1192 users online (233 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

Bug exposes contacts of some on Facebook

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...on_facebook-ap

Facebook says a bug in its system caused 6 million users' contact information to be inadvertently exposed.

The social media company said Friday that a bug led to users' contact information, such as email addresses or phone numbers, to be accessed by other users who either had some contact information about that person or some connection to them.

Facebook said in a blog post that the cause of the bug is "pretty technical" but that the problem is tied to its "Download Your Information" tool.........

Facebook said it has fixed the problem and is in the process of notifying affected users via email.

More stuff I don't understand at link....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

This is why I do not have any contact info on my FB.

AND...I don't care how much FB insists you use your real name....DO NOT!!! Just don't.