NJ - Carol Reiff, 59, murdered, Blackwood, 20 June 2013 *arrest in 2023*

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Police In New Jersey Search For Missing 59-Year-Old Woman

carol-reiff.jpg

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...-jersey-search-for-missing-59-year-old-woman/

Just wanted to say thank you for that comment - "We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice. " That's so true!!

In Memory of Carol Reiff FB Page (Family run)

Gloucester Township Police FB Page

Newest reward flier (attached)

GTPD Crime Stoppers- Press Conference- Carol Reiff Death Investigation 7-29-2013 - YouTube

You tube video Jul 29, 2013

The Gloucester Township Police Department is requesting information regarding the death of Carol Reiff of Lakeview Apartments in Gloucester Township N.J.
Carol Reiff last spoke to family members on Thursday June 20, 2013. Miss Reiff had plans to travel to Manahawkin, NJ to visit family on Friday Morning, June 21, 2013. Miss Reiff never arrived and family contacted police. Her body was discovered by police on Monday Morning, June 24, 2013 in the Lakeview Apartment Complex .
Any information, please call Gloucester Township Police Department at (856) 228-4500 or the Gloucester Township Police Anonymous Tip Line (856) 842-5560, or the Camden County Prosecutor's Office of New Jersey (856) 225-8500.
To send an Anonymous Tip via Text Message, text the keyword GLOTWP and your tip message to 847411 ( tip411)
To send an Anonymous Web Tip: click here
A $20,000 reward is being made available for information that would shed light on how Reiff died.

Attachments

• CarolReiffReward07292013.jpg
    CarolReiffReward07292013.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 38
The police don't seem to be releasing much information about Carol Reiff's death. I am at a little bit of a loss as to why after 3 days her remains were in such a state that made identification difficult. Any ideas?

Answering my own question, I did read a little more and found an article that says the heat and humidity decomposed her body so rapidly.

Two things that stuck out to me though - one is that in her obituary one of the charities listed for donations is a domestic violence charity, is there a violent ex in her past? And two, the reviews of the apartment complex where she lived are very scary, lots of talk about broken locks on doors, dark parking lots, drug activity, etc.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NJ-Blackwood-Lakeview-Apartments.html

Respectfully snipped -

Two things that stuck out to me though - one is that in her obituary one of the charities listed for donations is a domestic violence charity, is there a violent ex in her past?

obituary
In lieu of flowers Carol's family would appreciate memorial contributiions to Children's Hospital, 3401 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 OR VDAY.org at 303 Park Ave South, Suite 1184 New York, NY 10010 A global movement to end violence against women.

the reviews of the apartment complex where she lived are very scary, lots of talk about broken locks on doors, dark parking lots, drug activity, etc.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NJ-Blackwood-Lakeview-Apartments.html

Lakeview Apartments tenant FB page

Blackwood, NJ info City-Data

Blackwood NJ Crime

It's amazing they still have no cause of death! I wonder if her family thinks they know WHO did this, or if they just think she was murdered. How sad for this family.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20140701_A_year_later__woman_s_death_remains_a_mystery.html

A year later, authorities have not officially declared her death a homicide - partly because of a lack of clues - but are still investigating as if it were one. They say a cause of death is also undetermined.

A $20,000 reward has been posted for tips that lead to the arrest and conviction of a suspect...

On a sunny but cold day in late March, nearly three dozen Gloucester Township police officers searched the wooded area where her body was found and handed out fliers. At the time, then-Camden County Prosecutor Warren Faulk said that investigators had "gained some additional information, but not enough" to call her death a homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back