1290 users online (234 members and 1056 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I know why they just leave they story they way they did but it sounds as if she ran away and that is not true. The media did not want to embarass the girl by releasing her name as a rape victim but still could have found a way to say that she was abducted. This poor child is lucky to be alive but will likely suffer from the repercussions for years. These men deserve the ultimate penalty. I am so sick of pedophiles.

Well ????

While,I more than 100% agree, these sick men and all like them, need to have the book thrown at them, and serve the maximum time in prison...Life if it was up to me...
    she was NOT abducted... first she ran away from her grandparents home, after having a fight with her mom and went to the bus stop alone ??? to meet a 15 year old boy she had met on the internet (a VERY BAD and UNSAFE thing to do in the first place) what were her Mom/Grandparents thinking by not stopping her from trying to meet this 15 year old anyhow ??? and why let her walk alone anywhere, remember Carlie Brucia ??? anyhow, while she was standing at a bus stop waiting for a bus, to go meet that (said to be 15 year old boy, could have turned out to be a MAN pretending to be a boy) these 2 men, asked her if she wanted a ride instead, and this young, (apparently not taught better) girl said YES and went willingly with the two adult men, so technically they can not be charged with abduction ???

Oops forgot this !

Oh, and oh yeah, if they are refusing to release the girls name because she was raped and such... then how do they explain Previously releasing her name as
    Nicole Horton
    http://www.wesh.com/news/4321823/detail.html
    most people already know who was missing ... and her whole community has already been told about her, and questioned about her being missing... so how would they now forget who she was .... crazy... Lol
    I hope and pray that they get REALLY REALLY good counseling for her, and that the mom / grandparents no longer keep such careless control on her, in the future.

I would disagree...even if she initially went with them willingly, I still think they can and should be charged. I cannot find the legal definition for abduction according to Florida Statute but I did find this:

Although the laws defining Legal Definition Non-Family Abductions vary from state to state, in general, such abductions are defined as the coerced and unauthorized taking of a child into a building, a vehicle, or a distance of more than 20 feet; the detention of a child for a period of more than an hour; or the luring of a child for the purposes of committing another crime. Many short-term abductions take place during the commission of another crime, such as sexual assault.

If that definition holds true then she was abducted...either way, I will leave it up the the prosecutors to decide. Yes, the girl was in the wrong for running away, but that in no way gives anyone the right to sexually assault her. She will be scarred for life because of this.

When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by richandfamous
    Fox said she was a runaway and was in another county and that these two men were seen abducting her there! So, just because she is a runaway first and then is kidnapped she should be punished by not being considered an amber alert?????

did that make sense?

It doesn't make sense to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by BldWhtRose
    anyhow, while she was standing at a bus stop waiting for a bus, to go meet that (said to be 15 year old boy, could have turned out to be a MAN pretending to be a boy) these 2 men, asked her if she wanted a ride instead, and this young, (apparently not taught better) girl said YES and went willingly with the two adult men, so technically they can not be charged with abduction ???

They'll be charged with kidnapping. And, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if they cross the state line, the FBI will get involved.

As soon as she said I want to get out or let me go, it became an abduction. Maybe even as soon as they intended NOT to take her where she asked to go. These are 30+ year old men that preyed upon a vulnerable 12 year old child that was angry with the world and ready to do something stupid to get back at it. We have all been 12 and in those shoes. Surely, that does not give a couple pedophiles a free pass to rape and drug a preteen on a bad day. I just do not think that children have the ability to see danger for what it is worth and that is why they are a protected class of citizens. We can NEVER assume they have given consent to go somewhere at the age of 9 or 12, they do not have the ability to consent.
    Amber Alerts may have saved Joshua Corriveau and Jessica Lunsford, we were lucky this child lived. If we are going to claim they are to young to consent then they are too young, issue the Amber Alert and find these kids right away!!!!!!

in an effort to better educate our children on the immediate danger they can put themselves in, is to trust a stranger. our children should now be educated at the school age of the dangers of sexual preditors and how to react if they are approached. seems a little extreme, but the world is becoming a much different place than it was during the time I grew up. waiting for better laws to take care of this problem is the direction we all want, meanwhile our children are being abducted and murdered, we must educate them of this danger at a early age, there should be a actual course in it to train our children. a child is a mear object to a sexual preditor, and not thought of as someones child.

Not what I meant

Okay guys,
    When I stated earlier, that this was not a case of an abduction because the girl went willingly... I was not by any means saying she wanted to be attacked, or willingly allowed them to rape her, or that it was in any way her fault , or that she deserved it, like a few of you have stated... sorry you took it wrong...
    No one , at any age, in any circumstance deserves to be sexually assaulted, I know, I am a prior victim myself.
    What I was saying/doing is responding to a post that someone had previously put up addressing their anger that it was being reported in the media as a run away and not an abduction, all I was doing was trying to clear up that posters confusion and stating the facts, that the reason it was not in the media as an abduction and was stated to be a run away was because intially the girl ran away from her grandparents home, after a fight with her mother, went to catch a bus, and willingly got into these 2 adults mens car, after they asked her if she wanted a ride, they did not grab her or force her to go... so it could not be considered an abduction, by technical terms for the media coverage anyhow. sorry you guys misunderstood and thought I was saying she deserved it, I do not think she or anyone did/does.... I do however question the choices the parents/grandparents allowed her to make, by allowing her to leave the house ALONE (she is only 12) to go to a bus stop, and then to go MEET a boy who was said to be 15, whom she had talked to on the internet (that is VERY unsafe , everyday offenders pose online as youngsters to get these girls to come meet them, so they can rape/molest sometimes murder them, you never know until it is too late) after all the cases we hear of daily (not to mention, those we don't) we should all be smart enough by now to NOT EVER allow our children to go alone to public places (remember Carlie Brucia) and it seems now a days we can not even trust the children alone in their own yards/houses/beds or with friends and family members, everyone should be suspect. But no matter what happens the children/victims are NEVER EVER to blame. Hope you now understand my original post better, and that I did not offend anyone.

bldwhtrose...no offense taken here

I just wanted it to be clear that it can be considered abduction even if someone does go willingly. I'm not sure her granparents let her go...it is my understanding that she got angry with the grandparents and left. Sometimes it isn't easy to stop a person, and this girl was the size of a grown woman (I believe I read she was 5'4" and 120 lbs) I agree nobody should let a child go out alone, even at 12, heck even at 16 they are vulnerable. It's just so sad that we have creeps like this preying upon them in vulnerable situations.
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3