1520 users online (304 members and 1216 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Teresa Melissa Dean, 11, Macon, 15 Aug 1999

Hello, This is my first post so i'm a 'newbie'. I was looking at the north american missing persons site part of the doe network and I found a person missing from Macon, Ga. Then I checked the Web Sleuth site for anything on this person and there was nothing. So, I figured why not start a thread with her name. I don't have a link with her picture. What I noticed from the site was that she was Born: September 20, 1987 and was 11 years old at time of disappearance. This was back in 1998 (I think). Have any of you ever heard about her or read anything involving this case?

Dave

Do you have a link to this site?
    GeorgiaPeach

the link I found is http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/dean_teresa.html
    I hope it works, if not sure it can be pasted.

Meech is offline "I'm tough,ambitious,and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B*#@%, Okay"

Wonder where Couey was in '99? Was he in jail?
    "Life ain't hard, just get a job and don't kill anybody." by richandfamous

"Even my moderation is excessive." by richandfamous

Sheriff: Dean Case "Not Closed"

After searching for nine years police haven't given up on finding a missing girl.

Eight year old Teresa Dean went missing in 1999 near her Twiggs County home.

Twiggs County sheriff Darren Mitchum says he doesn't have any new information, but he hopes heating up this cold case will help

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local_sto...?storyid=34920

Bump

Teresa has been missing 11 years today. Come home soon.

This happened 20,30 miles down the road from me. I believe there was speculation that the step-father was involved.
    Also, there was another composite sketch of a suspect given recently. Teresa lived in a mobile home park near a construction site. Another girl who lived in a mobile home park next to a construction site in a nearby state (alabama I think) went missing 2 or 3 years before- in the same month as Teresa. The man in the sketch had a large mole on his face. Tommorrow at work I will look for a link to this information and the suspect's sketch. I do know that LE was looking into construction companies' list of employees and locations of jobsites.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 15, 1999 from Macon, Georgia
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: September 20, 1987
    Height and Weight: 4'10, 75 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Dean has a speech impediment.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue and white-striped shirt, orange or pink knit pants and clear plastic gel-type sandals.
    Medical Conditions: Dean may require medical attention for unspecified reasons.

Details of Disappearance

Dean was last seen walking down Lawrence Street near her family's singlewide trailer in Macon, Georgia at approximately 8:00 p.m. on August 15, 1999. She has never been seen again. Dean said she was going to a friend's house to visit some puppies, but never arrived there. An extensive search of the area produced no clues as to her whereabouts.
    Dean's mother's former boyfriend, Cody Landers, lived with her family in 1999. He was Dean's mother's fiance at the time, but they have since broken off their engagement. In October 2000, Landers was indicted on seven child molestation charges involving two children. He said that he failed a polygraph test which he took voluntarily shortly after Dean's disappearance, but claimed that the test was administered improperly. Landers called himself a suspect in Dean's case, but the police never named him as one. He is now in prison after pleading guilty to the child molestation charges. Landers has never been connected to Dean's case and no arrests have been made in her disappearance.

Some investigators feel Dean's case may be connected to the abductions and murders of Heaven Ross from Northport, Alabama in 2003 and Shannon Nicole Paulk from Prattville, Alabama in 2001. The girls are all Caucasian and were all eleven years old at the time they disappeared, and they all disappeared during the month of August from trailer parks where they lived. There was construction going on near the site of each girl's disappearance and it has been theorized that a construction worker or workers were involved in the girls' cases. Paulk was found deceased seven weeks after she went missing. Ross's remains were not recovered until late December 2006, over three years after her disappearance. Both girls' murders remain unsolved and no hard evidence links them to Dean's case.

Dean's case remains unsolved. She was a student at Alexander IV School in 1999. She has previously lived in Bibb County, Georgia. Authorities believe foul play may have been involved in her case.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Federal Bureau Of Investigation
    Macon, Georgia Office
    912-745-1271
    OR
    Georgia Bureau of Investigation
    912-987-4545
    OR
    Twiggs County Sheriff�s Department
    912-945-3357

Source Information
    The Charley Project
    The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
    Child Protection Education Of America
    The Macon Telegraph
    13-WMAZ
    Outpost for Hope
    WMAZ-TV
    The Tuscaloosa News
    The Ledger-Enquirer

source: http://missingpersonforum.com/index....pic=490.0;wap2

Here is a link to a site with the composite of a suspect. scroll down to the bottom to view.
    www.nampn.org/cases/dean_teresa.html

The area code for the phone numbers to the Macon office and I'm pretty sure the Twigg's office is now 478. It seems all the websites with her information still list the numbers with the old 912 area code. the GBI number listed would also have 478 as the area code.
    should I contact each site directly to have the number changed, or is there one site that would notify the others?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2667dfga.html

parakeet Doe Network has the area code you are talking about in your post above.

I'm not sure, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say that if you want you can send an email to each site asking them to update her info?

HTH. Perhaps someone else with more experience in these matters will come along to answer.

Sadly, it seems a recent tip in this case failed to lead to finding evidence relating to Teresa Melissa Dean.

A recent tip did not pan out for the GBI related to the 1999 disappearance of an 11-year-old Twiggs County girl.
    read more at: http://www.macon.com/2012/09/06/2165...or-gbi-in.html

Not really any new info in the recent story from local media below, but Teresa's case is mentioned. Posting it hoping to turn some new attention her way:

Discovery of Missing Ohio Girls Gives Familes of Missing Central Georgians New Hope

Following the announcement of the missing girls found alive in Ohio, it has brought new hope for the friends and families of missing people in central Georgia...

...11-year-old Teresa Dean was last seen on August 15, 1999 by a neighbor who saw her walking roughly 100 yards away from her Twiggs County home. Dean left home to go see her neighbor's new puppies. Teresa told her mother, "Bye Momma, I'll see you later." but never returned. Born in 1987, she would be about 25-years-old now. ...
    http://www.newscentralga.com/news/lo...206479921.html

Updating to link NamUs profile.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3991/0/
    Attached Images Attached Images

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast