1244 users online (280 members and 964 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Documentary aims to 'break silence' on crash of TWA Flight 800

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa...html?hpt=hp_t1

Documentary aims to 'break silence' on crash of TWA Flight 800
    By Mike M. Ahlers, CNN
    updated 2:25 AM EDT, Wed June 19, 2013

(CNN) -- Skeptics who have long theorized that TWA Flight 800 was brought down by sinister forces will get a fresh surge of energy when a new documentary attempts to disprove that the 1996 crash was accidental.

The documentary, "TWA Flight 800," will premiere July 17, the 17th anniversary of the crash.

It includes six members of the accident investigation team who, publicists say, will "break their silence" on the cause of the explosion.

They will petition the National Transportation Safety Board to reopen its investigation some 17 years after the B-747 fell in pieces into the waters off of Long Island, New York....

I think there's a good chance this might be true.

Just a bit of Trivia, but Eddie George's mother was supposed to work that flight. Eddie really wanted her to be at his first contract signing after being drafted by the Houston Oilers. So she switched with another flight attendant.

I remember this well. I was pregnant with my first child and my husband was in the military (intel) and doing a rotation at the pentagon - I used to grill him for info because I was certain that something was being hidden about this, after all the reports of missiles, and military exercises in the area of the crash. Of course he couldnt say a word even if he DID know, lol, but I badgered him nonetheless

I'm with you, Steely, I think this is one "conspiracy" or cover-up at least that has a good chance of being true. I will definitely be watching the doc!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    I remember this well. I was pregnant with my first child and my husband was in the military (intel) and doing a rotation at the pentagon - I used to grill him for info because I was certain that something was being hidden about this, after all the reports of missiles, and military exercises in the area of the crash. Of course he couldnt say a word even if he DID know, lol, but I badgered him nonetheless

I'm with you, Steely, I think this is one "conspiracy" or cover-up at least that has a good chance of being true. I will definitely be watching the doc!
    If the titles and names are accurate and not poofed up, then I definitely think this could be true.

I also remember this well (I was still living in NYC at the time). I've always been on the fence with this. On one hand, there is evidence that definitely points to something external but then on the other hand I've seen tons of documentaries that really do explain away what the witnesses saw as well as how the explosion actually could of happened (which seems really plausible to me).

The biggest thing though that makes me pause on it being an external reason for the explosion is basic human nature. If there really was an accidental missile strike (I firmly don't believe that anything leads itself to terrorism), I just feel there would of been way to many people involved to keep their mouths shut for all this time. I understand this is coming up now, but it just feels that if was a military exercise gone wrong, somehow somewhere that would of leaked out.

I have long believed that this crash was "covered up"...by whom, or why, I don't know...but yes, this will be an interesting documentary.

Another crash I find quite suspicious is the one in Queens (?) right after 9/11...I think that one was covered up, too...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.

Just know one thing, I am the majority.

Adios amego's

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    I also remember this well (I was still living in NYC at the time). I've always been on the fence with this. On one hand, there is evidence that definitely points to something external but then on the other hand I've seen tons of documentaries that really do explain away what the witnesses saw as well as how the explosion actually could of happened (which seems really plausible to me).

The biggest thing though that makes me pause on it being an external reason for the explosion is basic human nature. If there really was an accidental missile strike (I firmly don't believe that anything leads itself to terrorism), I just feel there would of been way to many people involved to keep their mouths shut for all this time. I understand this is coming up now, but it just feels that if was a military exercise gone wrong, somehow somewhere that would of leaked out.
    This is from the OP article;

...Skeptics have long theorized that TWA Flight 800 was brought down by sinister forces.

They include Hank Hughes, who served as a senior accident investigator with the NTSB and helped reconstruct the aircraft. Others include Bob Young, a TWA investigator who participated in the investigation, and Jim Speer, an accident investigator for the Airline Pilots Association.

"These investigators were not allowed to speak to the public or refute any comments made by their superiors and/or NTSB and FBI officials about their work at the time of the official investigation," a news release announcing the documentary said.

"They waited until after retirement to reveal how the official conclusion by the (NTSB) was falsified and lay out their case."...

BBM

That's an impressive list of titles. If their titles are as important as they sound, then it gives me serious pause. If these guys are saying there was a coverup then there probably was.

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Night Fall by Nelson DeMille is an excellent fiction novel about TWA flight 800.
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    This is from the OP article;

...Skeptics have long theorized that TWA Flight 800 was brought down by sinister forces.

They include Hank Hughes, who served as a senior accident investigator with the NTSB and helped reconstruct the aircraft. Others include Bob Young, a TWA investigator who participated in the investigation, and Jim Speer, an accident investigator for the Airline Pilots Association.

