GUILTY MI - Robert Cipriano, 52, beaten to death, Farmington Hills, 16 April 2012

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Friends, family gather to pray for Farmington Hills family

19-year-old son, his friend accused of beating father to death, beating mother, brother

Published On: Apr 16 2012 10:59:30 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 17 2012 09:22:52 AM EDT

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. -
Every seat was taken Monday night at St. Fabian Catholic Church in Farmington Hills.

The church is where the Cipriano family worships and where friends and family gathered to pray for the entire family.

Bob and Rose Cipriano were active at St. Fabian. Bob coached basketball in the Catholic Youth League.

"We ask the Lord to help the Cipriano family in this time of agony and distress," he said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ily/-/4714498/10942590/-/k481u9z/-/index.html

April 17, 2012 at 9:22 am

Mother, son remain in critical condition in Farmington Hills attack
By Francis X. Donnelly, Mike Martindale and Laura Phelps
The Detroit News

Farmington Hills— A mother and son remain in critical condition Tuesday, a day after being attacked in their home by two intruders wielding baseball bats.

Rose Cipriano, 51, and her son, Salvatore, 17, are at Botsford Hospital following a brutal attack Monday that left them injured and Robert Cipriano, 52, Rose's husband and Salvatore's father, dead...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120417/METRO02/204170383#ixzz1sJ6hRcmA

How incredibly tragic. Praying mom and son recover. Lots of prayers for this family.

This reminds me of a recent case in Louisiana... the son beat the parents to death and hosted a party afterwards... how incredibly sad.

This shows what drugs do to a person. Drugs kill, one way or the other.

How terribly sad the entire family has to pay the price of one of their own's undoing.

Prayers to the friends and family. May Mr. Cipriano RIP.

fran
:rose:

Charges expected Wednesday in deadly Farmington Hills beating case

Bob Cipriano killed, 2 others in critical condition after they're attacked with baseball bat

Published On: Apr 17 2012 12:10:49 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 17 2012 03:50:57 PM EDT

Farmington Hills police and the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office say no charges would be issued in the case of the Cipriano family attack until Wednesday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...case/-/4714498/10954032/-/p5ad5j/-/index.html

This sort of family tragedy is just devastating. It rocks me to my core because I believe there but for the Grace of God go I. Substance abuse and mental illness can wreck havoc on otherwise normal loving families. I believe as parents we can do everything right, and still fall tragically short of the American ideal. I have no clue what the answer is. I can only weep for families who are just like mine, yet in one terrible moment, the world is over as they knew it. The Cipriano family statement was so sad, yet it sounds like they have a large clan to draw support from. I pray the survivors are surrounded with love and Grace as they try to heal from the wounds that are seen and unseen. Bless them all.

This reminds me of a recent case in Louisiana... the son beat the parents to death and hosted a party afterwards... how incredibly sad.
Got a link? :) I'm interested.

I searched and could not find it. :(

The one I know of is in FL.

Thanks

Apologies for the off topic/derail.

This is such a horrible violent attack! My neice & nephew live near Cipriano's& went to school w/ some of the kids. They are devestated not only at the tragic loss of life but for what this made them see & what the whole community is feeling.
I can't watch this story or look at the perps picture. It reminds me of too many families going thru the same thing right now. I am truly afraid for other parents. I can't let my young son see that this is what some children do to their parents!
I'm praying mom & son recover.I'm praying for the other siblings that at this moment have a great father dead & their precious mother & brother lying in critical condition & 1 brother in jail for doing this to them. Oh my God, what they witnessed & the fear they felt.

Cipriano family releases statement about Monday's assaults

The Cipriano and Trahan families wish to express our heartfelt appreciation for the community of support, love and prayers that have been so present in our lives these past two days. We are a large family and are gathering from all over the country to be here to support Rose and Salvatore. As we work to cope with the reality that in an instant changed all of our lives, we are grateful for the compassion and competence that we have experienced in working with the Farmington Hills Police Department. Botsford Hospital has provided excellent medical care for our family, kept us informed and has answered any and all of our questions.
At this time while we recognize the concern of the public we ask that you recognize and respect our need for privacy.
Updates will be managed through the Community Relations department of Botsford Hospital. We will be in contact with them on a regular basis and have requested that they manage all inquiries.
Our family members continue to be in critical condition. We continue to pray for their recovery and welcome your thoughts and prayers as well. Thank you.
-The Cipriano and Trahan Families

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...seball-bat-attack-in-their-home#ixzz1sPZ95tg7

State suspends probation officer of son accused in Farmington Hills attack

Cipriano did not show up for an appointment April 5 with his probation officer, and his whereabouts were unknown. He last met with probation officers March 15, Marlan said.

