1239 users online (283 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

Fire in Colorado

http://www.9news.com/news/article/34...-of-South-Fork

My mom, step-dad and grandpa are all about 25 miles or so away (as the crow flies) from this fire. It's extremely windy and a lot of the spruce trees are dead due to a beetle infestation. I drive through the towns of Creede and South Fork every time I go back to visit. Please pray that they get this fire contained soon.

They are saying now that chances are low to moderate that they can save South Fork. It's 2-3 miles west of there now. I just can't believe it.

Shelby,

Here's a link to keep you updated: WildlandFire.com

Shelby, we are also following the CO fires in the Weather thread at the top:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Wildfire News and Discussion
    Last edited by KateB; 06-08-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Reader View Post
    Shelby, we are also following the CO fires in the Weather thread at the top:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Wildfire News and Discussion
    I'm sorry, I didn't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby1 View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't see that.
    No problem...maybe a mod can combine your thread to that one?

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I'll alert it and maybe they could. Good idea.