787 users online (98 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Hostess: Twinkies to return to shelves July 15!

Hostess is betting on a sweet comeback for Twinkies when they return to shelves next month.

The company that went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year is back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. It says it plans to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.

Based on the outpouring of nostalgia sparked by its demise, Hostess is expecting a blockbuster return next month for Twinkies and other sugary treats, such as CupCakes and Donettes. The company says the cakes will taste the same but that the boxes will now bear the tag line "The Sweetest Comeback In The History Of Ever."

http://www.13abc.com/story/22665248/...at_pco=cfd-1.0

Quote Originally Posted by momrids6 View Post
    Hostess is betting on a sweet comeback for Twinkies when they return to shelves next month.

The company that went bankrupt after an acrimonious fight with its unionized workers last year is back up and running under new owners and a leaner structure. It says it plans to have Twinkies and other snack cakes back on shelves starting July 15.

Based on the outpouring of nostalgia sparked by its demise, Hostess is expecting a blockbuster return next month for Twinkies and other sugary treats, such as CupCakes and Donettes. The company says the cakes will taste the same but that the boxes will now bear the tag line "The Sweetest Comeback In The History Of Ever."

http://www.13abc.com/story/22665248/...at_pco=cfd-1.0
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Perfect timing! Uncle will turn 65 on the 15th, now I know what to get him LOL cupcakes!

They're back already, different packaging, at Walmart Foods.

Is it sad that I'm excited about this?

(diet? I don't need no steenkin' diet...)

Quote Originally Posted by HawksGirl View Post
    Is it sad that I'm excited about this?

(diet? I don't need no steenkin' diet...)
    Not at all. I'm not a union guy. Unions.....we don't need any steekin' unions.
    Look at how many people they put out of work.

I'm going to look for donettes. Never heard of them unless they're the little chocolate, white sugar, or cinnamon donuts.