Nelson Mandela in Critical Condition

I love this man. He changed the world!

Do yourselves a favor and read his autobiography, The Long Walk to Freedom. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

Godspeed, Mr. Mandela!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Yesterday they were saying he was responding to treatments. I have so much respect for this man, what he has overcome and accomplished.

South Africa: Mandela still in critical condition

CHRISTOPHER TORCHIA, AP
4 hours ago

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Nelson Mandela's condition in a Pretoria hospital remained critical for a second straight day Monday, said South Africa's president who described the stricken anti-apartheid hero as being "asleep" when he visited Mandela the previous evening

President Jacob Zuma told at least 60 foreign and South African journalists that doctors are doing everything possible to ensure the 94-year-old's wellbeing and comfort on his 17th day in the hospital. The president repeated some of the content of a presidential statement issued on Sunday and refused to give any details about Mandela's condition, saying: "I'm not a doctor"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130624/AF--South.Africa-Mandela/

Love and light to Mr Mandela, a true hero. If it is his time, may he have a peaceful, happy death, surrounded by his loved ones. :rose: :cry:

Not everyone's ready to canonize this man. I don't know.

The fact is that even Amnesty International refused to take on Nelson Mandela’s case because they asserted that he was no political prisoner but had committed numerous violent crimes and had had a fair trial and a reasonable sentence.
Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. He had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilizing terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists.
http://plaintruthmagazine.blogspot.com/2010/07/crimes-of-terrorist-nelson-mandela.html

Was Nelson Mandela a criminal?
I have heard so much about how Nelson Mandela is a peaceful man, but i have never heard that he was the head of ANC a terrorist organization that killed 100's of innocent civilians, i have heard rumors he wanted to kick white people out of South Africa too, was he a criminal or peace activist?
6 years ago Report Abuse Additional Details
The bit about the ANC was on Wikipedia
6 years ago

In 1961, Mandela became the leader of the ANC's armed wing, Umkhonto we Sizwe (translated as Spear of the Nation, also abbreviated as MK), which he co-founded. He co-ordinated a sabotage campaign against military and government targets, and made plans for a possible guerrilla war if sabotage failed to end apartheid. A few decades later, MK did indeed wage a guerrilla war against the regime, especially during the 1980s, in which many civilians were killed. Mandela also raised funds for MK abroad, and arranged for paramilitary training, visiting various African governments.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mand…
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Of course, he's a criminal. With the aid of his commie buddies like Joe Slovo, his cohorts killed thousands of people through guerrilla warfare.

I saw a recent film where he was singing "Kill All The Whites." Is that the action of a peaceful man?

His wife Minnie is even worse. She had a young boy named Stompie necklaced right in front of her,
6 years ago Report Abuse 1 person rated this as good
Asker's Rating: Asker's Comment: Thats pretty shocking, and to think people like him are 'heros'

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070305111420AAymrYB

220px-Nelson_Mandela-2008_%28edit%29.jpg

"Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity."

Nelson Mandela
FROM AN INTERVIEW FOR THE DOCUMENTARY MANDELA, 1994

http://www.nelsonmandela.org/

God bless this "ferociously brave" man.

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.”
― Nelson Mandela

Tracker Sam! Steps have begun to canonize Dr. Mandela? When I reported your post, I hadn't noticed that part of your....uh....post. Who has started the process? Is the Dr. even Catholic? Hmmmmm You may need to hire a fact checker. Judy

Just trying to keep it real. He's no hero in my book. I think you're the one that needs the fact checker. :facepalm:
The ends don't justify the means. Who started the process?...........people on this thread.
You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

I know someone who works in British media.
RUMOUR
I was told that 100s of journalists left for SA on a commissioned flight yesterday evening. Also heard that Mr Mandela is on a ventilator

Awaiting news... Such sad times, in so many ways. I hope he's pain free and exits this world peacefully.

Just trying to keep it real. He's no hero in my book. I think you're the one that needs the fact checker. :facepalm:
The ends don't justify the means. Who started the process?...........people on this thread.
You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

.....:blowkiss:

I love this man. He changed the world!

Do yourselves a favor and read his autobiography, The Long Walk to Freedom. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

Godspeed, Mr. Mandela!

Thank you for your suggestion! I am going to get this book. :)

Mr Mandela is still holding on. He is, afterall, a true fighter. Prayers to him and all his loved ones.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-23500805

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back