Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Man found decapitated, police suspect suicide

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern U.S.
    Posts
    2,900

    Man found decapitated, police suspect suicide

    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...suicide/nYNZh/

    Police say a woman who lives in the home found her husband dead in the garage.
    His hands and feet were tied and the body had been decapitated.
    Tulsa police told KRMG news the death was due to suicide.
    My posts are strictly MY opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error, or who may be offended because I do not see eye to eye with them on all matters related to this case. I hope our differences can be set aside as we unite in the search for this victim or the perpetrator of this crime. Your opinions and insights are just as valuable as mine.

    Make a difference. Read my story in the CAPER - Citizens Against Pedophile's Early Release Forum
    or visit http://noparole4pedophile.weebly.com/ for background on the case of Donald Scott Brunstetter, including photos, supporting documents, a blog, educational information, and resources/sources of help if you find yourself or a loved on in a similar situation.

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LisaB For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,544
    So...what? He hopped into a whirling blade?

    Ah...now I understand more after reading the comments below the story. So perhaps he hanged himself, and this was a result. Still, a poorly written story.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    738
    Horrific way to find your husband. Terrible article, makes barely any sense.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousGrace For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,909
    how do you tie your own hands?

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaborDayRN For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    So perhaps he hanged himself, and this was a result. Still, a poorly written story.
    It had to be a pretty long drop to take his head off! Maybe his garage has a 20' ceiling?

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    It had to be a pretty long drop to take his head off! Maybe his garage has a 20' ceiling?
    I think it can also happen if the rope is not knotted correctly, or tied correctly, but don't quote me on that.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,544
    Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    how do you tie your own hands?
    Kind of reminds me of that census taker in Kentucky. That they found hanging, with hands tied and things written on his body.

    I'll have to go look for that story.

    But getting back to your original question...maybe he used his teeth? (Not trying to be funny.)

    Census taker story:
    http://www.columbiatribune.com/wire/...9f220d73c.html

    ETA: this story doesn't say it, but I thought they'd ruled it was a suicide. Back to looking....

    This article says he committed suicide because he thought his lymphoma, which had been treated previously, had returned. More details in the article:
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...-suicide_N.htm

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    738
    The whole thing makes no sense to me.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CuriousGrace For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,937
    The ratio of body weight to rope length answers why one ends up decapitated from a hanging. There is something called a Table of Drops out there that gives you the precise numbers for what rope length to use, per weight of a person.

    But then again, if this isn't a botched hanging, there is the chance that he did what others have done in the past: brought himself down on a table/circular saw to accomplish the deed. Either way it goes, I am sure his poor wife has been traumatized beyond belief, by what she saw...

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    how do you tie your own hands?
    That's what I was thinking, this whole story left me
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

    "From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

    "What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lilachaze For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    But then again, if this isn't a botched hanging, there is the chance that he did what others have done in the past: brought himself down on a table/circular saw to accomplish the deed.
    Suicides have also decapitated themselves by placing their necks on a rail as a train approaches.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

    Stan Reid

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STANDREID For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860

    OK - Woman finds husband dead in garage, feet bound, decapitated. Suicide??

    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...FSf3gsBHA.cspx


    Tulsa police say a woman came home to find her husband dead in the garage.

    Police said the man was found with his hands and feet bound and he had been decapitated. Police surrounded the home near 45th & Sheridan during the investigation.

    Police told FOX23 the death was suicide. FOX23 has spoken to the family and is honoring their request for privacy.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...FSf3gsBHA.cspx


    Tulsa police say a woman came home to find her husband dead in the garage.

    Police said the man was found with his hands and feet bound and he had been decapitated. Police surrounded the home near 45th & Sheridan during the investigation.

    Police told FOX23 the death was suicide. FOX23 has spoken to the family and is honoring their request for privacy.
    Wow, that is awful. I would need a few more, or a lot more, details to find the idea of suicide plausible.

  26. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to waitin'4thewrld2chg For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,583
    I read about this elsewhere, but can't remember where. Call it a rumor then, but the man hanged himself, and that is how he was decapitated. Now, how he did it all with his hands tied (in front or in back? Dunno) who knows? IIRC, his head wasn't completely detached.

    Am I going to hate myself for posting this? LOL, this account is as best I can remember, and my memory is not what it used to be.

  28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to teedie2 For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...FSf3gsBHA.cspx


    Tulsa police say a woman came home to find her husband dead in the garage.

    Police said the man was found with his hands and feet bound and he had been decapitated. Police surrounded the home near 45th & Sheridan during the investigation.

