741 users online (84 members and 657 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First news reports

Reports are trickling in. Absolutely no info other than she was Bipolar and it was accidental. NO drugs found in her system?!?

How did they get from Bipolar to Accident with no further supporting evidence? They took all this time to tell us what everyone knew from her Tumblr account?

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...ng_bipolar.php

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...212363761.html

I guess I need to read up on Bipolar disorder. I have never heard of it making someone act like they are on drugs..

Lieutenant Fred Corral told The Huffington Post B.C. that the cause of death was, "accidental due to drowning, other significant conditions: bipolar disorder."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06...n_3474116.html

Rest in peace, Elisa.

Really?

Wow that is shocking and sad news to hear What does the family think?

Asked how Ms. Lam might have made it up to the tank, Lt. Corral replied: “I guess she climbed up there.”

How she could have drowned was not covered by the coroner’s conclusion.

Toxicology tests disclosed no trace of drugs in the victim’s system, Lt. Corral added. “I agree it’s strange one, certainly stranger than many other cases we’ve had here.”
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle12726013/

Another, nothing new:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9146264

(Too short to snip)

Quote Originally Posted by Peace777 View Post
    Wow that is shocking and sad news to hear What does the family think?

I wondered if they were satisfied with this conclusion. I just find it so implausible that someone could have an acute psychotic episode without anyone close to her noticing behavior changes and then letting her travel alone. This is neat and tidy, so simple it may be the case. It certainly does not address how it took two weeks to find her body and how easy access to the roof is despite a locked alarm door. That never should have happened, and the Cecil is still leaving that door wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
    Reports are trickling in. Absolutely no info other than she was Bipolar and it was accidental. NO drugs found in her system?!?

How did they get from Bipolar to Accident with no further supporting evidence? They took all this time to tell us what everyone knew from her Tumblr account?

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...ng_bipolar.php

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...212363761.html
    Well, that could be the answer right there. If she was bipolar and not taking her medication (or suddenly stopped for some reason) she may not have been in her rational mind. That's what I suspected from the beginning. I'm very happy to hear there is no crazed tourist killer wandering LA right now. Hopefully this news brings some sense of closure to her family.

Thanks for the updates. Very strange IMO.

I am really disturbed how no one has even addressed how easy it still is to access that roof. This never had to happen. I would think LE would need more circumstantial evidence to draw this conclusion. I feel so bad for her family.

I wondered if they were satisfied with this conclusion. I just find it so implausible that someone could have an acute psychotic episode without anyone close to her noticing behavior changes and then letting her travel alone. This is neat and tidy, so simple it may be the case. It certainly does not address how it took two weeks to find her body and how easy access to the roof is despite a locked alarm door. That never should have happened, and the Cecil is still leaving that door wide open.
    Going off of antipsychotics or SSRIs (cant recall exactly which meds she was on at the moment. anyone have that tumblr page link?) can have major and swift complications. Even one or two missed doses could be detrimental. All MOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliste View Post
    Going off of antipsychotics or SSRIs (cant recall exactly which meds she was on at the moment. anyone have that tumblr page link?) can have major and swift complications. Even one or two missed doses could be detrimental. All MOO!
    Kaliste,

I understand that, and we don't need to go back to that med cocktail cause it was 10 months old to begin with so no proof of what she was supposed to be taking. I fully accept she could have done this, but to go cold turkey on her meds and/or to run out while traveling...just seemed like she was more astute and aware of her health than to do something like that. It seems a little out of character from her Tumblr posts. However, this is all we have to go on, so be it.

I still have my doubts about this. I would rather have the investigation on my desk. Did anyone exactly measure that quadratic hole on the top of he water tank? Was in about 35 centimeter (14 inch)? OK if someone stands beside it and jump into it with their arms at their sides, then I can understand it. But to actually fall into the hole accidently? I mean you got your arms and your legs moving out from you and you got two pipes beside the hole.

Was the lid there when the service personnel arrived on February 19?
    Were there any ladders outside against the water tanks? Ladders that you usually need to collect from the store room. Was she naked? Was there any scrapings inside the water tank? How did her nails look like? Did they collect any finger prints? How did they describe her own way down to the water tank? I guess this autopsy report doesn´t get through these kind of questions.

Kaliste,

I understand that, and we don't need to go back to that med cocktail cause it was 10 months old to begin with so no proof of what she was supposed to be taking. I fully accept she could have done this, but to go cold turkey on her meds and/or to run out while traveling...just seemed like she was more astute and aware of her health than to do something like that. It seems a little out of character from her Tumblr posts. However, this is all we have to go on, so be it.
    IMO it's the most rational scenario, to me. Whether she stopped her meds because she lost them, forgot a dose, they were stolen or she had an adverse reaction at some point on her trip doesn't matter. None of that means she wasn't the articulate woman we've seen on her tumblr. She was so young and bright with so much life ahead of her. Whatever the circumstances that she wound up in the water tower, it's an absolute tragedy.

All MOO

Vancouver woman’s death in L.A. hotel water tank ruled an accidental drowning
    http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20..._drowning.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast