AZ AZ - Jennifer Wictor, 20, Tempe, 10 March 1988

ClaireNC

Reaction score
Jennifer Marie Wictor was last seen on March 10, 1988 at 11 pm. Wictor's whereabouts are unknown. She was entered into NamUs in 2010.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4925/2/

Wictor's car was then found abandoned on Interstate 10 at about mile post marker 62 just west of Phoenix, Arizona on March 11, 1988 in the morning. Wictor's whereabouts are unknown.
http://doenetwork.org/cases/2994dfaz.html

Date Of Birth: April 16, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 69-71"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.

Internet searches have found no MSM mentions of her disappearance. One Topix message says she graduated from Tempe High School in 1985.

There is an unusual note in her NamUs file under circumstances that states: "RSA Knight 11/13/12 - see details Police Information LE Circumstances not public viewable"

Apologies, but I dont really know how this works. Is this thread in a section where discussion is allowed, or is it information only?

Discuss at will, Mel, within the bounds of common decency!

BTW, that is one tall woman!

OK, we have only a few things to work with here. There is a person with JW's unusual last name who died in 2003. He also attended Tempe HS and graduated in 1990. He is the right age and was in the right place to be a five years younger brother but his obit makes no mention of Jennifer. He was born in Nebraska, I wonder if JW was also.

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this case? Has anyone ever seen anything like that weird note on NamUS? I haven't.

Does anyone know which SK, if any, was in the area in mid 1980s?

Can we link to the murderpedia site here? I did a search by state and found quite a few killers in AZ, not all in the same area as this victim, and not all known serial killers, but a few I read about seemed they might be worth looking into further.

The site lists the killers by names, dates of known offences, and number of known victims. You can click on each name and read a synopsis of their crimes, the locations of their crimes, incarceration dates, etc, which help narrow down someone who might be a good suspect.

OT - is there a sticky around here somewhere, or info in a forum etiquette type post, that specifically lists which sites are not to be linked, or is it more of a guideline rule for a case by case basis?

Partial OT - I read a bit in the rules about banned links. TEST to see if this link is allowed. It's a list of convicted male killers in AZ. I didn't look up info on female killers:

http://www.murderpedia.org/usa/arizona.htm

---

ETA: this link shows up without the ******** in the site name. I assume it's okay to link to.

I wonder what the RSA in the namus note stands for? Since they put it out there for public viewing, can we ask?

RSA can stand for "Republic of South Africa"
"Redding School of the Arts"
"Retirement Savings Account"
"Remote Storage Area"
"Riverside Sheriff's Assocation"

and a ton of other stuff.

I wonder what the RSA in the namus note stands for? Since they put it out there for public viewing, can we ask?

RSA can stand for "Republic of South Africa"
"Redding School of the Arts"
"Retirement Savings Account"
"Remote Storage Area"
"Riverside Sheriff's Assocation"

and a ton of other stuff.

This is a pdf guide to entering NamUs infomation:

http://www.nij.gov/funding/2011/namus-academies-guide.pdf

On page 87-89, Chapter 4 it appears that...

RSA = Regional System Administrator

It suggests (imo) that the person who entered the Wictor case info included a notation that they didn't want seen by the public. There is something in the police report that they don't want disclosed. (Hmmm... now I wonder if it's possible to obtain a copy of the police report?)

Even though this is about the Activities Log, I would assume it's the same general idea.
Page 89 it reads:
"To make an entry into the Activities Log, type it into the “Enter Text Here” box. It is important that you review your message carefully within the “Enter Text Here” box and decide on whether to make it viewable to others before posting it. Once posted, all entries posted are irrevocable; they are permanently in the Activities Log and cannot be edited or deleted for any reason.
Use good judgment in deciding whether others can view your comments; the case creator may be a relative of the missing person.
Clicking on the “Post Message” button submits your comment into the running collection of entries in the Activities Log. The system automatically adds the date and time, and records your name with your comment. All of the information is saved automatically; there is no other save feature.
To hide the Activities Log from view, click on the “Collapse” link."

It's odd there's not more information for JW. I have looked and that is not a very popular last name in Tempe. There is an obit out there it list names that could possible be a sister (maybe) or other relative of JW. Just a thought....

I have found a listing on ancestry for a Dee Dee Wictor in a 1987 Dobson High School (Mesa, Arizona) Year book. "Students and staff lost a respected colleague, friend and educator with the death of Mrs. Dee Dee Wictor…" She could be a relative. The date could be relevant given the date of Jennifer's disappearance. There are other photographs (at least three that are not on here) of Jennifer in her High School yearbook where you can tell it's her but she looks quite different. They would be worthwhile posting but I don't know how to do that.

Also, I think it's worthwhile exploring this particular Jane Doe:

TX - "Lori Ruff", Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), *General Discussion and Theories* #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

moo

I wonder what that unreleased info is!
Jennifer has been brought up several times on the "Lori Ruff" thread that I can remember... I looked around on ancestry a little for Jennifer's family. There is a man and a woman who I believe are/were either siblings or cousins of hers from looking at obituaries. I believe the woman mentioned above is the wife of WW, but I am unsure if they are Jennifer's parents because Jennifer is not mentioned in one obit (brother/cousin) but IS mentioned in her grandfathers obituary. I will keep looking and see if I can find anything further for Jennifer...

I guess that the Grandfather still believed that she was alive and other family members either "disowned" her or believed that she had passed. I'm really confused as to why no updated information (including pictures) for Jennifer is available. Her family is quite easily traceable; her sister in particular, and yet none of them has made any obvious effort to find her?

moo

Jennifer had a family…Where are they? I understand that LE might have not followed her case; given that she was "of age" and may have left of her own volition but I cannot believe that nothing was ever written about her disappearance anywhere but on namus! She simply disappeared without any information apart from the fact that her car was found abandoned. That's it? Nothing else about her but the few High School pics that are publicly available?

I think her mother died the year before she "disappeared". I don't know if her father has passed yet. Her brother died very young. Her sister appears to be alive and well and living in Arizona.

I am bumping for Jennifer.

Jennifer's sister is alive and well. Here's hoping she joins us to help find Jennifer!

Bumping for Jennifer!

I wonder what the situation is there in Tempe regarding Jennifer's case. Is she on a "back burner" due to the fact that no one seems to be actively searching for her? Was her disappearance put aside given that she was almost legally an adult? How is it that no one who knew her/was related to her is searching for her???

Bumping for Jennifer! Maybe family/friends might see this…Maybe they have some information to share that might help us find her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back