GUILTY LA - Viloude Louis, 5, beaten to death, Terrytown, 16 June 2013

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...p-boy_13_charged_in_wrestling_death_of_gir-ap

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A 13-year-old boy from a New Orleans suburb was charged with second-degree murder in the death of his 5-year-old half-sister after investigators said he told them he repeatedly struck her with wrestling moves imitated from TV.......

The boy had been left to babysit the girl by his stepmother when the alleged beating occurred, authorities said. After the beating, the girl later complained of a stomach ache. When she stopped breathing, the boy called 911. Emergency responders could not revive her and she was pronounced dead at a hospital......

More at link....

Reminds me of Lionel Tate too. There seems to be a spate of these cases where older siblings kill younger ones lately, or maybe its my imagination.

Very sad case all round.

One would think a 13 year old (if not mentally impaired) would have the wherewithal to know that you can't just fling a 5 year old around, or jump on them. I can't even imagine what that poor child went through.

"I don't know if he's done it on purpose or not," says La. mother of girl allegedly killed by brother

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-killed-by-brother/?google_editors_picks=true

........Adlourdes Desvallons was at a store near her home when she reportedly left her teen son in charge of watching his little sister. The mother called home to check on the two and the boy allegedly told her Viloude Louis, 5, was upstairs brushing her teeth. Minutes later he reportedly called back to tell his mother the girl was not okay. .......

According to the station, Jefferson Parish authorities said the boy appeared excited to talk about the wrestling moves in an interview with them, and that he didn't seem remorseful. .......

"We have to understand the maturity of our kids when we put them in the care and custody of other children." Said Sheriff Newell Normard.

Desvallons told the station her daughter was "really kind, so intelligent, so smart."........more.....

What disturbed me in the OP is this:

"The 13-year-old continued by saying the victim complained that she was hurting, but he continued to slam, punch and elbow her for an additional two or three minutes, stopping when his mother called him on the phone to check on he and the victim," sheriff's officials said in the news release.

picture.php

Rest in peace, little Viloude

This case reminds me of the Lionel Tate case in Florida back in 2001:

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Lionel_Tate?o=2801&qsrc=999
ITA!!! The similarities are eerie. The Tate case was in my neighborhood. It was a landmark case as a 12 yr old was charged with murder and sentenced to life.

To update that - he (Tate) got out and never really turned his life around. He was arrested for stabbing a pizza delivery guy on New Year's Eve (or Xmas eve) just a few years ago. He had a local minister take him in to try to help him - didn't work. I don't know where he is now - I'm assuming he's still in for the stabbing incident.

I hope the authorities hold this one accountable and discount the "wrestling effect".

JMHO there is no excuse for what he did.

JMHO

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/prosecutors_defense_have_much.html#incart_m-rpt-2

"Can a 13-year-old form that type of intent? That would be the legal argument that (Devalon's) legal counsel would make," said Majeeda Snead, a clinical professor of criminal defense with Loyola University's College of Law

I definitely think a 13 year old can form intent to kill. Whether or not that was the case here, they will have to figure that one out.
He may not have meant to kill her, but he sure didn't stop when he knew he was hurting her. That is extremely disturbing in itself. jmo

ITA!!! The similarities are eerie. The Tate case was in my neighborhood. It was a landmark case as a 12 yr old was charged with murder and sentenced to life.

To update that - he (Tate) got out and never really turned his life around. He was arrested for stabbing a pizza delivery guy on New Year's Eve (or Xmas eve) just a few years ago. He had a local minister take him in to try to help him - didn't work. I don't know where he is now - I'm assuming he's still in for the stabbing incident.

I hope the authorities hold this one accountable and discount the "wrestling effect".

JMHO there is no excuse for what he did.

JMHO

Since Tate violated his parole for the murder he got a 30 year sentence plus 10 years for the robbery, but concurrent.

From the 'ask.com' link:

On May 23, 2005, Tate was charged with armed burglary with battery, armed robbery and violation of probation, the Broward County Sheriff's Office said.

Tate threatened Domino's Pizza deliveryman Walter Ernest Gallardo with a handgun outside a friend's apartment after phoning in an order. Gallardo dropped the four pizzas and fled the scene. Tate then re-entered the apartment, assaulting the occupant who did not want Tate inside.

Gallardo called 9-1-1 upon reaching the Domino's store and returned to identify Tate, the sheriff's office said in a statement. No gun was recovered.

On March 1, 2006, Tate accepted a plea bargain and was to be sentenced to 30 years imprisonment in a sentencing hearing in April 2006. Tate admitted that he had violated probation by possessing a gun during the May 23 robbery that netted four pizzas worth $33.60, but he has refused to answer questions about where he got it and later disposed of the gun. He was allowed to withdraw his guilty plea for robbery, but was finally sentenced to 30 years in prison on May 18, 2006 for violating probation. On October 24, 2007, Florida's 4th District Court of Appeal upheld that sentence.[11]

On February 19, 2008, Tate pleaded no contest to the pizza robbery and was sentenced to 10 years in state prison. The sentence will run concurrently with his 30 year sentence for violating his probation.[12]

He's still incarcerated at Columbia CI, Florida.

This boy sounds so similar to Tate...no remorse, almost bragging about his 'wrestling' moves to LE, smiling....I don't know how La. sentences children or what the outcome will be but I hope they can keep him confined for a long time.

Three years is all he gets for beating his sister to death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back