728 users online (108 members and 620 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This is really offensive.....

I just came across this today on eBay and feel sick to my stomach. If there are any Ramsey family members out there, or anyone who knows the family please alert them to this, I think immediate legal action should be taken against this seller. It's so sick that I think he/she should even be investigated by the authorities. *Warning" it's a very disturbing link, read with caution. I cannot believe he's a "power seller".
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=471469253 3&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

Yep, that is very offensive, that seller seems to sell many of those type of CD's. Apparently its a type of music.

Anyone can be a powerseller if they sell enough volume on ebay.

I started a thread in the parking lot about another auction on ebay I found questionable. It's a picture of a toddler modeling a pageant swimsuit while posing on an unmade bed. Maybe some people with more knowledge about toddler pageants can take a look at it.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

But how on earth can they get away with actually naming Jon Benet?? How on earth in the world's most litigious country, has that been allowed to be published and sold?

I'm new here, will see if I can find my way to the Parking Lot....

That is really sick. I think he should be in the adults category....not in general Ebay.

Hi... I've reported this to EBAY this is against their policies including portraying or profiting off of murder victims....etc... I've also emailed Lin Wood. This is terrifying.

THANK YOU Blueclouds! I knew someone would know who to tell about it!

i agree that it is a sick exploitation of JBR, but i found these guys not so long ago while looking for some stuff online. it's the name of their band. certainly sick, but i'm not sure the ramseys can do anything about since her name is not copyrighted. but perhaps it's become such a "household name", for lack of a better term, that the ramseys do have some sort of rights...

anyone have insight on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    i agree that it is a sick exploitation of JBR, but i found these guys not so long ago while looking for some stuff online. it's the name of their band. certainly sick, but i'm not sure the ramseys can do anything about since her name is not copyrighted. but perhaps it's become such a "household name", for lack of a better term, that the ramseys do have some sort of rights...

anyone have insight on this?
    They look like they have used an actual photo of Jonbenet (that they have defaced) on the cover, do you think? Surely that would be violating something?

Very sick indeed.

LazyCat08 is offline I may not be Glenn Beck, but I am a thinker......

Thumbs down This Person Just Wants Attention and Reaction!

Whomever is selling this raw sewage is a LOSER with a capital "L"- they are just hiding behind a computer on EBAY because if they actually tried to sell it anywhere else they's get their ass kicked and would probably would be thrown in jail.
    It is sick and really sad too.
    bhp

That's just disgusting. I am betting that it will be passed off as a freedom of speech issue though. All of the crap this seller has is just sick. I hope ebay can do something.

Thank you for this alert.
    I know someone who knows the Ramsey's but I don't think they do ebay. I will alert him just in case.
    Karen

Thanks AK, much appreciated, I know if that was my daughter's image and name being used in that way I would want to do something. They don't need to be an eBay member to do something, the Ramsey's legal team can request that eBay remove the auction and eBay will usually err on the side of caution and pull it first, ask questions later.

The band has a website http://www.jonbenetramsey.net/

pretty disgusting if you ask me...evil is definitely alive in our world
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast