1122 users online (230 members and 892 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Police: Son stabs father, then saws off his own hands

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/18/us/cal...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A 59-year-old man lay bloody on the driveway. His son stood nearby, both his hands cut off at the wrist.

That's the gruesome scene Shasta County, California, sheriff's deputies encountered Monday afternoon, before calling ambulances to transport the two to area hospitals.

A full day later, both Gregory Dunn and his son Jason are still alive despite their life-threatening injuries, said sheriff's office Detective Will Gardner.

No charges had been filed in the case as of Tuesday afternoon. The incident is being investigated as an attempted homicide, police said.

More at link.....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

How did he get the second hand off?
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

This is so bizarre. I wonder if the hospital tried to reattach the hands. I can't imagine why anyone would do these things. He most likely needs a mental evaluation if he survives this.

Must have been a chore cuffing him. I'll pray for dumba$$ people tonight.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    It says he used a radial arm saw so I gather he must have started it up and placed both hands under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Table saw?
    Just striving to be average.

Biblical?

Mark 9:43

Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Mark 9:43.

And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition
    http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Mark-9-43/
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

There is a man in the recovery community who has told his story of alcoholism and drug addiction numerous times. He has one working arm and the other one is cut off at the elbow. He tells a heart wrenching tale of a days-long alcohol and drug binge with his son which culminated in him-the father-cutting off his own arm in a cocaine-induced state of paranoia and hallucination.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Hejlena View Post
    There is a man in the recovery community who has told his story of alcoholism and drug addiction numerous times. He has one working arm and the other one is cut off at the elbow. He tells a heart wrenching tale of a days-long alcohol and drug binge with his son which culminated in him-the father-cutting off his own arm in a cocaine-induced state of paranoia and hallucination.
    One more reason to say no to drugs!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bottle View Post
    It says he used a radial arm saw so I gather he must have started it up and placed both hands under it.
    Jesus Christ. WHY? That would be the most painful thing ever! He is going to be experiencing severe regret when, or if, he ever comes to his senses.