"These investigators were not allowed to speak to the public or refute any comments made by their superiors and/or NTSB and FBI officials about their work at the time of the official investigation," a news release announcing the documentary said.

"They waited until after retirement to reveal how the official conclusion by the (NTSB) was falsified and lay out their case."...

BBM

That's an impressive list of titles. If their titles are as important as they sound, then it gives me serious pause. If these guys are saying there was a coverup then there probably was.
    Perhaps, we'll see. I wonder why something like this isn't being aired on a more mainstream channel.

Something I always found interesting was they (I assume both the NTSB and FBI) actually modelled what it would look and sound like if it actually was a missile that hit the plane (from exactly locations where the witnesses were) and no witness came close to describing what they saw as that.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    My thoughts as well although I think it was an accidental shoot down followed by a CYA. I was watching a cable news channel (MSNBC I think) that night and they mentioned right off that there were some sort of naval maneuvers going on out there at the time - then they soon quit mentioning that.

I suspect that the Navy or some other branch of service accidentally launched a missile that brought it down. Of course, they can't admit that even today because it would show the public how our government will so blatantly lie to its citizens and not for security reasons but to protect itself.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

17 years is an awfully long time to wait for the truth to come out. Is it they found out there's lots of money to be made with documentaries? I am very skeptical after hearing that the mermaid video was a mockumentary. I sorta remember seeing something about a missile, but I could have it mixed up with another crash. I just hope for the families that they get the truth and the whole truth. That's one thing that I'm sure the government is finding it harder and harder to hide things with all the technology today.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    My thoughts as well although I think it was an accidental shoot down followed by a CYA. I was watching a cable news channel (MSNBC I think) that night and they mentioned right off that there were some sort of naval maneuvers going on out there at the time - then they soon quit mentioning that.

I suspect that the Navy or some other branch of service accidentally launched a missile that brought it down. Of course, they can't admit that even today because it would show the public how our government will so blatantly lie to its citizens and not for security reasons but to protect itself.
    That's pretty close to what I think too.

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    17 years is an awfully long time to wait for the truth to come out. Is it they found out there's lots of money to be made with documentaries? I am very skeptical after hearing that the mermaid video was a mockumentary. I sorta remember seeing something about a missile, but I could have it mixed up with another crash. I just hope for the families that they get the truth and the whole truth. That's one thing that I'm sure the government is finding it harder and harder to hide things with all the technology today.
    These guys didn't want to come forward until they had retired.

I asked my parents what they thought about Flight 800, and they said to me: "If the plane was shot down, why didn't they just admit it? It was an accident, and I'm sure everyone would understand".

Okay, I really doubt the govt could admit they killed 230 people due to negligence immediately after it happened and not generate massive outrage. They would have to wait months/years for it lose some of its emotional effect, and then admit to everyone that oh wait, we shot it down even though we told you it was a mechanical malfunction (or whatever the reason was). Basically, My parents' hypothetical solution is way too simple and basic for such an event of this magnitude IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I asked my parents what they thought about Flight 800, and they said to me: "If the plane was shot down, why didn't they just admit it? It was an accident, and I'm sure everyone would understand".

Okay, I really doubt the govt could admit they killed 230 people due to negligence immediately after it happened and not generate massive outrage. They would have to wait months/years for it lose some of its emotional effect, and then admit to everyone that oh wait, we shot it down even though we told you it was a mechanical malfunction (or whatever the reason was). Basically, My parents' hypothetical solution is way too simple and basic for such an event of this magnitude IMO.
    We have a hard time admitting we shoot our own people in war. They call it friendly fire? I don't think that shooting and killing someone should be called friendly. We should just call it what it is accidental shooting. It seems lately they are getting busted a lot more than they use to with whistle blowing becoming acceptable. I'm hoping the up and coming generation will change things and we will just tell the truth from the beginning.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
    We have a hard time admitting we shoot our own people in war. They call it friendly fire? I don't think that shooting and killing someone should be called friendly. We should just call it what it is accidental shooting. It seems lately they are getting busted a lot more than they use to with whistle blowing becoming acceptable. I'm hoping the up and coming generation will change things and we will just tell the truth from the beginning.
    Exactly... I've often wondered -- how would we as citizens react if the administration were to step forward and say, "It's our fault, we messed up."

I would like to believe that as a nation we could acknowledge human error, lack of or incorrect judgment, loose screws, etc.... We demand the truth, we accuse our government of lying to us (which, yes, they do) -- but can they reveal the truth without inciting civil wars?

We all like to "think" and "say" what we would do in given situations, but come on -- the families of the 230 wouldn't take an "oops" for an explanation. Perhaps a few would look at it as their loved one having died for the country.

And... we all know how litigious Americans are...
    HOPING I CAN HELP
    but, what if .... ?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast