1189 users online (248 members and 941 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID - Kyle Tolley, 17, Pine Flats, 17 Aug 2001

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has updated their poster on Kyle...

DOB: Jul 19, 1984
    Age Now: 28
    Missing: Aug 17, 2001
    Missing From:
    United States
    Sex: Male
    Race: White
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 5'10" (178cm)
    Weight: 185lbs (84kg)

Both photos shown are of Kyle. He was last seen at the Pine Flats Campground in Idaho on August 17, 2001.

Thanks for opening this thread. I've seen his Charley site several times, always wondering what happened to him. In May the more recent pictures of him were finally added. That other picture shows him when he was younger and looked quite differrent.

What a handsome young man. Wish there were more details available.

Missing for 12 years this month.

What happened to Kyle? Do they suspect foul play, an accident, a possible suicide?
    I can't find anything besides the fact he was camping with his brother and a friend at the time of his disappearance.

BUMP. 12 years today.
    Wish there was more details.

I don't know, I think the age-progression looks off and not what he would look like today, IMO.

I have a question.. The Charlie Project website says the pictures are from Circa 2004.. I'm assuming that means that that's when they received them?

Or is the date he went missing wrong?

For some reason the sketch really makes me think of Kyle's age progression. I know the age is in the wrong group though. I looked on all the unidentified people around Idaho and the only one that semi-fits him is this one I believe. It is in Nevada though.

Great White North
    I had looked into Kyle's case before. It caught my eye because he disappeared only one month before 'Lyle Stevik' killed himself at a motel in Washington and had given his address as Idaho. I wondered if LS had killed himself out of guilt after being involved in someone's death...possibly Kyle's.

More recently the FBI released further info on Israel Keyes and his possible crimes. Apparently he killed someone in the few months after his discharge from the army, which was in July 2001. Keyes was known to kill people while they were hiking. He traveled great distances to commit his crimes and he admits disposing of some of his victims in lakes. Is it possible that Kyle was a victim?

ETA: I now think that my two possible scenarios above are longshots. I just came across an article on the 'Garden Valley Daily News' (really a blog - not MSM) from just this past June, when search crews were looking for Kyle's body. The article gives more background on what transpired around the time Kyle disappeared. I now think that Kyle's behavior and circumstances contributed to his disappearance.
    Last edited by Snoopster; 08-23-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

Thanks so much for finding that article on Kyle's case, Snoopster.

On Saturday, June 8, fifty searchers and two certified cadaver canines spread through the mountains above Pine Flats Campground to search for remains of Kyle Tolley, a 17-year-old male wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, and no shoes, who disappeared August 18, 2001, after a night of revelry and drugs.
    On the morning of Tolley’s disappearance, Boise County Sheriff Gary Brown got a call from Pine Flats camp post, who stated that two campers reported three guys who were “really acting weird”.
    At the hot springs, Brown arrested two young men “out of their minds”, who were high and hallucinating (one was Tolley’s brother)
    She was high also but was coherent enough to state that Tolley had taken off up the hill, saying he was going to find the nearest McDonalds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatjessgirl View Post
    I have a question.. The Charlie Project website says the pictures are from Circa 2004.. I'm assuming that means that that's when they received them?

Or is the date he went missing wrong?
    Must be a typo.

Two years to report him missing and over 10 to start investigating. Wow. Poor kid never had a chance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast