his baby... this reminds me of Juliani Cardenas.
    I hope that this mother is able to cope as well as Tabitha was able to.

Obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/com...16#fbLoggedOut

March 2014:

(Memphis) A man who told police he spanked his girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter for five or six minutes when she cried after a bath, has been indicted on for her death.

Tony McKinney, 27, is charged with first-degree murder in the perpetration of aggravated child abuse in the death of Ciriyah West.
    http://wreg.com/2014/03/07/boyfriend...rder-of-child/

October 2016:

Man to serve 40 years for murdering girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter

http://wreg.com/2016/10/17/man-to-se...-old-daughter/

A man who told police he spanked his girlfriend’s 3-year-old daughter for five or six minutes when she cried after a bath will spend decades behind bars.

Tony McKinney, 30, pleaded guilty and reached a settlement to serve 40 years in prison for second-degree murder, as well as 25 years for aggravated child abuse of a child under 8, according to the Shelby County District Attorney’s Office. The sentences will be served concurrently.