681 users online (85 members and 596 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Texas Equusearch founder questions future following thefts

HOUSTON -- The founder and director of Texas Equusearch is questioning the organization’s future after two big thefts in one week.

Tim Miller says he’s found himself at a painful crossroad as the hits keep coming.

On Tuesday afternoon, Equusearch members were eating lunch at a Golden Corral after a search in north Houston. When they came out of restaurant, off of Gulf Freeway and Fuqua, their van and trailer were gone.

“My daughter who was abducted and everything, he’s Laura’s boyfriend,” said Miller. “What a discredit and shame he gave to my daughter’s name.”

The loss of his daughter back in 1984 is what has fueled Miller’s crusade to bring the missing home. Now, her former boyfriend is facing felony charges, including credit and debit card abuse.

Miller says he charged at least $4,000 to the Equusearch account without permission.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texas...212090851.html

So sad this would happen to this wonderful organization.....

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

06/19/13 — Please be on the lookout for the equipment pictured above. Long-time members Jan and Alvin Tipps had been on a search yesterday. After the search, the Tipps stopped at the Golden Corral located at 12500 Gulf Freeway (Fuqua St), Houston, TX 77034. They came out of the restaurant after only being in there a short time at approximately 1:25 p.m. To their horror, they realized that all of their search equipment had been stolen. This consisted, in part, of their van, trailer, 2 ATVs and all of their search gear inside of the van. As of this morning at 8:20 a.m., none of the stolen equipment has been recovered

http://texasequusearch.org/2013/06/l...tims-of-theft/

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

"“A lot of stuff, the van, the trailer, the 4 wheelers, the equipment inside the van. I’m speechless,” said Tim Miller.
    Tim Miller says the theft is a $40,000 dollar blow to the organization."

Infuriating.

I've never seen it. But is the van or trailer marked, does it say Texas Equusearch on it?

It might help if we could find a picture of the truck and/or trailer and the license plate numbers.

If we could find it, is there any way to make it go viral? Maybe making a missing flyer type of thing?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Casey A and family have ruined everyone they touched or even came near. I'm so sorry TM and family and searches, that this has happened. I hope you find your equip, or at least insurance will recover or recoup. Never lose hope. I know how hard it is to hear that; even I want to lose hope at times. We all do. Don't lose hope Tim Miller. What you've done with your life after all you've lost is huge. Don't give up.
    Dont Be A Sheep

Did they leave the keys in the van? I'm curious. And I'm sure insurance will cover this theft won't it?
    Dont Be A Sheep

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Did they leave the keys in the van? I'm curious. And I'm sure insurance will cover this theft won't it?
    I don't know about their ins. But my ins. will only pay for what is permanently installed on a vehicle. Not add ons or contents. So the van, yeah probably. The trailer and all the equipment, that would be questionable.

I would think that ins. would have to cover the Van. The 4 wheelers are most probably insured also. This is a horrible and tragic thing, but I would think some of the loss can be recovered through the ins. Personally I am more amazed that someone would walk into a parking lot and steal a vehicle hauling a trailer with 4 wheelers. Do not misunderstand, I do not doubt for a second that this is what actually happened, I am simply shocked. That took some nerve........
    Debora Sue Lowe - Age 13, missing from Pompano, FL since February 29, 1972 (Leap Year)
    Missing Child Haunts Family Nearly 40 Years Later - 9/19/2011
    White Female
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5’6″
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Debbie is believed to have been a victim of the serial killer Gerard John Schaefer Jr. He was convicted of only two murders in the 1970s but is believed to be responsible for the murders and disappearances of many other girls and young women in the 60s and 70s, including Wendy Stevenson, Peggy Rahn ,Carmen Hallock, Pamela Nater and Nancy Leichner in 1966.

• Everything I write is JMHO and NO OFFENSE is INTENDED

I'm speechless. Who had the nerve to drive away in that big van with the trailer in the middle of the day? It's Houston, cars everywhere. Have there been no reported sightings? What a darn shame! And the day after the thief is arrested. Coincidence?
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

I just read this on FB and my jaw hit the floor

How awful.

One saving grace is, that's a very unusual looking van. If they can get enough media coverage, someone will spot it.

Prayers for Tim Miller, and Equusearch. What a blow.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ch-4609691.php

"Miller told of receiving a call at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday from the family of a young woman missing in Louisiana, and said that for the first time ever he had to tell the family there was nothing EquuSearch could do.

"Maybe some kindhearted person out there will remember all the good things we did and will step up and help us out a bit," Miller said. "Or maybe it's God's way of saying, 'You all have done a good job and now it's time to do something else.' 

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    Casey A and family have ruined everyone they touched or even came near. I'm so sorry TM and family and searches, that this has happened. I hope you find your equip, or at least insurance will recover or recoup. Never lose hope. I know how hard it is to hear that; even I want to lose hope at times. We all do. Don't lose hope Tim Miller. What you've done with your life after all you've lost is huge. Don't give up.
    What does the A. Family have to do with this? Tia

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast