Woman finds snake in potatoes...proof anything can be returned to wm w/ receipt!!

my_tee_mouse

Done. Put a Fork in Me.
Reaction score
http://www.4029tv.com/news/north-hu...mart/-/8897838/20662612/-/taupq2/-/index.html

"Bonnie Raygor said she went to make dinner Thursday night when she reached into the bag of potatoes she bought last Friday and found an orange and white snake."

"'I think it is a corn snake[*]. That's what it looks like on the Internet,' she said. 'I'm hoping it's a corn snake, because I just stuck my hand in it and grabbed it.'"

"Raygor said she dumped the potatoes out of the bag, and her daughter and daughter-in-law put the snake into a reptile enclosure that she has from previous pets. She then called Walmart."

"'First, they told me I should bring it to the lawn and garden department and they'd take care of it,' Raygor said. 'And then I was dissatisfied, so I called and asked to speak to a manager, and he said if I had a receipt, I could get a refund. And that was the extent.'"

[*Uhhhh....my guess would have been a potato snake. :drumroll:]

OK from now on, only the net type potato bags for me. I would have passed out cold if I had pulled that thing out of a bag.

"May I help you?"

"Yes, the manager said if I had a receipt I could get a refund?"

"The problem, Ma'am?"

"Well, this snake was in this sack of potatoes. The manager said if I brought my receipt I could get a refund."

[Long Pause]

"Yes, just one moment while I try to find the bar code on this thing."

I'm surprised they didn't want to charge her for the snake.

In summers past and generally speaking, snakes at WalMart have generally kept to the gardening section.

This bodes ill.

If she doesn't go in for a refund quickly Walmart will not give a refund for food, lol.

I'm worried about what happened to the snake... I hope he/she was let loose. Corn snakes are harmless.

In summers past and generally speaking, snakes at WalMart have generally kept to the gardening section.

This bodes ill.

Really? I thought they were kept to the management.

(Drum icon here)

Really? I thought they were kept to the management.

(Drum icon here)

Thanks Shuby!!!!! I really need that belly laugh. But my poor keyboard didn't. No more tea while on the computer :floorlaugh:

You guys have way more interesting Wal-marts than the ones they opened here in Canada. I go to our local store, find what I need, check out and leave. Nothing interesting ever happens. Even the other customers are very run-of-the-mill.

OTOH I read about your exciting stores. Weirdos throwing themselves on the floor and kissing women's bare toes, bats biting children, snakes in the potatoes, fist fights in the aisles. Judging from the 'People of Wal-Mart' photos I have seen posted, even your customers are more exciting.

I want one of your Wal-Marts. I'll trade you one boring, quiet, average retail space for one that is jumpin'. :floorlaugh: I'll take my chances with the snakes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back