KS - Agents race to save girl had one blurred clue

Welcome and thank you Jim. That is amazing!

Welcome to Websleuths, Jim. Thank you so much for the good work you do.

Hi Jim and welcome to WS! Congrats for making the save. And thank you for the work you do.

I know it isn't easy, and you probably don't get many thanks for the work you do and the horrors you see. But you do a job that is very needed and though you may not know it, many people do see and give thanks for the work you do.

You and your colleagues are heroes in my mind.

Thanks Jim for posting your story here. I actually read it on CNN before I saw it posted here on this site.

I live in KS and thought wow this could be close to where I live and wasn't even aware of it. I don't think I have noticed KS rode's being marked with a sunflower sign before. They may be and I am just not an observant driver.

Thanks for your very insightful story and keep up the great work. Glad you are helping young children from these monsters out there.

Boots on the ground, Jim...boots on the ground.

Thanks for that story Jim. It is so good to know that your guys are so dedicated and so determined to find these children.

you guys and gals are what gives many of us hope

thank you

Such an uplifting story! It's great to hear that sometimes these precious little darlings can be saved before the worst can happen.

Excellent work! Thank you so much for sharing, Jim. :)

Thank you for the welcomes and reaction to the story. The CNN story tells of just one specific case (our first one after starting the program). There is a great international collaborative effort to conduct victim identification efforts like what you see in the video. I owe a great debt of gratitude to many of those international partners, our HSI offices and state and local partners.

-Jim

With the hundreds of children you and your people have saved and almost 1000 pedos no longer free to exploit other children, 'thanks' hardly seems enough.

Jim - if it's alright, could you offer us your point of view on how large the child *advertiser censored* industry actually is, in terms of numbers of offenders out there?

And, assuming from the sheer volume of busts that have occurred in the past ten years - why there's so many pedophiles these days? Or have there always been that many, but the internet and increased number of arrests just makes them more visible now?

While I'm beyond glad every time I hear of another child *advertiser censored* ring busted, it also scares me to wonder how big this 'industry' actually might be.

Welcome, Jim.

Thank you so very, very much. We appreciate you guys and gals.

Jim anytime you need to get info to the public to try to locate, let us know.

As a matter of fact you may want to talk to the owner and set something up to make it more 'formal.' That could streamline the process.

This was such an amazing and uplifting story. It just goes to show how when people are determined to do something, miracles can happen. Welcome to WS, Jim, and thanks for sharing!

:welcome4:

Jim - if it's alright, could you offer us your point of view on how large the child *advertiser censored* industry actually is, in terms of numbers of offenders out there?

And, assuming from the sheer volume of busts that have occurred in the past ten years - why there's so many pedophiles these days? Or have there always been that many, but the internet and increased number of arrests just makes them more visible now?

While I'm beyond glad every time I hear of another child *advertiser censored* ring busted, it also scares me to wonder how big this 'industry' actually might be.

Ausgirl, It's very hard to put numbers on something like this but I can tell you we and all of our partners are extremely busy.

I think pedophilia is something that has been around for centuries but the advent of the Internet has done several things to bring it more out in the open. One it has allowed pedophiles to find others of a like mind, communicate with others and validate their pedophilia. It has also created an easy way to share exploitation material across vast distances in the blink of an eye.

As we see countries become more tech enabled we see more instances of child *advertiser censored* crimes in those countries so it appears to be something that is everywhere but coming into the light as technology enables the abusers and traders to become connected.

Jim

Ausgirl, It's very hard to put numbers on something like this but I can tell you we and all of our partners are extremely busy.

I think pedophilia is something that has been around for centuries but the advent of the Internet has done several things to bring it more out in the open. One it has allowed pedophiles to find others of a like mind, communicate with others and validate their pedophilia. It has also created an easy way to share exploitation material across vast distances in the blink of an eye.

As we see countries become more tech enabled we see more instances of child *advertiser censored* crimes in those countries so it appears to be something that is everywhere but coming into the light as technology enables the abusers and traders to become connected.

Jim
Not long ago I was discussing with my psychologist my fear that crimes of pedophilia seemed to be escalating. His professional opinion was that it's been around forever but that we're just hearing about it more due to modern technology. He felt that these criminals are actually getting caught a lot more often these days. Of course, I hope he's right because society needs to put an end to this sickening behavior. The sub-humans who harm our children need to be strung up by their thumbs.

I recently read some articles that validated what Jim said- the rise of the internet and other media have validated and given easy access to pedophiles.

Just for the sake of an example: let's look at regular adult *advertiser censored*. Back in the old days- men would buy dirty books and magazines from specialized booksellers who had them hidden in some back room. Men would have to be brave enough to ask, let alone travel to that location. Then they have a book or mag or two. They might not have ever gotten the gumption to buy a second. Maybe they traded what they had for other stuff. They might have saved up cash to travel to the city to a "club" to have a special show. All that is a lot of time and money- but now in 10 min of internet time you can get more than some of these old timers got their lifetime!
This level of easy access feeds my worry about desensitization. Let's say someone has a mild desire to see child *advertiser censored*. But instead of one image, they are able to access 1000s. After awhile their addiction grows and grows and isn't fed anymore by mere pictures.

I have no idea how this can be stopped.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back