TX - Texas Equusearch founder questions future following thefts

tk71texas

wth is wrong with people today
Reaction score
HOUSTON -- The founder and director of Texas Equusearch is questioning the organization’s future after two big thefts in one week.

Tim Miller says he’s found himself at a painful crossroad as the hits keep coming.

On Tuesday afternoon, Equusearch members were eating lunch at a Golden Corral after a search in north Houston. When they came out of restaurant, off of Gulf Freeway and Fuqua, their van and trailer were gone.

“My daughter who was abducted and everything, he’s Laura’s boyfriend,” said Miller. “What a discredit and shame he gave to my daughter’s name.”

The loss of his daughter back in 1984 is what has fueled Miller’s crusade to bring the missing home. Now, her former boyfriend is facing felony charges, including credit and debit card abuse.

Miller says he charged at least $4,000 to the Equusearch account without permission.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Texa...stions-future-following-thefts-212090851.html

So sad this would happen to this wonderful organization..... :banghead:

06/19/13 — Please be on the lookout for the equipment pictured above. Long-time members Jan and Alvin Tipps had been on a search yesterday. After the search, the Tipps stopped at the Golden Corral located at 12500 Gulf Freeway (Fuqua St), Houston, TX 77034. They came out of the restaurant after only being in there a short time at approximately 1:25 p.m. To their horror, they realized that all of their search equipment had been stolen. This consisted, in part, of their van, trailer, 2 ATVs and all of their search gear inside of the van. As of this morning at 8:20 a.m., none of the stolen equipment has been recovered

http://texasequusearch.org/2013/06/long-time-members-jan-and-alvin-tipps-victims-of-theft/

"“A lot of stuff, the van, the trailer, the 4 wheelers, the equipment inside the van. I’m speechless,” said Tim Miller.
Tim Miller says the theft is a $40,000 dollar blow to the organization."

Infuriating.

I've never seen it. But is the van or trailer marked, does it say Texas Equusearch on it?

It might help if we could find a picture of the truck and/or trailer and the license plate numbers.

If we could find it, is there any way to make it go viral? Maybe making a missing flyer type of thing?

Casey A and family have ruined everyone they touched or even came near. I'm so sorry TM and family and searches, that this has happened. I hope you find your equip, or at least insurance will recover or recoup. Never lose hope. I know how hard it is to hear that; even I want to lose hope at times. We all do. Don't lose hope Tim Miller. What you've done with your life after all you've lost is huge. Don't give up.
:grouphug:

Did they leave the keys in the van? I'm curious. And I'm sure insurance will cover this theft won't it?

9143923_448x252.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2007/_video_wn_images/9143923_448x252.jpg

Did they leave the keys in the van? I'm curious. And I'm sure insurance will cover this theft won't it?

I don't know about their ins. But my ins. will only pay for what is permanently installed on a vehicle. Not add ons or contents. So the van, yeah probably. The trailer and all the equipment, that would be questionable.

I would think that ins. would have to cover the Van. The 4 wheelers are most probably insured also. This is a horrible and tragic thing, but I would think some of the loss can be recovered through the ins. Personally I am more amazed that someone would walk into a parking lot and steal a vehicle hauling a trailer with 4 wheelers. Do not misunderstand, I do not doubt for a second that this is what actually happened, I am simply shocked. That took some nerve........

I'm speechless. Who had the nerve to drive away in that big van with the trailer in the middle of the day? It's Houston, cars everywhere. Have there been no reported sightings? What a darn shame! And the day after the thief is arrested. Coincidence?

How awful.

One saving grace is, that's a very unusual looking van. If they can get enough media coverage, someone will spot it.

Prayers for Tim Miller, and Equusearch. What a blow.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Volunteer-accused-of-stealing-from-EquuSearch-4609691.php

"Miller told of receiving a call at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday from the family of a young woman missing in Louisiana, and said that for the first time ever he had to tell the family there was nothing EquuSearch could do.

"Maybe some kindhearted person out there will remember all the good things we did and will step up and help us out a bit," Miller said. "Or maybe it's God's way of saying, 'You all have done a good job and now it's time to do something else.' 

Casey A and family have ruined everyone they touched or even came near. I'm so sorry TM and family and searches, that this has happened. I hope you find your equip, or at least insurance will recover or recoup. Never lose hope. I know how hard it is to hear that; even I want to lose hope at times. We all do. Don't lose hope Tim Miller. What you've done with your life after all you've lost is huge. Don't give up.
:grouphug:

What does the A. Family have to do with this? Tia

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Volunteer-accused-of-stealing-from-EquuSearch-4609691.php

"Miller told of receiving a call at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday from the family of a young woman missing in Louisiana, and said that for the first time ever he had to tell the family there was nothing EquuSearch could do.

"Maybe some kindhearted person out there will remember all the good things we did and will step up and help us out a bit," Miller said. "Or maybe it's God's way of saying, 'You all have done a good job and now it's time to do something else.' 

this breaks my heart

Is there a thread on WS for Laura Miller?

Poor man, so much loss and now this betrayal..

I'm guessing an audit will be conducted to see if this individual caused any more damage to this wonderful organization. It's horrible to think of the ramifications that could hurt the search for missing people.

Texas Equusearch finds reason for hope after devastating theft

Although still dazed by news of an alleged theft by a trusted friend, Texas Equusearch founder and director Tim Miller said he's starting to regain hope for the search and recovery group's future.

On Thursday, a benefactor met with Miller to donate $3,000, with a promise of $3,000 more if the group can match it.

"It was very touching and moving," Miller said of his meeting with Randy Hartley, a retired sales manager.

"I really didn't want to take his money," Miller said. "It's hard for me to do that. We don't ask anybody for anything. It's kind of embarrassing and humbling and all the other emotions that go along with it."

Asked if there was any time limit to raise the matching $3,000, Hartley said no.

"But he's going to get the $3,000 real quick, anyway," Hartley said with confidence.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...earch-finds-reason-for-hope-after-4612788.php

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back