"They have to begin an investigation to locate (the offender) within two days of a missed report," Marlan said. "If you can't find somebody, you're supposed to go ask the judge for a warrant. There's a lot of supervision standards that all of our agents are to comply with. This agent was suspended while we investigate whether or not the supervision standards were met."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/METRO02/204180365#ixzz1sPZlMlsp

Does Adoption Detail Belong in Murder Story?

To the Editor:

After reading the article about the brutal attack on the Cipriano family, my stomach was in knots and my heart truly goes out to all of them. I could not believe that a boy I had gone to school with for years was capable of committing such a heinous act. The story is heartbreaking and I do not intend to demean it in anyway by saying that there is another tragedy involved here. The media has chosen to relay irrelevant information in the developing story that may be seemingly unimportant, but could cause prejudiced ideas to circulate.

With that being said, all stories should be reported accurately and with as much detail as possible, but not at the expense of others. Frankly, I am offended that his adoption was deemed acceptable to include in the story. I am also shocked that there was not more consideration put into this matter by the professionals who aired the story.

full article at link ................... http://farmington-mi.patch.com/arti...y-adoption-reference-in-cipriano-murder-story

Son, 2nd Man Charged In Fatal Farmington Hills Bat Attack

April 18, 2012 1:40 PM

FARMINGTON HILLS (WWJ/AP) – A 19-year old Farmington Hills man has been charged with first degree murder in the baseball bat beating death of his father.

Tucker Robert Cipriano and 20-year-old Mitchell Jordan Young have each been charged with one count of first degree premeditated murder and one count of first degree felony murder in the death of Robert Cipriano, who was killed Monday night at his family home...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04/18/son-2nd-man-charged-in-fatal-farmington-hills-bat-attack/

Tragic story, how very sad.
Much prayers needed all for this family.

Breaks my heart to read this.
Amen.

Goz

What a horrible tragedy :(

I can't seem to find any updates on the mother and brother.

Prayers for this family.

Friends, family gather to pray for Farmington Hills family

19-year-old son, his friend accused of beating father to death, beating mother, brother

Published On: Apr 16 2012 10:59:30 PM EDT Updated On: Apr 17 2012 09:22:52 AM EDT

Every seat was taken Monday night at St. Fabian Catholic Church in Farmington Hills.

The church is where the Cipriano family worships and where friends and family gathered to pray for the entire family.

Bob and Rose Cipriano were active at St. Fabian. Bob coached basketball in the Catholic Youth League.

"We ask the Lord to help the Cipriano family in this time of agony and distress," he said...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ily/-/4714498/10942590/-/k481u9z/-/index.html

April 17, 2012 at 9:22 am

Mother, son remain in critical condition in Farmington Hills attack
By Francis X. Donnelly, Mike Martindale and Laura Phelps
The Detroit News

Farmington Hills— A mother and son remain in critical condition Tuesday, a day after being attacked in their home by two intruders wielding baseball bats.

Rose Cipriano, 51, and her son, Salvatore, 17, are at Botsford Hospital following a brutal attack Monday that left them injured and Robert Cipriano, 52, Rose's husband and Salvatore's father, dead...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120417/METRO02/204170383#ixzz1sJ6hRcmA

Bette - Do you know if the trial will be live-streaming? Will anyone on Websleuths be following? Jury selection starts this morning. Thanks, Bette.

Bette - Do you know if the trial will be live-streaming? Will anyone on Websleuths be following? Jury selection starts this morning. Thanks, Bette.

I'm not Bette, but I'd also like to know if it will be live-streaming. I'm just looking around clickondetroit.com right now, catching up on this case and came across this good video, "Cipriano Murder: The Events Leading Up to Now".

If I find that clickondetroit is going to have a livestream, I'll let you know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back