    Police told FOX23 the death was suicide. FOX23 has spoken to the family and is honoring their request for privacy.
    Read comments - too much drop
    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...suicide/nYNZh/

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SophieRose For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Yeah that happened to at least one of the Iraqi Gov official that was hung. That is why executioners using the rope need to refer to the British Hanging Guide which specified rope lengths based on weight.

    Rope is too long and the head can pop off, rope is too short and they die of slow strangulation instead of a broken neck.

  32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    282
    I get how you can bind your own feet... but how would you bind your own hands?

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HawksGirl For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by HawksGirl View Post
    I get how you can bind your own feet... but how would you bind your own hands?
    Grab a roll of duct tape or a pair of handcuffs or a piece of rope and try.

    It isn't that hard to do.

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,356
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieRose View Post
    Also in the comments that the woman is the sheriff's girlfriend.

    IDK I still have trouble buying suicide. Too much drop could only be an answer if he was dropping from 2 or more stories. Or if he used something like a wire to make the noose. Though the suggestion that he tied himself to the chair then dropped and the added weight caused the decapitation is intriguing. Though I am not sure how a man could tie himself to a chair, climb up and maneuver into the drop. That seems pretty awkward.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    28,932
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaB View Post
    http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...suicide/nYNZh/

    Police say a woman who lives in the home found her husband dead in the garage.
    His hands and feet were tied and the body had been decapitated.
    Tulsa police told KRMG news the death was due to suicide.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    how do you tie your own hands?
    Exactly, how do you tie your own hands?

    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    So...what? He hopped into a whirling blade?

    Ah...now I understand more after reading the comments below the story. So perhaps he hanged himself, and this was a result. Still, a poorly written story.
    Still, how did he tie his hands.
    Buttons updated 10-30-2014 Special Looney Tunes Edition



    Made by HD ----->



  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    IDK I still have trouble buying suicide. Too much drop could only be an answer if he was dropping from 2 or more stories.
    According to the hanging charts decapitation (or partial) can occur with an 8 foot drop of the person is 200 lbs or more.

    A century ago they shorted the standard drop length likely because that is exactly what was happening. Still seems surprising for inside a garage though.

    Old drop vs modern drop rope lengths:
    14.0 stone (196 lb, 89 kg) 8 ft 0 in (244 cm) 5 ft 5 in (165 cm)
    13.5 stone (189 lb, 86 kg) 8 ft 2 in (249 cm) 5 ft 6 in (168 cm)
    13.0 stone (182 lb, 82¾kg) 8 ft 4 in (254 cm) 5 ft 8 in (173 cm)
    12.5 stone (175 lb, 79½kg) 8 ft 6 in (259 cm) 5 ft 11 in (180 cm)

    http://www.syzdekistan.com/2007/01/1...arzan-hussein/

  42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Grab a roll of duct tape or a pair of handcuffs or a piece of rope and try.

    It isn't that hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    According to the hanging charts decapitation (or partial) can occur with an 8 foot drop of the person is 200 lbs or more.

    A century ago they shorted the standard drop length likely because that is exactly what was happening. Still seems surprising for inside a garage though.

    Old drop vs modern drop rope lengths:
    Sonya, can I ask what you do for a living? You are a keeper of some rather "dark" information, lol -- doesn't bother me in the least, just find it intriguing and had to ask!!
    HOPING I CAN HELP
    but, what if .... ?

  44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hopingicanhelp For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by hopingicanhelp View Post
    Sonya, can I ask what you do for a living? You are a keeper of some rather "dark" information, lol -- doesn't bother me in the least, just find it intriguing and had to ask!!
    My bits of weird knowledge are not job related. I just happen to have a good memory for weird death related topics and on the interwebs there are lots of places to research and lots of likeminded people sharing information.

  46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS7Y6...embedded#at=17

    My thoughts are that someone that bounds their hands together (and/or feet) prior to committing suicide does so because they want to make sure they complete the suicide and not panic and try to save themselves.

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS7Y6...embedded#at=17

    My thoughts are that someone that bounds their hands together (and/or feet) prior to committing suicide does so because they want to make sure they complete the suicide and not panic and try to save themselves.
    Good video.

    And your theory is sound. The very long drop plus binding feet and hands etc.... No chance to back out. Seems like a bit of "overkill" if you ask me, but still a sound theory. The guy in the video mentions insurance payout....if that was the whole idea it was just plain stupid.

  50. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonya610 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:15 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:17 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 07:49 PM
  5. Pasadena woman found stabbed, decapitated
    By Casshew in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 02:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •